Backroom staff changes last summer

stevy777_x

When last season ended, Ralph had indicated he wanted to make some major changes to the backroom staff in the summer and that those changes would be announced through the course of the summer.

I was therefore surprised only a new goalkeeper coach came in and a new role was given to Watson.

Davis and Fleming were confirmed in their roles. And Rohl later departed.

Was Ralph underminded by Wilson and the Saints board?

Are the board now realising that keeping the staff was a mistake which means that they are now open to what Ralph initially wanted?

Can any ITK shed any light on this???

Can someone do a breakdown of the backroom staff/board members that have left and joined over the past two years?

It feels like Wilson, Ralph, Les, Rohl, now Jahidi seem to leave without replacement. We must be wafer thin atm.

I've heard the club are setting themselves up for the Championship which could explain why we are either not replacing key roles or are finding it hard to attract people....and why there's a complete absence of ambition or communication.

Prob part of Gao's plan to turn SMS into a wharf or a leisure/retail zone.

We'll be ground sharing with Eastleigh before you know it.

I've heard the club are setting themselves up for the Championship which could explain why we are either not replacing key roles or are finding it hard to attract people....and why there's a complete absence of ambition or communication.

Would not surprise me if there was something in that...perhaps strip the parachute money and invoke relegation release clauses in player contracts. Then rebuild. Crazy but who knows, it makes as much sense as any other suggested strategy!

Must be something seriously wrong at the club with so many jumping ship.

Is there actually anyone with any football nouse left above Ralph?

NO

Our MD used to be finance director at an aviation company

Our CEO used to run a marketing agency I think

Our director of legal and risk used to work for Toyota

Then you’ve got Goas daughter

This perhaps explains why we are champions league when it comes to midweek social media tweets but utterly shambolic at anything to do with football. In what world do you have a board of directors where not one of them comes from the industry? I’m sure they are decent people but it’s an Absolute joke.

NO

Our MD used to be finance director at an aviation company

Our CEO used to run a marketing agency I think

Our director of legal and risk used to work for Toyota

Then you’ve got Goas daughter

This perhaps explains why we are champions league when it comes to midweek social media tweets but utterly shambolic at anything to do with football. In what world do you have a board of directors where not one of them comes from the industry? I’m sure they are decent people but it’s an Absolute joke.

Oh and our commercial director used to work for virgin holidays.

It's a real measure of how much fabulous real estate development there has been across the City of Southampton that the only option for a developer looking to build a new retail/leisure wharf is to bulldoze the Premier League football stadium and build over it.

Such a pity there are no other sites anywhere that could be built on.

Can someone do a breakdown of the backroom staff/board members that have left and joined over the past two years?

It feels like Wilson, Ralph, Les, Rohl, now Jahidi seem to leave without replacement. We must be wafer thin atm.

A couple of analysts have also left over the last six months.

You get the impression that a few young Business Studies graduates have been recruited instead. Hence all the new PR initiatives, which are p!ssing off fans. Somebody in the club must have had the idea that this was the way to both save and make more money.