Run up to Transfer Window

Killers Knee

I would hope to see the line-up as below in the run-up to the transfer window, with those players not named, informed they are surplus to requirements.

------------ McCarthy

Cedric—Danso--Bednarek—Bertrand

-----Romeu-------Stephens

Boufal------Hojberg------Djenepo

---------------Ings

Bench:

Gunn

Yoshida

Valery

PEH

Armstrong

Redmond

Adams

It's time to quit fecking about with formation and selection, cut this squad back to the bone and only add players that can walk into the starting lineup directly after landing at the airport, if they need weeks of coaching, they are simply not good enough.

I think we are missing Adams. He wasn’t scoring but he was getting chances and we were much better at keeping the ball in the opposition half.

Play Ings begins Adams with two of Djenepo, Boufal and Redmond (I’d go for the former two at the moment).

The fact a lot of people (rightly or wrongly) want Stephens in as a def mid speaks volumes about how poor we have been in that area. Personally I don’t see that working but do think we need to play a settled back line and keep with it - half our problem is the constant chopping and changing of personnel and tactics. I’d go McCarthy, Cedric, Bednerak, Yoshida, Bertrand - Rom and Hoijberg def mid, Djenepo/Armstrong/Redmond att mid and Ings upfront with Adams, Valery, Danso, Boufal, Gunn, Jwp and slattery pushing for places. All that said I’m unconvinced they could stay up but think it’s our best shot - need a new centre back leader Jan which is not going to be easy.

The fact a lot of people (rightly or wrongly) want Stephens in as a def mid speaks volumes about how poor we have been in that area. Personally I don’t see that working but do think we need to play a settled back line and keep with it - half our problem is the constant chopping and changing of personnel and tactics. I’d go McCarthy, Cedric, Bednerak, Yoshida, Bertrand - Rom and Hoijberg def mid, Djenepo/Armstrong/Redmond att mid and Ings upfront with Adams, Valery, Danso, Boufal, Gunn, Jwp and slattery pushing for places. All that said I’m unconvinced they could stay up but think it’s our best shot - need a new centre back leader Jan which is not going to be easy.

The problem at DM is a lack of recovery ability and mobility. Oppo frequently get goal side in numbers. Not sure Stephens adds much in those areas. If we want to try someone there then Danso would make more sense but whether he’s good enough on the ball - who knows. I’d sooner have Harrison Reed then either of those.

I would go with this. We would have to keep 6 behind the ball at all times due to our inability to defend.

Leave Djenepo Boufal and Ings to attack250f0f25f012d752296c680b303e4053.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

JWP is not, never has been and never will be any good as a central midfielder, opponents stroll past him like he’s not there, which he shouldn’t be. No further proof is needed after Saturday surely?

The idea of Stephens as a holding midfield player might work.

I would go with this. We would have to keep 6 behind the ball at all times due to our inability to defend.

Leave Djenepo Boufal and Ings to attack250f0f25f012d752296c680b303e4053.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I look at that line up and it just sums up how ****e our squad is.

I have a lot of time for Yoshida due to his long service but let's face it he should be our back up CB not a starter. Bednarek makes some good last ditch tackles but often he has to because he ****ed up his initial positioning and gets by passed easily.

Bertrand's best years are behind him and he has being going through the motions for a long time.

Cedric is a very average RB already dreaming about being elsewhere next season.

JWP and Stephens in midfield is horrible but Hoj isn't any better than JWP and Romeu is the best of the bunch but horribly immobile.

Ings is ok but considering how ****e our other strikers are he hardly has competition for his place.

Armstrong might do ok in that position but really hasn't shown much to suggest he is any more than squad player.

Redmond and Boufal flatter to deceive and I'm still waiting for them to really take games by the scruff of the neck and become a real threat.

Djenpo it's early days but he looks at least half decent and a threat

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

When we're at home against teams we should be getting a win...one of the issues is that our best 4 players all basically play in the same position, Ings, Redmond, Djenepo, Boufal, then you have Adams too who probably deserves a chance.

--------------------McCarthy

Valery---Bednarek-------Yoshida---Bertrand

------------Romeu--------Hojbjerg

-Redmond/Boufal-----------Djenepo/Redmond

-------------Ings--------Adams

Cedric---Bednarek-------Yoshida---Bertrand

-Valery-----------Boufal

I would rather not play Cedric or Bertrand, both want out, but we currently don't have anyone else. Valery is better going forward, so would play him further up the pitch.

Djenepo is better as impact sub to conserve his energy, coming on without specific position, just with instruction to "do something special".

Redmond was a passenger on Saturday, and we need to play Adams until he gets the target, and surely that is soon.

Most of all, in January, for me (IMHO) we need a midfield general to (1) captain/lead the team, (2) energise all around him, and (3) play box to box as playmaker - cos it was obvious on Saturday the current incumbents don't know how to make a play.

Cedric---Bednarek-------Yoshida---Bertrand

-Valery-----------Boufal

I would rather not play Cedric or Bertrand, both want out, but we currently don't have anyone else. Valery is better going forward, so would play him further up the pitch.

Djenepo is better as impact sub to conserve his energy, coming on without specific position, just with instruction to "do something special".

Redmond was a passenger on Saturday, and we need to play Adams until he gets the target, and surely that is soon.

Most of all, in January, for me (IMHO) we need a midfield general to (1) captain/lead the team, (2) energise all around him, and (3) play box to box as playmaker - cos it was obvious on Saturday the current incumbents don't know how to make a play.

Swap Djenepo for Valary and Slattery for PEH, that would be mine.

I don't know if Slattery is any good but just in hope that he isn't allergic to passing the ball forward like JWP, Romeu and PEH.

Swap Djenepo for Valary and Slattery for PEH, that would be mine.

I don't know if Slattery is any good but just in hope that he isn't allergic to passing the ball forward like JWP, Romeu and PEH.

Djenepo is our most exciting player, but I would hold him back and unleash him for final 20 mins of games. He was ineffective on Saturday, playing a defined role. Play Boufal from the off, and season with a dash of Djenepo in the second half.

Djenepo is our most exciting player, but I would hold him back and unleash him for final 20 mins of games. He was ineffective on Saturday, playing a defined role. Play Boufal from the off, and season with a dash of Djenepo in the second half.

He was woefully out of position for the 2nd goal ...........because now heres the ****ing thing...hes no left back or indeed a defender.who in the first place shouldnt have been on the pitch playing that position.

He was woefully out of position for the 2nd goal ...........because now heres the ****ing thing...hes no left back or indeed a defender.who in the first place shouldnt have been on the pitch playing that position.
He wasn't playing LB though he was playing LWB a subtle difference and to be fair he looked far better going forward than Cedric in that postion. For their second he was out of position mostly because he was blowing out his arse and looked knackered.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Romeu has put in decent performances - Stephens is in no way suited to the role IMHO