Saints 1-2 Everton - Reaction

Lighthouse

I never said he was going to keep us up, my original post was literally that we should go down and keep him whilst backing him with anything we could in the transfer market for the push back up.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Really .... The team are really performing terribly but you believe we should just keep ploughing on doing the same thing?

Totally disagree. Christ, Ralph doesn’t even coach them to mark the opposition let alone any modicum of logical personnel choices in logical positions and as for ‘tactics’ that area is almost laughable. No the guy has to go.

This - 47% possession must have been almost entirely passing it between the back five, as the ball hardly stuck for longer than two passes in midfield and attack. None of our CBs are great passers, and yet we're set up for them to be our chief playmakers.

good analysis. I am all for keeping possession, but we struggle to do that. If you don't have top class players throughout the side that can retain the ball then you need to get it to those that can or change the style/methodology. The way we are playing five at the back is not working.

We need to get Neil Lennon in, he has got 2 Saints players performing at their best, maybe he can get Lemina playing as well. Our entire coaching staff, to a man, need sacking, no questions. Get Lennon in and have him choose his coaching team.
that repulsive t### no thanks

We need to get Neil Lennon in, he has got 2 Saints players performing at their best, maybe he can get Lemina playing as well. Our entire coaching staff, to a man, need sacking, no questions. Get Lennon in and have him choose his coaching team.
Ffs. He's doing it in the Scottish league, with one of only 2 teams in that league. How many more times does this comparison have to be explained.

Sent from my SM-T590 using Tapatalk

We simply ain't good enough to stay up. You could put any manager you want in and we are still ****e.

I thought exactly that last season before Ralf turned things around.

It feels like we are repeating Sunderland path to relegation, surviving for two seasons, continuing to buy tosh players and suffering previous poor signings before crashing out of the league in the third season of struggle.

Was fecking terrible at Bolton.

St marys didn’t represent a library today it was a morgue. Atmosphere was shocking and hardly surprising considering the garbage served up this season. Team once again completely disjointed with players out of position all over the place. The first half was worse than anything under pellegrino or puel. No excuses.

Who in the current structure is Ralph accountable to on the football side?? No idea. This lies the issue. Nobody questioning his bizarre selections from within I doubt.

Ralph cut a lonely figure on the sidelines, body language says to me that he’s lost it. Hasn’t an idea how to fix it and he’s not Getting much help off the bench either. If he goes which could happen I don’t know who’d want it. Big Sam is isn’t stupid and doubt would want to damage his reputation coming here.

Club is a shambles from top to bottom. GAO can feck off, useless tosspot without a pot to **** in. There is no upward curve with him in at the helm.

You said the same about Brendan Rodgers :mcinnes:
No, I never, he showed his pedigree at Liverpool. The point is, it's easy to get results in Scotland with the top two teams. Lennon would struggle greatly in the premier league with our **** show of a squad.

We are still paying out £6m per annum to our past sacked managers (Hughes, Puel and Pelligrini) but I think there now should be a 4th to join that gravy train.

The players have no relationship with him. Who's fault is that? Well some would say the players but Hasenhuttl is not respected and not liked. They think he is arrogant and without Rohl there is no relationship or proper communication.

Quite frankly someone like Coleman could do no worse as things stand.

And there is no point slagging Gao, although he deserves it. He aint going nowhere.

What a truly pathetic team this is, honestly.

I've had 3 and a bit seasons having to endure Romeu, JWP, Redmond, Cedric, Stephens et co try and contribute to a football match.

The spine of this team is the worst in the league, there are probably better in the NPC and L1 to be honest. This team will go down as our most unlikable ever, without question. Purple patches from Redmond and Hoj apart, they have been part of this team for too long and haven’t helped.

No point in talking about the game as it's yet another defeat at home. I'm bored of it all.

Well that first half was as poor an attacking and creative display as we have seen for a long time. Understandably short of confidence and nervous of what reaction they may get from the home crowd after Leicester. However as others have commented it is hard to fathom what Ralph tactically has in his mind now. The attacking patter is deteriorating and I have seen no evidence of ability to coach and drill a back line. Quite frankly, what are they working on midweek on the training ground?

Clearly root cause is squad quality, Gao funding etc. However it is not unreasonable to question whether, in difficult circumstances, Ralp is getting a reasonable return on the resources at his disposal.

Generous route to take is to say that until we have played everyone once the league table is misleading and once we get past Arsenal we have a nice looking run in to the half way mark where we need to be at 20 points (albeit we play Chelsea bizarrely twice before we play Palace one). Four wins needed. And so pulling the trigger now is premature.

However hawkish response is to say that things are getting worse not better, these upcoming fixtures are not to be wasted and that there is evidence that the players and Ralph are moving further apart not closer together.

As I have repeatedly posted, until we get back to clean sheets we have no chance as teams outside the top six rarely score three or four goals. If you look at the stats, when we finished top 8 four seasons on the belt the truth is it was primarily due to the goals conceded column. My heart says give Ralph until Xmas, my head says get a replacement in who has proven track record in effectively drilling a defence. Big Sam is an obvious choice, despite the reaction from some fans.

We are still paying out £6m per annum to our past sacked managers (Hughes, Puel and Pelligrini) but I think there now should be a 4th to join that gravy train.

The players have no relationship with him. Who's fault is that? Well some would say the players but Hasenhuttl is not respected and not liked. They think he is arrogant and without Rohl there is no relationship or proper communication.

And there is no point slagging Gao, although he deserves it. He aint going nowhere.

The common denominator in all of this is the players. They believe they are better than they are. Puel was never given a proper chance and considering the majority of the team he took to 8th shows how well he did, and also why he played so defensively as they are dire

I think you need to look at the entire playing staff - they need to be sacked, all of them. Then let a manager build a team with actual footballers in it.

The common denominator in all of this is the players. They believe they are better than they are. Puel was never given a proper chance and considering the majority of the team he took to 8th shows how well he did, and also why he played so defensively as they are dire

And a final.

Problem is Duncan is that our useless c*nty players don’t seem to like any manager they have. We have the same players who think they’re better than they are who are still here 3 managers later and we are in the same position where it seems to be everyone else’s fault but their own!

There is only so much that can be done from swapping managers again and again and again where the problems are deeper lying - I don’t give a shiny sh*t what those disgraceful excuses for players think. As echoed by others on other threads they’re horrible and spineless. F*ck them.

And a final.
the last really scintillating football I recall was under him. The final was superb, forget not the Liverpool semi home and away where we destroyed them at SMS plus WHU away etc etc. He didn't have a transfer window to improve the team, look at who Leicester bought under him

I think you need to look at the entire playing staff - they need to be sacked, all of them. Then let a manager build a team with actual footballers in it.

jump across to the contracts thread. Boy is it depressing reading. Not a single player that you think, ****, not long before he's out of contract, hope we can tie him down for longer...plenty that we are stuck with for years to come though.

jump across to the contracts thread. Boy is it depressing reading. Not a single player that you think, ****, not long before he's out of contract, hope we can tie him down for longer...plenty that we are stuck with for years to come though.

On the glass half full side not long before we're shot of Shane Long and Cedric

No, I never, he showed his pedigree at Liverpool. The point is, it's easy to get results in Scotland with the top two teams. Lennon would struggle greatly in the premier league with our **** show of a squad.

He's doing way better with Saints players than any Saints manager since Koeman, and look at the Europe performances.

Our **** poor home form started on Puel's watch.

On the glass half full side not long before we're shot of Shane Long and Cedric

yeah, but we will replace them with worse. With the side being so **** at passing and controlling the football, maybe we need a bit of Long, then we can smash it down the channels, turn teams around and at least gt the ball in their final third. Jesus, thats how bad it has got. I am calling for long ball and Long. Kill me now.

He's doing way better with Saints players than any Saints manager since Koeman, and look at the Europe performances.
Mate, if you were the manager of Celtic or Rangers i would expect you to get them into Europe, really i would. If they win something in Europe maybe I'll change my mind, but the Scottish league is a lot easier to play in than the premier league.

yeah, but we will replace them with worse. With the side being so **** at passing and controlling the football, maybe we need a bit of Long, then we can smash it down the channels, turn teams around and at least gt the ball in their final third. Jesus, thats how bad it has got. I am calling for long ball and Long. Kill me now.

Them being out of contract makes a proper championship clearout easier in my eyes in the summer as long as we don't spunk more money away in Jan.

If we are going over the top i'd prefer giving the games to Obafemi rather than thinking a one minute cameo is any use to him.

Our Manager is a fraud ever since Rohl left he has been found out...Not rocket science is it? Tactically hasn't got a clue. If he walks in the next few days so be it personally I've seen enough of him relying on the same average favourite players and playing other's out of postion.... Hate on me all you want I'm telling you the man is clueless....

Our **** poor home form started after we sold Pelle, Mane and VW without properly replacing them.

Of course but appointing Puel when Koeman left was a massive ****ing downgrade as well.

The fact that the club put out positive PR spins because Koeman didnt play the youth players was hilarious. None of them were good enough.

I like Ralph. I prefer him to Hughes, Pellegrino, and arguably even Puel, but I think we are relegated if he stays. Not all his fault, but in order for him to make his mark on the club, it is obvious he is going to persist in playing players out of position.

So, I think we have a choice, back Ralph for the long term, or sack him off and try to stay up/

For me, I cannot believe he wants to be here for the next 15 years, so I would sack him off......

Obviously rubbish but its very clear to me that on the pitch the biggest problem by a million miles is our CBs.

They are all crap and all dreadful on the ball.

I felt for the attackers because the defence just doesn't give us a foothold in any game at the moment.

Failure to sign a proper CB in the summer will relegate us.

Stephens was just about the only non-attacker who tried to play a ball to the front. The midfield were a waste of space. Romeu (I like the guy) passed more to the opposition than to our own team.

Many of this team should have been taken out of the first team squad after the shambles that was Leicester, yet they remain here and continue to stink up the place.

Bin the lot.

Stephens was just about the only non-attacker who tried to play a ball to the front. The midfield were a waste of space. Romeu (I like the guy) passed more to the opposition than to our own team.

Many of this team should have been taken out of the first team squad after the shambles that was Leicester, yet they remain here and continue to stink up the place.

Bin the lot.

It’s true.

Redmond was our best player last season. Would have been a bit part player 5 years ago.

Romeu was a regular on the bench and he is a half decent player

All of this is utterly self inflicted

On the game. Thought ings, Stephens and Boufal were decent

Boufal should never have been dropped the other week and will no doubt be placed back on the bench