Saints v Denmark U23's

Marsdinho

Can anyone confirm if Saints have ever played Denmark U23's in a friendly. A mate of mine has a vague recollection that we did during the late 80's / early 90's (I cant remember results from 2 weeks ago, so I'm useless!)

He seems to think that it may have been part of the Danes preparation for the Olympics?

Can anyone confirm / got a any info? Cant find anything online.

Cheers

Can anyone confirm if Saints have ever played Denmark U23's in a friendly. A mate of mine has a vague recollection that we did during the late 80's / early 90's (I cant remember results from 2 weeks ago, so I'm useless!)

He seems to think that it may have been part of the Danes preparation for the Olympics?

Can anyone confirm / got a any info? Cant find anything online.

Cheers

We played the Danish Olympic team at home 8 March 1988 D 2-2 D Wallace2

We played the Danish Olympic team at home 8 March 1988 D 2-2 D Wallace2

Cheers for that, knew you would come good!

It does seem strange for a club side to be taking on an entire country!

Seem to remember South Korea also playing clubs sides in their build up to the 2002 World Cup.

Southampton FC reached its zenith in 1904 with the 6-1 victory over France and the first tour of South America by an English team, when we beat Argentina and Uruguay. Perhaps the long overseas tours were too much of a distraction as the club began to decline after that. If there had been a World Club Championship in those days, Saints would have been in it and probably would have won it.

Southampton FC reached its zenith in 1904 with the 6-1 victory over France and the first tour of South America by an English team, when we beat Argentina and Uruguay. Perhaps the long overseas tours were too much of a distraction as the club began to decline after that. If there had been a World Club Championship in those days, Saints would have been in it and probably would have won it.

Nah, we’d have sold CB Fry to Liverpool.

Nah, we’d have sold CB Fry to Liverpool.