Saints Vs Watford

Bad Wolf

Are we the worst team in Premier league history? Quite possibly. Is it worth watching the second half? I think we all know how it ends

If we don't win, officially yes. No team in the history of top flight football (all 130 years plus) has failed to win any of their opening 7 fixtures. Another record about to be broken.

There are only a handful of players that look like they care most games (not judging on talent as that is how poor we are). Ings, JWP, maybe Redmond, maybe romeu. No opinion on Obafemi who is just out of his depth. Rest go through games drifting with the occasional good performance

Sent from my CPH1835 using Tapatalk

I still don’t blame Ralph. The players are simply not good enough.

Likewise. He's made some fairly questionable decisions this year, but this team is bottom 6 *whoever* the manager is, and will eventually have a bottom 3 season. Almost every position on the pitch is lacking in some capacity...there aren't many strong points on an individual level - most of these players would probably get by in a Prem squad if there were 3/4 quality players to base them around, but there simply aren't anymore.

If he can't motivate these players how is he going to motivate the players that don't jump ship in the championship?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

He's got a track record of getting hard working professionals to play way above their station.

There's maybe 2 or 3 players in this squad I would describe as hard working professionals.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

I can’t get overly emotional about them tbh. If they aren’t good enough, they aren’t good enough. Watford are poor but still a PL side, this Saints side have dodged a bullet the last two years and would be in the bottom three of the Champ as well. When you are effectively a lower league side, you have to put in a cup final level of effort to compete or cause a huge upset like they nearly did last week every week and they can’t do that.

How many consistently PL standard players has SFC got? Ings is the only one really, Boufal, Romeu and Redmond on their days. PEH solid Championship, JWP do a job at that level mid table for say Bristol City. Berty lost his appetite for the game as has Cedric. Vesty Champ/L1, Stephens L1, Long Champ, Obafemi National League, seriously, Gary Johnson has better loan players at Torquay from Bristol City. He is no better than Tyreke Johnson on loan at Woking.

I’d like to at least see some hard work second half and try and cause a shock against higher level opposition. At least work for the shirt swapping at the end which seems to be the highlight.

The club just needs to do what it’s going to do if Gao doesn’t sell up and see if we still have a club left at the end of it. What happens inbetween is irrelevant really.

I know we’re **** and going down but that’s a load of ********.

Given that the Saints defence is so shaky, slow and prone to errors why on earth do they receive so many passes back from the midfield?

Djenepo seems to have a look around him and has decided that he'll have to try and do the job on his own. At least have a go at them.

Sherwood and Curbishly ripping us a new one on DAZN.

“At home vs bottom team and they just lump hopeful balls forward? Not good enough!”.

“Need to be brave, grab game by scruff of the neck”.

They’re totally right.

Absolute bottlejobs. Horrible team, full of vacuous virtue signalling empty platitudes but no substance.

I don't see how you can not blame Ralph, at least to some extent. If you blamed Puel, Pelligino, and Hughes, then why would Ralph get a pass.

Frankly I'm starting to see the smarts is Puel anyway. He played a style that they thought we could win with (given our players), even if it was crap. Better than forcing a style we have not hope of doing.

It makes no difference how long there is to go in the season. This has been the same since the season started, absolutely dire.

There is nothing that can happen to change things around now. If the players aren't showing fight, passion and an understanding of where they are by now then there is nothing that can make these players and this team avoid relegation.

They will still get paid.

Those people saying we shouldn't judge until we've played everyone once, not to panic until February or March, when exactly will it sink in that this team is shockingly bad and are incapable of turning things around.

I thought Ralph may be able to do something but now, no.

It doesn't make a difference if we win this match, the evidence is there before everyone to see.

It's as bad as it can get.

I don't care if we get picked off on the break by piling forward - what annoys me most is the spineless tossers can't even be positive on the ball and give the strikers some service. We just go sideways and backwards the whole time. The big problem is that Deulofeu has not started playing yet, once we do, we are in big trouble. 0-3 at the end.

The players just don't look that bothered really, sauntering off at half-time.

They just aren’t good enough to compete at this level and they know it. Ings is the only one really who is. I think they might just about survive in the Champ if they worked hard with a cup final mentality but they are realistically top six League One on stupid wages because of that old fool. I agree the work rate isn’t good enough though, and if they try and play open football even against Norwich it’ll be heavy defeat. I don’t like playing direct but it’s the only way with this team. They can’t pass water.

The players just don't look that bothered really, sauntering off at half-time.

They just aren’t good enough to compete at this level and they know it. If they came up against our L1 and Champ promotion sides it would be Leicester all over again. Ings is the only one really who is. I think they might just about survive in the Champ if they worked hard with a cup final mentality but they are realistically top six League One on stupid wages because of that old fool. I agree the work rate isn’t good enough though, and if they try and play open football even against Norwich it’ll be heavy defeat. I don’t like playing direct but it’s the only way with this team. They can’t pass water.

He's got a track record of getting hard working professionals to play way above their station.

There's maybe 2 or 3 players in this squad I would describe as hard working professionals.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Yup & he hasn't improved them either

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

I've stopped watching it here at work because a) my Sky Go stream is crap, b) Saints are crap and c) watching Saints is winding me up which is making me irritable when dealing with my customers.

Maybe that's the catalyst we need to win this and go on an unbeaten winning run. :p