Obafemi and Armstrong

benjii

Armstrong is a good player, as long as his role is to attack, not defend.

Not sure about Obafemi.

Obafemi looks a bit untidy sometimes but he was often chasing lost causes and battling to hold the ball up, which he generally did well.

But he also clearly has an eye for a pass, which created our second goal and was quite similar to the pass he played at Krap Nottarf for Ings to score.

Obafemi looks a bit untidy sometimes but he was often chasing lost causes and battling to hold the ball up, which he generally did well.

But he also clearly has an eye for a pass, which created our second goal and was quite similar to the pass he played at Krap Nottarf for Ings to score.

They both added something today, didn't they. Obafemi's pace does unsettle a defence - even if Arsenal were all over the place today. Like you say, he has an eye for a pass and showed some quick feet to create a shot on his left side - he's such a better option than Long these days. Armstrong's got that direct running style and he can harass and press high up the pitch. I prefer Boufal to Armstrong but both MO and SA showed up today. I think it showed Ralph he must persist with three attacking players to support Ings.

I thought Obafemi was really good yesterday, I only saw the second half mind. I thought he held the ball up, put in some lovely passes and just generally looked like a capable Premier League player.

I don't see how he can be blamed for his "miss" when Cedric smashed the ball towards him like a clearance despite only being a couple of metres away from him but some people just seem to think Cedric can do no wrong despite being terrible literally all the time.

I thought Obafemi was really good yesterday, I only saw the second half mind. I thought he held the ball up, put in some lovely passes and just generally looked like a capable Premier League player.

I don't see how he can be blamed for his "miss" when Cedric smashed the ball towards him like a clearance despite only being a couple of metres away from him but some people just seem to think Cedric can do no wrong despite being terrible literally all the time.

Absolutely. Cedric didn't look and I'm pretty sure he was shooting. Whether it was a cross or a pass, it was awful, either way. A simple chip or rolled pass and Obafemi couldn't miss.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Absolutely. Cedric didn't look and I'm pretty sure he was shooting. Whether it was a cross or a pass, it was awful, either way. A simple chip or rolled pass and Obafemi couldn't miss.

Their keep very nearly cut out Cedric’s pass so if it had been hit any weaker he would have intercepted it. The problem was that it reached Obafemi at chest height so he looked a bit bemused as to what he was supposed to do with it.

There were plenty of other very good chances to score.

Their keep very nearly cut out Cedric’s pass so if it had been hit any weaker he would have intercepted it. The problem was that it reached Obafemi at chest height so he looked a bit bemused as to what he was supposed to do with it.

A508F00B-99FF-4069-8C0C-EB641034CA83.jpg

No excuse at all. Just chop it along the turf with a bit of back spin. Complete incompetence and lack of intelligence to play it the way he did.

You can't have been there. Look at the photo. There was plenty of room for the pass. It didn't come to Obafemi at chest height. It flew past him well out of reach, at great velocity.

That picture makes you feel sick

It certainly did at the time. But it was before our second goal. If he had scored, the rest of the match would've been different, and there's no way of knowing if we'd got a third goal (butterfly effect, innit). It would be more sickening if it had happened after the penalty.