Saints 1-2 Everton - Reaction

Lighthouse

Do we not have another left back at our club other than sulky bertrand? ....whats happend to McQueen?.......square pegs round holes yet again ........all week you look at the smilling faces and

fun they all seem to be having on the trainning pitches and suddenly when it comes to match day they freeze.

Dont see any formation that we could possibly use to stave of the seemigly enevitable atm.

We are now 3 wins away from saftey and its looking very grim indeed no positives for the fans to take away with them today apart from a complimantary scarf....wow.We show no pressure and were at home .

Given the number of people that react to his posting tactics in exactly the way he wants them to,vi would say that he's far from clueless. He's actually very good at what he does.

Most were ignoring him in the match thread to be honest. Must be quite a difficult and sad life to post wind up material and then wait for bites to provide a glimmer of joy. I felt bad for the guy, can’t be easy.

At least today dispelled any lingering hopes that Djenepo is some sort of Mane-esque talisman we can all hang our hats on to steer us clear relegation. He's got a bit about him but he won't be saving us.

The poor bloke was playing LB tbf- no wonder he looked so average. Regardless of how **** the players are I’d expect a bit of fight from the team but we just look all over the shop, Ralph and the whole backroom staff need to go. He makes George Burley look like a tactical genius.

Absolutey hate going to St Mary’s now, the whole match day experience is disappointing crap, to watch a bunch of ****. Can not wait for the day JWP leaves this club and I, the epitome of how far we’ve fallen that we his guy was wearing the Captains armband today. The whole defence is awful, and I’m still dumbfounded some people claimed Romeu is better than big vic or Morgan.

Toasters the lot of them, do they even give a ****.

Ralph has not been able to lift the players from the Leicester game. Yes slightly better against City last week but it's still 4 defeats in a row. Today was everything that is wrong and he is part of it.

Easier to change the manager than the whole team. We are certain to go down if he stays in charge and probably will anyway. But once again we need to gamble on it working out.

Do we not have another left back at our club other than sulky bertrand? ....whats happend to McQueen?.......square pegs round holes yet again ........all week you look at the smilling faces and

fun they all seem to be having on the trainning pitches and suddenly when it comes to match day they freeze.

Dont see any formation that we could possibly use to stave of the seemigly enevitable atm.

We are now 3 wins away from saftey and its looking very grim indeed no positives for the fans to take away with them today apart from a complimantary scarf....wow.We show no pressure and were at home .

You obviously blinked & missed Ralph's fantastic decision to give Vokins a one minute cameo in the league cup. Sure he learned a lot in that minute.

The poor bloke was playing LB tbf- no wonder he looked so average. Regardless of how **** the players are I’d expect a bit of fight from the team but we just look all over the shop, Ralph and the whole backroom staff need to go. He makes George Burley look like a tactical genius.

Absolutey hate going to St Mary’s now, the whole match day experience is disappointing crap, to watch a bunch of ****. Can not wait for the day JWP leaves this club and I, the epitome of how far we’ve fallen that we his guy was wearing the Captains armband today. The whole defence is awful, and I’m still dumbfounded some people claimed Romeu is better than big vic or Morgan.

Toasters the lot of them, do they even give a ****.

Needless to say my angry typing was auto corrected with hilarious results.

What is it about St Mary's? How can the attitude and performance be so different from the Man City game just last week?
Same could be said about the first 15 mins if the second half. How can we play like that and suddenly give up and look so poor. Players just not showing enough effort.

I’m wondering if the issue with Hasenhuttl is that he has a particular style that he is an expert at coaching, but that it also requires a particular set of players to work. We don’t have those players, so he has to look for other ways to get a tune out of the team, and just isn’t that versatile.

The thing that perplexed me though is the change from last season. He started making decisions that everyone wanted to see (ie all the weird selections from Hughes stopped), and it seemed like the players were all inside with him. Perhaps the latter is simply down to players losing confidence and ultimately faith in RH with results, but why has Hasenhuttl’s approach with regard to team selection and tactics changed so much?

Even things like bringing Boufal back, getting him playing well and looking like a key player, and then stopping playing him. All the time we have JWP contributing very little every week.

Actually can’t remember a time I’ve enjoyed going to a game less than that, admittedly I wasn’t at the Leicester game, but still. Woeful from the first to the last.

Losing is never a great day out, but how we played was worrying. Toothless, gutless, rubbish in every single way possible.

Feels like the fans have been overly good, or tried to be for too long, hasn’t worked and now just resigned to the fact we circling the drain.

Actually can’t remember a time I’ve enjoyed going to a game less than that, admittedly I wasn’t at the Leicester game, but still. Woeful from the first to the last.

Losing is never a great day out, but how we played was worrying. Toothless, gutless, rubbish in every single way possible.

Feels like the fans have been overly good, or tried to be for too long, hasn’t worked and now just resigned to the fact we circling the drain.

I have been concerned for a while that this squad would be incapable of getting us in the frame for promotion from the Championship.

Take away the players that will have to be sold for revenue or to reduce the wage bill, add in the Black Box's complete failure to spot suitable players at a reasonable price and League One looks a reasonable scenario.

Meantime my Players rating for today

McCarthy 6... Couldnt be blamed for the goals

Armstrong 5... Played out of position

Cedric 5... Ditto

Bednerak 5... Below average.

Vestergaard 5... Ditto

Stephens 5... Ditto

Romeu 4.... Worse game I have seen him play fro some time

Ward Prowse 4 ... Was going to be 3 but he had a decent free kick well saved

Redmond 4... Hardly in the game but to be fair the service to the front players was poor

Ings 5.5.. Another isolated player trying to deal with high balls against taller and more powerful players

Djenepo 5.5....Reminds me of a skinny and more skilful George Lawrence. Should never be asked to play left back

Boufal 6.... As we know tends to play himself into blind alleys but at least gave us a few things to cheer about especially making the goal

Ched Evans 3.... A couple of runs when he came on

Obefemi 1....Dis he actually touch the ball?

Going down would be a catastrophe with these owners. They are takers not givers and I can’t see us getting back up any time soon.

I’m not a fan of old style functional football but I don’t understand all the negative comments about a manager like Allardyce. I’ve always thought his teams play when they can but his first priority is solidity and there’s nothing wrong with that. You build from the back and go from there.

However, he’s a shrewd operator and the question we should be asking is are we good enough for him? He won’t want to take a team down and honest answer is, no I don’t think we are. He’s not a mug and our first team are mugs unfortunately. He’s a much better manager than we are a team and a squad.

This team is utter, utter ****e. Way, way worse than in 05. At least that team scored goals. This one is just as **** at the back but we hardly score any. We are like rabbits in the headlights as we are scared to pay at home now. I can’t see this ending in anything other than being 10 pokes adrift of safety by the end. People who say we would struggle in championship are right. We’d get walked over physically and desire wise it’s just not there at the moment. Worrying times but it’s been coming for a long while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Team has no real idea on how they want to play, each week it seems a random 11 is selected in different positions. No wonder we look poor.

spot on. Ralf doesn't seem to have a clue what his best 11 is. He makes so many changes every week. How are players ever going to find form, confidence and an understanding?

I know why he went five at the back (with four we shipped goals), but Koeman had it right, tighten the ship with five against the top sides, then move back to a four against the rest.

I am so glad we didn't renew our STs. If Ralph can't see the bleeding obvious then perhaps he needs to to Spec Savers. Giving JWP the captains armband is an insult of the highest level for us fans. Crab football is not in the least entertaining and yet week after week that's how we play (I'm reluctant to use the word play because perform they cannot) There's something rotten festering inside our Club and it's certainly not the employees. Until this is sorted out we will continue to drop like a stone. I don't really want the Championship but we may get a little more value for our money. Very soon fans will start walking away and the responsibility for that is totally on the shoulders of the Owners. It's time for GAO to go.

Going down would be a catastrophe with these owners. They are takers not givers and I can’t see us getting back up any time soon.

I’m not a fan of old style functional football but I don’t understand all the negative comments about a manager like Allardyce. I’ve always thought his teams play when they can but his first priority is solidity and there’s nothing wrong with that. You build from the back and go from there.

However, he’s a shrewd operator and the question we should be asking is are we good enough for him? He won’t want to take a team down and honest answer is, no I don’t think we are. He’s not a mug and our first team are mugs unfortunately. He’s a much better manager than we are a team and a squad.

This team is utter, utter ****e. Way, way worse than in 05. At least that team scored goals. This one is just as **** at the back but we hardly score any. We are like rabbits in the headlights as we are scared to pay at home now. I can’t see this ending in anything other than being 10 pokes adrift of safety by the end. People who say we would struggle in championship are right. We’d get walked over physically and desire wise it’s just not there at the moment. Worrying times but it’s been coming for a long while.

NOOOOOO! The worst knee-jerk reaction. You really want a negative, park the bus hoofball crook to manage us? I'd rather give a ball boy a go.

Obviously rubbish but its very clear to me that on the pitch the biggest problem by a million miles is our CBs.

They are all crap and all dreadful on the ball.

I felt for the attackers because the defence just doesn't give us a foothold in any game at the moment.

Failure to sign a proper CB in the summer will relegate us.

This. Although I wouldnt call Kat a parasite. More of a naive dumb mother****er

I'm glad at least that Kat was present to see what her actions (appointments) have led us to. She is the architect of our fall. She has been too keen to capitalise on Marcus's inheritance by selling our best and replacing with cheap clueless inferiors

The thing that perplexed me though is the change from last season. He started making decisions that everyone wanted to see (ie all the weird selections from Hughes stopped), and it seemed like the players were all onside with him.

This is what baffles me somewhat too. Hassenhutl was getting a decent tune out of these players second half of last season and that has completed reversed this season. How can a manager and squad go from top 10 form (which we were just about under Ralph's tenure last season) to relegation form so quickly? It has to be something to do with Rohl's sudden departure in the summer IMO. That's the only significant variable that's changed.

Edited by trousers

I’d take Allardyce at this point.

Change my mind.

So would I. It's the last throw of the (allar)dice but **** it, if it keeps us up, do it. He ain't getting poached from us by England that's for sure and we might be a tad less demanding than Everton fans so we may even get some stability!

NOOOOOO! The worst knee-jerk reaction. You really want a negative, park the bus hoofball crook to manage us? I'd rather give a ball boy a go.

No I don’t want hoof ball but I’ve seen Allardyce teams play us off the park on more than one occasion. I’m not saying he is the answer, only I don’t understand the negativity towards him and he should be deserving of more respect than he he gets. I’m not sure our players could do what he’d ask of them anyway. We’re in the **** and make no mistake. [emoji37]

did you go to any of the Saints West Ham games at St Marys when he was there? Crikey. They were dreadful. There was no attempt to play at all. Nudder. If smashing the ball into outer space at every opportunity is classified as functional then I'd prefer disfunctional thanks.

For ****s sake, the 5 at the back has to go. We are always going to let in a couple of goals, so let's make sure we give ourselves a bit more attacking freedom. When we have the ball, the defenders just pass it amongst themselves hoping someone becomes free that they can release to. But given Romeu is rarely more than 10 yards from the defenders, that leaves just 4 players up the pitch which makes it very easy for the opposition to mark us out of the game. So we kick it long hoping that Redmond or Ings can magic something up and we lost the ball. Rise and repeat. So let's remove a player from the backline and let's give us another person up the pitch. One of the few glimpses of hope we have got is that we do have some flair attacking players, even if they are frustrating. I wouldn't mind us going back to a 4-2-3-1 as that has usually got the best out of our attacks in the past. It's difficult as there isn't a natural player to go with Romeu in that defensive midfield duo, but might give us a stonger attacking foundation

This - 47% possession must have been almost entirely passing it between the back five, as the ball hardly stuck for longer than two passes in midfield and attack. None of our CBs are great passers, and yet we're set up for them to be our chief playmakers. Hence the number of times Bednarek ending up passing it straight to Pickford.

we have made our bed and have to lay in it. we weren't satisfied with top 8 finishes and a cup final, the 'anyone but' attitude has got us here.

So if w get rid of another manager will that work. Sooner or later we have to stick. Any team that loses 9-0 is in trouble and probably still a bag of nerves

No I don’t want hoof ball but I’ve seen Allardyce teams play us off the park on more than one occasion. I’m not saying he is the answer, only I don’t understand the negativity towards him and he should be deserving of more respect than he he gets. I’m not sure our players could do what he’d ask of them anyway. We’re in the **** and make no mistake. [emoji37]

Would not worry about big Sam, Gao won’t have a fuking clue who he is

The kindest thing you can say fit Ralph is massively out of his depth in the pl. I think he has lost it completely

he certainly doesn't seem to have the answer, but does anyone? I don't see a top class keeper, or any CB or CM at the club good enough. There is a little bit of flair out wide, but the strikers are not top class. The youth players around the first team squad don't improve us. We could be doing better, but this side is not strong.