Adam Leitch leaving the Echo after 17.5 years...

SuperSAINT

Loss to local coverage of the club, and thats a shame for fans. Solent aside there isn't really anyone who follows Saints specifically that has a good insight into what happens at the club and watches all our matches and has the ability to hold the club to account on certain things.

Local journalism as a whole is dying which is a shame.

Definitely a loss to TSP as well. Adam's insight will be very hard to replace.

Probably the last of a long line of good solid Echo reporters who have written about Saints from AE Rawlings before the war, Brian Haywood during the 60s and 70s, Bob Brunskell, Graham Hiley, John May and one or two others I have probably forgotten. The Echo is but a shell now, a massive shame as we need local journalism to question our politicians and our football clubs and keep an eye on things. Sadly Saints are now allowed to spread their own spin with no opposition to the propaganda. Adam Blackmore does his best but he can't bite the hands that feeds him.

Probably the last of a long line of good solid Echo reporters who have written about Saints from AE Rawlings before the war, Brian Haywood during the 60s and 70s, Bob Brunskell, Graham Hiley, John May and one or two others I have probably forgotten. The Echo is but a shell now, a massive shame as we need local journalism to question our politicians and our football clubs and keep an eye on things. Sadly Saints are now allowed to spread their own spin with no opposition to the propaganda. Adam Blackmore does his best but he can't bite the hands that feeds him.

Peter East. I found him really good. Cut his teeth on local football.

People come, people go, that's how it works. There'll be another lad with stars in his eyes after the job soon

Of course, but people come and go much quicker at local papers these days. I was one of them. There are still great people there, and there will be more in the future, but losing someone as experienced as Adam is a big blow.

Good luck to him, he did a good job. I wish he and the Echo could have been a bit more critical of the club when criticism was needed, but I guess when they rely so much on the goodwill of players, managers and chairmen you can't be too honest.

Of course, but people come and go much quicker at local papers these days. I was one of them. There are still great people there, and there will be more in the future, but losing someone as experienced as Adam is a big blow.

I know and i worked with you and the turnover of staff and very experienced pros leaving the Echo is a big loss not just to Saints but to local spot in general. They will only have two people manning all of sports now which is a sad state of affairs. But this is what happens when online takes over and the Daily Echo website didn't know how to make a solid revenue.

Adam was an old school journalist who was a solid writer and not scared to criticise the club when needed.

He isn’t daft, he’s going before the paper dies. I think newspapers are on life support, especially one like the Echo. Anyone remember the Thursday edition, page after page of news and jobs. Buy next Thursday Echo and see what I mean.