Have any of you major poster ever met up.?

Roo1976

As the title suggests have any of you major posters ever met up with each other?....would be interesting to know if you have and how did you find each others company?

Theres an awfull lot of strong personalites on here that seem obsessed with only thier opinion as the one that really matters, just wondering how face to face meetings would go?.

I've met a few people from here and generally found them quiet agreeable in real life. Even the people I thought were idiots on t'internet.

I think the anonymity of a forum tends to dehumanise people's attitudes towards each other and make them say things their social filter would usually block out in a face to face scenario. Plus a lot of what is written down loses it's nuance and may come across badly.

Edited by Lighthouse

I meet up regularly for a scone with Unbelievably Jeff. We mainly talk about Teslas.

I was in Maidstone once and there was an older fella walking round the pub we were in starting arguments with everyone about the most tedious of things wearing a “as bad as Basra” t-shirt. It reminded me of someone on here.

Years ago I met a guy off Saintsweb. We shared lifts to a few away games and then over time lost contact.

A couple of years later I had an email from him which was meant for his girlfriend. Obviously I read it.

It started off innocently enough, he was apologising for a argument he'd caused, saying how much of an idiit he'd been. It then took a rather dark turn, describing in some detail how he wanted her to tie him up and abuse him.

Seemingly he liked being punished, so at the moment he's probably quite enjoying being a Saints fan.

Years ago I met a guy off Saintsweb. We shared lifts to a few away games and then over time lost contact.

A couple of years later I had an email from him which was meant for his girlfriend. Obviously I read it.

It started off innocently enough, he was apologising for a argument he'd caused, saying how much of an idiit he'd been. It then took a rather dark turn, describing in some detail how he wanted her to tie him up and abuse him.

Seemingly he liked being punished, so at the moment he's probably quite enjoying being a Saints fan.

Sounds like a real ‘mistake’

Did he say ‘pony’ and ‘pinko’ a lot?

I was in Maidstone once and there was an older fella walking round the pub we were in starting arguments with everyone about the most tedious of things wearing a “as bad as Basra” t-shirt. It reminded me of someone on here.

Did he have a halo?

In real life most people are a lot nicer and a lot less aggressive and reactionary than they like to present themselves on social media. Social media tends to bring out the worst in us owing to its anonymity. Why people use social media to create false images of themselves I have no idea. The happiest people in life are always those who see themselves as others see them. Meeting up with fellow contributors on here runs the risk of disappointment but it isn't that difficult to find fellow travellers.

I saw you once leaving St Mary's after a match, ar least I saw a young/middle aged dark haired guy wearing a Saints shirt with Turkish emblazoned on the back. Was that you? If so should be easy to spot you. I don't think we should all start wearing green spotted handkerchiefs in breast pockets 'though.

Was he wearing Lonsdale trainers, badly fitting stress look jeans, a grey hoodie under the shirt and didn’t look he’d washed for a week? if so, yes, that’s me.

Should we try and do a forum meet up pre-match one day? Or would that be taking things a little far?

That would be class. We could reminisce about great threads of the past, all the good posters who don’t bother any more and you can see why. We could all wear saints shirts with our login names on the back so we could all recognise each other. I couldn’t think of anything I’d rather do pre-Match than meet up with you lot.

That would be class. We could reminisce about great threads of the past, all the good posters who don’t bother any more and you can see why. We could all wear saints shirts with our login names on the back so we could all recognise each other. I couldn’t think of anything I’d rather do pre-Match than meet up with you lot.

Tbf, I'd meet with you definitely... but there's definitely fewer of the better ones around now.

I'd want to meet CB Fry.

I've actually met Turkish. Good bloke.

Tbf, I'd meet with you definitely... but there's definitely fewer of the better ones around now.

I'd want to meet CB Fry.

I think we share quite a few mutual acquaintances in real life so not beyond the realms of possibility it’s already happened or at least been in the same place at the same time.

Some 20 years ago I meet a few posters from another forum a few times some of whom also eventually migrated here I think. They were all very pleasant.

Yeah, we first met around 1998 ... think it was the pub on Northlands Road, or maybe the one next to the Mayflower. With Jon Stallard and Malc etc. This forum sh*t doesn't work for me now, it's all too emotive and people read things how they want to read things, which is usually angry, but I know you're a decent bloke.

Yeah, we first met around 1998 ... think it was the pub on Northlands Road, or maybe the one next to the Mayflower. With Jon Stallard and Malc etc. This forum sh*t doesn't work for me now, it's all too emotive and people read things how they want to read things, which is usually angry, but I know you're a decent bloke.

Where does the time go? I can’t remember the pub. Was that when David Bull brought Ted Bates along? We had a few good get together as a group didn’t we. You are right. Too much anger around these days.

Under a different username I met a few on here around 2003 to 2005. Most were decent and had some good nights out and even an away day to Blackburn.

So to the Saintsforever Fireman... Crab Lungs, Colin_T, Squibby, SaintTim I salute you. And to the biggest legend I met through here Griffith500 (Griff) RIP

Where does the time go? I can’t remember the pub. Was that when David Bull brought Ted Bates along? We had a few good get together as a group didn’t we. You are right. Too much anger around these days.

That was the first event, yes - was a good day out with some actual legends!

Last person I "met" from here was The Cat, stood next to him at Leicester away a few years ago.

Last person I "met" from here was The Cat, stood next to him at Leicester away a few years ago.

“The cat” is vaguely tolerable. I walked back to station with him after another loss at Burnley a few years ago

I met baldbarbarian in Amsterdam before vitesse Arnhem he was a great lad

You’re obviously a proper helmet.

That was the night I met Rupert Lowe. I was standing by the door when he walked in and he said “good result today wasn’t it.” I didn’t realise who he was a just said “yeah” and he walked off. It was only later I realised that I had just met the most hated man in Hampshire. Apart from that it was a great evening. I even got to chat to the great Jim Steele.

That was the night I met Rupert Lowe. I was standing by the door when he walked in and he said “good result today wasn’t it.” I didn’t realise who he was a just said “yeah” and he walked off. It was only later I realised that I had just met the most hated man in Hampshire. Apart from that it was a great evening. I even got to chat to the great Jim Steele.

I didn't see Lowe!! Damn.