The Committee has left the building

Noodles34

So, if I get this right? There was this committee of leave voting dinosaurs who had account on twitter that no one had ever heard of. Their collective IQ came up with targeting half and half scarf wearers (thats new!) replica shirt wearers and vloggers in some sort attempt to generate laughs...? But got scared as they started to believe their own rumour that OB were monitoring it...

They sound a riot!

:lol: In real life the number of people who regularly go to away games is small so people do 'know' each other. I have drank and chatted to a couple of the lads behind the Committee account and on their politics you could not be any further from the truth - one of them made Scargill sound sane. Spoke to one of them at Arsenal away and from the horses mouth they were being watched by the club from the beginning due to their suggestions of Sammy Saint's extracurricular activities :lol: As the OP says I was also told they disbanded as the Saints Voice Panel complained to the club about the account. I have also spoken to the lad behind the @saintsawaybloc1 account who had a meeting with the club to try and get them to support his ideas to improve the atmosphere at away games and he confirmed that the motioning of that account was discussed in his meeting.

As the OP says its the 'grassing' up and 'silencing of fans voices' that disturbs me especially by a so called Supporters Voice panel

Regarding your point about the OB and Twitter accounts sorry mate but that is a bit naive

This in the minutes of the last Saints Voice Panel meeting held on Monday 16th September 2019 (the minutes are publicly available via the clubs main website)

Dedicated Football Officer for Southampton - Do the panel have any questions?

Saints Voice – do you have people who monitor social media? There are a lot of groups attempting to stir

supporters up. On Twitter individual people hiding behind false names...

Dedicated Football Officerdiscussion around how police monitor social media and current supporters/groups using

platforms such as Twitter that are a cause for concern. Talked about the thresholds for prosecution.

Anyone on Twitter or here not using your real name better be careful as our own supporter panel will have you sent to the Fanzone 'Gulag' :scared:

Well Said. Think one of them might have been involved in creating this back in the day :suspicious:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EHF9Jo6X0AIk0_8?format=jpg&name=900x900

One of the low points in Southampton FC’s history.

To hope a man would die because he wasn’t very good at being a football manager is vile.

and then the originators claiming there was a hidden message of arrogance, how original.

a man that would play Paul Moody instead of Le God does not strike me as arrogant.

and then you bring it back to the forefront, beating the old guy that did over his head again, like he didn’t get enough grief in the first place.

It makes laugh when some say it was credited for staring the end of the road for Mr Branfoot

now that is arrogant, we all know it was down to a Red Perry and SISA, or SISU, can’t remember, I get confused in my old age.

One of the low points in Southampton FC’s history.

To hope a man would die because he wasn’t very good at being a football manager is vile.

and then the originators claiming there was a hidden message of arrogance, how original.

a man that would play Paul Moody instead of Le God does not strike me as arrogant.

and then you bring it back to the forefront, beating the old guy that did over his head again, like he didn’t get enough grief in the first place.

It makes laugh when some say it was credited for staring the end of the road for Mr Branfoot

now that is arrogant, we all know it was down to a Red Perry and SISA, or SISU, can’t remember, I get confused in my old age.

Thought it was that famous United fan Mr Chorley who was Branfoot's nemesis or was that more Lowe?

You still on for hosting the party we have planned for when Redknapp dies?

Wolfie is sorting out the strippers and I think my name is still down to bring the Co-op ice cream and jelly.

Thought it was that famous United fan Mr Chorley who was Branfoot's nemesis or was that more Lowe?

You still on for hosting the party we have planned for when Redknapp dies?

Wolfie is sorting out the strippers and I think my name is still down to bring the Co-op ice cream and jelly.

Apparently he a Stalwart Celtic Fan and in charge of the Green Brigade FFS

ELISYvFWwAEE3-L?format=jpg&name=large

Well that's discrimination for you! I wasn't issued with a gas mask or gun when I joined the group... :D

I'll be honest and say I most certainly don't consider Saints Voice as the sole means of fan communication with the club and nor would I want us to be. I'm sure most of the other members would feel likewise. I've loved the fact a group of fans have recently starting to raise the atmosphere in another part of the ground other than the Northam and long may that continue. The effort during the Leicester debacle was fabulous. In the past 2/3 seasons, St Mary's has been a like a morgue at times and a loud supportive atmosphere is something the players are crying out for in particular (hence asking for the loud music at the start of games in the absence of sufficient noise being generated by the crowd before kick-off).

The club see Saints Voice as a means of establishing a means of communication with the fans (it's something I believe they have to establish) and I joined up to not only give my thoughts and from those I know personally but I also outed myself on here for those who wanted me to say something on their behalf. Like many others on here, I date back to the days of fanzines at a time when "banter" was permitted to be a little nearer the knuckle (I still have a reasonable collection of those fanzines) and I tend to treat most stuff that falls short of outright racism or homophobia, for example, in the manner in which I feel it was intended. If you've got something you'd like me to say then, generally speaking, I'm happy to say it...

Well that's discrimination for you! I wasn't issued with a gas mask or gun when I joined the group... :D

I'll be honest and say I most certainly don't consider Saints Voice as the sole means of fan communication with the club and nor would I want us to be. I'm sure most of the other members would feel likewise. I've loved the fact a group of fans have recently starting to raise the atmosphere in another part of the ground other than the Northam and long may that continue. The effort during the Leicester debacle was fabulous. In the past 2/3 seasons, St Mary's has been a like a morgue at times and a loud supportive atmosphere is something the players are crying out for in particular (hence asking for the loud music at the start of games in the absence of sufficient noise being generated by the crowd before kick-off).

The club see Saints Voice as a means of establishing a means of communication with the fans (it's something I believe they have to establish) and I joined up to not only give my thoughts and from those I know personally but I also outed myself on here for those who wanted me to say something on their behalf. Like many others on here, I date back to the days of fanzines at a time when "banter" was permitted to be a little nearer the knuckle (I still have a reasonable collection of those fanzines) and I tend to treat most stuff that falls short of outright racism or homophobia, for example, in the manner in which I feel it was intended. If you've got something you'd like me to say then, generally speaking, I'm happy to say it...

Sorry, what? You're saying the terrible music is done at the request of the players because they don't like the crowd?

And you nod along to that? Tell them to go **** themselves

Sorry, what? You're saying the terrible music is done at the request of the players because they don't like the crowd?

And you nod along to that? Tell them to go **** themselves

I didn't say they don't like the crowd, I said they don't feel we generate enough noise at kick off to get themselves pumped up I don't know the players; I can't validate that other than passing on what we were told. What I do know is that, after 3 years of fairly turgid football, we aren't particularly noisy when the game kicks off.

However, personally speaking, I wouldn't be able to look at myself in the mirror if I was a pro footballer who was unable to get himself motivated at game time without the need for external factors (fans, music, whatever else) so it's fair to say they must take some responsibility to be ready to go when the whistle blows. It would be the dream job for most after all.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

I didn't say they don't like the crowd, I said they don't feel we generate enough noise at kick off to get themselves pumped up I don't know the players; I can't validate that other than passing on what we were told. What I do know is that, after 3 years of fairly turgid football, we aren't particularly noisy when the game kicks off.

However, personally speaking, I wouldn't be able to look at myself in the mirror if I was a pro footballer who was unable to get himself motivated at game time without the need for external factors (fans, music, whatever else) so it's fair to say they must take some responsibility to be ready to go when the whistle blows. It would be the dream job for most after all.

Are they not inspired by the wall of colour they see from all the replica shirts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

reasoned post mate.

like anything, if you collaborate with the establishment then you are considered to be the establishment. Even though you are trying to convey a representation of people’s opinions

the game had changed so much that many of us feel left behind, and I guess thinks like The Committee are just kicking back at the new football order that determine that we not say anything that might offend someone. We have to embrace everything including guys that want to be ladyboys, girls that want to be football pundits and those days and accept 18 year old been paid 60k per week to play football.

I think a lot of us really want to walk away from this brand of football but we just can’t because all our mates are still going. I’m not sure I go to the football for the football anymore and if it wasn’t for my son, too young to know any better and my mates, I definitely wouldn’t be going.

so I think the committee represents and anger from a generation that are feeling detached from the very game they grew up and loved.

soe if is great, some a bit irrelevant and perhaps some is misguided, but as someone who did one of the fanzines back in the day, I was well guilty of that myself on more than one occasion.

As for the saints voice, you have not addressed the claims that they have complained to the club about The Committee. There seem to be some certain individuals that are hell bent on not criticising anything the club does and asking for the Committee to be banned, or the individuals behind it.

is that true and if so, how can you continue in the capacity when some shirters just want everyone to be nice?

I think it's quite a telling revelation. Bunch of melts.

reasoned post mate.

like anything, if you collaborate with the establishment then you are considered to be the establishment. Even though you are trying to convey a representation of people’s opinions

the game had changed so much that many of us feel left behind, and I guess thinks like The Committee are just kicking back at the new football order that determine that we not say anything that might offend someone. We have to embrace everything including guys that want to be ladyboys, girls that want to be football pundits and those days and accept 18 year old been paid 60k per week to play football.

I think a lot of us really want to walk away from this brand of football but we just can’t because all our mates are still going. I’m not sure I go to the football for the football anymore and if it wasn’t for my son, too young to know any better and my mates, I definitely wouldn’t be going.

so I think the committee represents and anger from a generation that are feeling detached from the very game they grew up and loved.

soe if is great, some a bit irrelevant and perhaps some is misguided, but as someone who did one of the fanzines back in the day, I was well guilty of that myself on more than one occasion.

As for the saints voice, you have not addressed the claims that they have complained to the club about The Committee. There seem to be some certain individuals that are hell bent on not criticising anything the club does and asking for the Committee to be banned, or the individuals behind it.

is that true and if so, how can you continue in the capacity when some shirters just want everyone to be nice?

There was a comment - I think it appeared in the minutes actually - that referenced some form of negative group on Twitter but I don't recall if an account name was given so I don't know if it was The Committee that was being referred to. If I'm honest, their account had passed me by, as I'm an infrequent Twitterer, and it was only when it was pointed out I took a look. As I said before, it mainly reminded me of those fanzine days more than anything.

I think Saints Voice genuinely has the best interest of our fans at heart and I'm really not aware of a particular, concerted attempt to quash any negativity. However, to answer your question about how can you remain part of the group, if that was its agenda, surely it's even more incumbent upon others to provide a diversity of opinions?

To summarise me as a group member: am I happy right now? On the football side, not at all. It's pathetic what we've seen since Ronald left. On the ownership side, it's disgraceful for someone to buy a club as a plaything and say nothing, nothing at all about his hopes and ambitions for the future. On the fan engagement side, which is Saints Voice's main remit, it's been ok but not perfect. We've made constant representations about queues for beer and food quality, fairness around ticketing and pricing, mobile connectivity and so on. None of this is earth shattering stuff but it's important to some. I am from that group who does feel disengaged. I loved going to football in the 80s, 90s and 00s. Now I struggle. I love going with my son but it's as much about the day out and less about the football. Much of this is due to how the Premier League has ruined football. Would I put up with not trying to resolve any of this for a successful team? Too bl00dy right I would, particular after today's half hearted performance (Ings and McCarthy aside). Will I keep doing it if I feel I can be of some use? Yes, why not?

Edited by Ivan Katalinic's 'tache

There was a comment - I think it appeared in the minutes actually - that referenced some form of negative group on Twitter but I don't recall if an account name was given so I don't know if it was The Committee that was being referred to. If I'm honest, their account had passed me by, as I'm an infrequent Twitterer, and it was only when it was pointed out I took a look. As I said before, it mainly reminded me of those fanzine days more than anything.

I think Saints Voice genuinely has the best interest of our fans at heart and I'm really not aware of a particular, concerted attempt to quash any negativity. However, to answer your question about how can you remain part of the group, if that was its agenda, surely it's even more incumbent upon others to provide a diversity of opinions?

To summarise me as a group member: am I happy right now? On the football side, not at all. It's pathetic what we've seen since Ronald left. On the ownership side, it's disgraceful for someone to buy a club as a plaything and say nothing, nothing at all about his hopes and ambitions for the future. On the fan engagement side, which is Saints Voice's main remit, it's been ok but not perfect. We've made constant representations about queues for beer and food quality, fairness around ticketing and pricing, mobile connectivity and so on. None of this is earth shattering stuff but it's important to some. I am from that group who does feel disengaged. I loved going to football in the 80s, 90s and 00s. Now I struggle. I love going with my son but it's as much about the day out and less about the football. Much of this is due to how the Premier League has ruined football. Would I put up with not trying to resolve any of this for a successful team? Too bl00dy right I would, particular after today's half hearted performance (Ings and McCarthy aside).

What happened to Mike Allott who isn’t exactly your polished, replica shirt wearing, new fan type?

What happened to Mike Allott who isn’t exactly your polished, replica shirt wearing, new fan type?
He made a couple of Twitter posts that were a bit near the knuckle (not Saints related I think) - and been warned by the club - before he made a quip on Twitter that some found distasteful and the club asked him to step down as a result. The complaints were from numbers of people on Twitter direct to the club not from the panel.

Are they not inspired by the wall of colour they see from all the replica shirts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What about all the motivational maxims flouted all over the walls inside the changing room and tunnel? Surely “we march on” written on every wall would have you feeling like a caged lion at kick off.

What about all the motivational maxims flouted all over the walls inside the changing room and tunnel? Surely “we march on” written on every wall would have you feeling like a caged lion at kick off.

It would appear not. The sporting success we are privileged to witness each and every week requires an even greater catalyst than motivational hashtag slogans alone.