Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Green Policy

  1. #1

    Default Green Policy

    One of them is to limit the pay of a company's top earner to 10 times the salary of the lowest.

    Will cause quite a problem for most companies and begs the question that if a cleaner at SMS is on 15k a year how are our superstars going to be able to manage on an annual salary that is the equivalent of a couple of weeks of their current wedge??

  2. #2

    Default

    So minimum wage for a full time adult approx 16k. So our high end staff and footballers must earn no more than 160k p.a. Mmm, I don't think that sounds feasible.

    Perhaps it would be fairer to increase the cleaner to a tenth of the highest earner! So at SMS for instance, highest earner circa 3.5m? So the cleaner gets 350k. Easy, everyone's happy!

    Ticket prices will increase from 52 to 34,800 per game to compensate, but it's probably long overdue considering the quality.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    WHAT?! The "land of the free?" Whoever told you that is your enemy!
    Posts
    18,673

    Default

    I guess that's the fun of being a minor political party (or the Lib Dems) you can put literally anything in your manifesto safe in the knowledge you'll never have to enact any of it...

  4. #4

    Default

    Aren't a lot of players their own Ltd companies these days based in the Cayman Islands?

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Cusp of a wave
    Posts
    18,883

    Default

    Somebody I know works as a pa to a trader in the city. She’s competent at what she does but no exceptional skills. She earns 90k pa, essentially because it’s relatively small beer to them so why not? There should be a link between top wages and lowest, because currently the culture rewards those CEOs are most effective at screwing down on those at the bottom in order to reduce costs. If there wax a link they would be more motivated to find other ways of increasing profitability.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Gotham City
    Posts
    29,240

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spyinthesky View Post
    One of them is to limit the pay of a company's top earner to 10 times the salary of the lowest.

    Will cause quite a problem for most companies and begs the question that if a cleaner at SMS is on 15k a year how are our superstars going to be able to manage on an annual salary that is the equivalent of a couple of weeks of their current wedge??
    how does that work for contractors?

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Rothschild and Soros HQ
    Posts
    19,614
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    how does that work for contractors?
    Assuming they’re genuine contractors, they’re typically excluded from schemes like this.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Gotham City
    Posts
    29,240

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shurlock View Post
    Assuming they’re genuine contractors, they’re typically excluded from schemes like this.
    That's that then

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    3,214
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by doddisalegend View Post
    I guess that's the fun of being a minor political party (or the Lib Dems) you can put literally anything in your manifesto safe in the knowledge you'll never have to enact any of it...
    Or you can be the Labour party... knowing that a lot of people are gullible enough to lend you their vote

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •