Have any of you major poster ever met up.?

Roo1976

Changing the subject a little ... has something happened to View from the top? I used to enjoy his posts but he doesn't seem to have posted for some time. He previously mentioned a cancer issue .

Hope he is ok. We need all the supporters we can get.

He’s fine. Got the all clear on cancer a few years ago and now spends most of his time in Lycra somewhere in the midlands.

They were fantastic, 28_F.

interesting Turkish knows me, and I know him. Or something. Racking my brains...

I don’t think we actually know each other but ages ago someone told me your Real name (which I’ve forgotten) and we knew quite a few of the same people in real life.

I've met a few in passing but none to remember now. Usually as a result of being with random Saints in a train/pub, getting chatting and then being asked where I live.

The answer "Shropshire" usually provokes the question *Why the f*** do you do 400 mile round trips for home games" and then occasionally "You're not Shroppie, are you?" (I usually deny it [emoji6])

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Wes Tender, Lord Duckhunter, Guided Missile and I meet up before most home games. We basically brainstorm, script and rehearse what they are going to post on the Brexit thread in the coming week to make the leave side look as stupid as possible. Undercover remainers, first-class satirists and above all a cracking bunch of lads in real life.

Edited by shurlock

Wes Tender, Lord Duckhunter, Guided Missile and I meet up before most home games. We basically brainstorm, script and rehearse what they are going to post on the Brexit thread in the coming week to make the leave side look as stupid as possible. Undercover remainers, first-class satirists and above all a cracking bunch of lads in real life.
Guessed as much.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

At the Uni, i remember Nick Illingsworth behind the bar and everyone being nice to him despite him routinely getting slagged off because of some SISA? ********?

Probably because Nick was the sane one from SISA. No one really ever held a grudge against him, it was some of the other more militant members that ended up pis sing people off.

That would be class. We could reminisce about great threads of the past, all the good posters who don’t bother any more and you can see why. We could all wear saints shirts with our login names on the back so we could all recognise each other. I couldn’t think of anything I’d rather do pre-Match than meet up with you lot.

It's strange that you mention the shirts with the log in name on because when I went to the semi final we parked at Harrow FC and when we had a drink in their club house there was a bloke in a Saints shirt with 'Turkish's Dad' written on the back.

I discovered that one of the other posters on here was my brother, and neither of us knew the other was on the forum.

Lol that's brilliant.

As another post previously mentioned, a few of us used to get together on a Sunday evening at Flemming Park and have a game. Sometimes it'd be as little as 3-a-side and other times (mostly in the summer) it could get mental like 15-a-side. This went on for a good few years, I think I was about 14-15 when I started going and it went on until I was about 17-18 I think.

It was a really great activity every week, I'm autistic and didn't have many friends at school due to not recognising social protocols (yeah I'm playing the a-card) but everyone who went to this was nothing but lovely. I've still got a few of them on Facebook. No matter what your footballing ability was, everyone just enjoyed getting together and playing football, chatting about Saints (less enjoyable most of the time) and I think we even went for a drink after once or twice.

I used to really enjoy that. Sadly enough, it was probably the highlight of my week lol!

Lol that's brilliant.

As another post previously mentioned, a few of us used to get together on a Sunday evening at Flemming Park and have a game. Sometimes it'd be as little as 3-a-side and other times (mostly in the summer) it could get mental like 15-a-side. This went on for a good few years, I think I was about 14-15 when I started going and it went on until I was about 17-18 I think.

It was a really great activity every week, I'm autistic and didn't have many friends at school due to not recognising social protocols (yeah I'm playing the a-card) but everyone who went to this was nothing but lovely. I've still got a few of them on Facebook. No matter what your footballing ability was, everyone just enjoyed getting together and playing football, chatting about Saints (less enjoyable most of the time) and I think we even went for a drink after once or twice.

I used to really enjoy that. Sadly enough, it was probably the highlight of my week lol!

Great story mate. My son, Saints mad, now 16 is autistic and his having the same school experiences as you did (he even had to change schools). He can get quite depressed about it as unlike a lot of ASD kids, he actually craves sociability rather than be a loner. i keep saying that it will get better and I know it will but i think he does not believe me. Not sure how old you are now and whether you went to college etc? Did it get better for you?

This is probably more appropriate on a pm perhaps if you want to share any experience. thanks

Great story mate. My son, Saints mad, now 16 is autistic and his having the same school experiences as you did (he even had to change schools). He can get quite depressed about it as unlike a lot of ASD kids, he actually craves sociability rather than be a loner. i keep saying that it will get better and I know it will but i think he does not believe me. Not sure how old you are now and whether you went to college etc? Did it get better for you?

This is probably more appropriate on a pm perhaps if you want to share any experience. thanks

I was very much the same. I craved social activity.

No longer a "full member" so don't think I can PM however if you'd like to add me on Facebook, my name is Matt Hill and my profile picture is my ugly mug, cheering one of our goals against them down the road with "One team in Hampshire" on.

I'd be more than happy to talk to you and/or your son. I'm now 28 so I was in his situation quite some time ago but not so long ago that I've forgotten.

Feel free to add me for a chat. I'd be honoured to help you both in any way I can!

(I know you aren't supposed to announce contact details on here so if Mods wanna delete this and PM it to you, that's fine by me).

When I managed a couple of the forum games at SMS I met lots from here and without exception all were fantastic lads. Even Dubai Phil lol. Sadly a lot of them don’t post anymore. Brilliant couple of evenings

Did Dubai Phil bore you with his golf and drinking stories? He lives in Poland now I am told.