Holloway Road Underground Station

Noodles34

Am i right in thinking that they close this for match days at The Emirates?

I need to be back at Waterloo for 17-30, any Londoners suggest the best way of doing that please?

Going to have to leave the game early perhaps, which may not be a bad thing but wanted to avoid Arsenal tube as everyone goes that way, don'y they?

Thanks in advance.

We close it during the busy periods before and after games, but it’s open during them, so you might get lucky. If not you can always walk about 10 minutes to Highbury and Islington for the Victoria Line (changing at Green Park for Jubilee) or walk about 20 minutes to Tufnell Park which is a straight shot to Waterloo on the Northern Line.

We close it during the busy periods before and after games, but it’s open during them, so you might get lucky. If not you can always walk about 10 minutes to Highbury and Islington for the Victoria Line (changing at Green Park for Jubilee) or walk about 20 minutes to Tufnell Park which is a straight shot to Waterloo on the Northern Line.

ok, many thanks, that seems straightforward

is Caledonian Road open, as far as Highbury by the looks of it but better if checking on Holloway road first?

is Caledonian Road open, as far as Highbury by the looks of it but better if checking on Holloway road first?

Only Holloway Road shuts before and after games (or is exit only), unless there is overcrowding at the others, so Arsenal and Cally Road should be open.

Useful information. I have to be at Euston for 17:30. Any advice you could give me about tim3 to leave the ground, which underground station best and time to get there would be much appreciated. I have a feeling it’ll be a miserable day as it is without missing a train back up north!!

Useful information. I have to be at Euston for 17:30. Any advice you could give me about tim3 to leave the ground, which underground station best and time to get there would be much appreciated. I have a feeling it’ll be a miserable day as it is without missing a train back up north!!

Highbury Islington then - Victoria line to Euston (two stops).

EDIT: I wouldn’t mess around and would probably leave at 4.45 just to be safe. It’s about 1 kilometre walk (10-15mins) from the Emirates to Highbury Islington (south down Holloway Road). Then it’s about 5mins by tube from Highbury Islington to Euston (the Victoria line is by far the best line on the tube) and Euston station is tiny and easy to navigate. The hardest part is getting from the stadium back onto Holloway Road - after that it’s a piece of pîss.

Edited by shurlock

Thanks Sherlock. I see the route and it’s a 15 minute walk.

Any knowledge on how busy it gets? Looking to gauge when to leave. Of course if we do a ‘Leicester’ then it won’t be an issue! :)

It gets pretty busy on Holloway Road as it is the major road in the area. The tube is manageable as the Victoria line is very efficient. I’d leave around 85mins if we’re no longer in the game. You could probably leave a bit later as long as it’s before the Arsenal fans. The away end is on the side of the ground closest to Holloway Road, so that will give you a head start.

It gets pretty busy on Holloway Road as it is the major road in the area. The tube is manageable as the Victoria line is very efficient. I’d leave around 85mins if we’re no longer in the game. You could probably leave a bit later as long as it’s before the Arsenal fans. The away end is on the side of the ground closest to Holloway Road, so that will give you a head start.

Thank you Sir. I dedicate my last post of the day to you!