Boufal has to start next game

washsaint

Who do you bring in in place of PEH and Stephens though?

Boufal over Redmond looks like a no-brainer. But we just don't have anyone else who is instantly and obviously better than those two

Yeah it's got to the stage where just building a partnership with 2 of the centre backs is the only option as all of them have their moments.

Don't get the PEH stuff, thought while not perfect was much better.

I'd get valery in for cedric and boufal for redmond.

Subs playing well are brilliant until they start a match , then they seem to lose their edge , similar to players being really good until they get a new 5 year mega bucks contract .......

True. but Boufal was looking pretty handy earlier in the season when he was starting though.

I think the OP is right. Redmond has done nothing this season to warrant starting every game.

Yeah it's got to the stage where just building a partnership with 2 of the centre backs is the only option as all of them have their moments.

Don't get the PEH stuff, thought while not perfect was much better.

I'd get valery in for cedric and boufal for redmond.

This. I just don’t get Redmond.

Have got tired of saying it. The man is our most talented player.

Safe and tidy players make **** all difference. Get a player with that quality on the pitch as much as you can. Yes he might lose ball now and again, but when he gets it right he’s a match winner, game changer.

Redknapp jnr saw one game at st

Mary’s and was calling for him to start next game.

It’s only our swivel-eyed element that get sweaty whenever he’s on the pitch jumping at his every mistake with a microscope.

Play your best players RALPH. Do it.

Subs playing well are brilliant until they start a match , then they seem to lose their edge , similar to players being really good until they get a new 5 year mega bucks contract .......
Very much this. Players make an impact the deserve a chance but inevitably the last few seasons those players given chance on the back of a good sub performance or two so often go on to disappoint.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

You hate Boufal don’t you? Go on admit it.

He's right though. How many times before have we seen this from Boufal? Like that West Brom goal where he then got 5 starts in a row and did bugger all. FWIW I would also start him on Wednesday and give him another go, although this is mainly because our other options are generally poor. I wont be holding my breath however.

He's right though. How many times before have we seen this from Boufal? Like that West Brom goal where he then got 5 starts in a row and did bugger all. FWIW I would also start him on Wednesday and give him another go, although this is mainly because our other options are generally poor. I wont be holding my breath however.

I was expecting you...

I was expecting you...

LOL - beat me to it!

I often wonder what many of our current fans would have made of MLT back in the day. Like Boufal, outrageously talented and mercurial but an absolute joy to watch. Someone you would pay money to see. Only Djenepo and Boufal could you say that about in our current squad.

LOL - beat me to it!

I often wonder what many of our current fans would have made of MLT back in the day. Like Boufal, outrageously talented and mercurial but an absolute joy to watch. Someone you would pay money to see. Only Djenepo and Boufal could you say that about in our current squad.

Oh please Boufal isn't fit to scrub MLT boots he isn't even as good as Lallana in his prime. It's like comparing Matt Oakley and Kevin De Bruyne..

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

It’s absolutely criminal how Boufal keeps ending up on the bench.. every time he’s on the pitch we look ten times more dangerous ., his skill and quality on the ball allows him to beat players again and again..for those saying he has no end product..he’s creating chances every game, put it on s plate for long this game, djenepo last game . Came on and created our goal vs Everton the assist for redmond earlier in the season, he just makes things happen

Have got tired of saying it. The man is our most talented player.

Safe and tidy players make **** all difference. Get a player with that quality on the pitch as much as you can. Yes he might lose ball now and again, but when he gets it right he’s a match winner, game changer.

Redknapp jnr saw one game at st

Mary’s and was calling for him to start next game.

It’s only our swivel-eyed element that get sweaty whenever he’s on the pitch jumping at his every mistake with a microscope.

Play your best players RALPH. Do it.

All of the above,If you work hard all week pay good money for your season ticket then the brilliant jinking runs he made yesterday are what you want to see,Danny Ings and Boufal lifted the whole place yesterday,from being booed of at HT to a standing ovation at FT what a turnaround.

It’s absolutely criminal how Boufal keeps ending up on the bench.. every time he’s on the pitch we look ten times more dangerous ., his skill and quality on the ball allows him to beat players again and again..for those saying he has no end product..he’s creating chances every game, put it on s plate for long this game, djenepo last game . Came on and created our goal vs Everton the assist for redmond earlier in the season, he just makes things happen

Like Bournemouth and Spurs?

He has influenced the game more often than not.

What is exactly your point, trying to contradict posts at all costs?

What is your opinion of Boufal? Write something intelligent for once...

He hasn’t the capability to write anything intelligent the blokes a #rick

LOL - beat me to it!

What a load of pony.

We pay money to watch every ****ing player, or do you get in for free when Djenepo & Boufal are out.

To compare Boufal to Matt is a ****ing joke.

I don’t wonder what our current fans would have made of Matt, I know what they’d make of him. They’d love him, because he was a far far better player than Boufal will ever be. As were Tadic,Lallana, & Mane. 10 minute cameos aren’t a “joy to watch”, there’s a reason 4 different managers haven’t played him week in week out,and it’s not because they’re Ian Branfoot clones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What a load of pony.

We pay money to watch every ****ing player, or do you get in for free when Djenepo & Boufal are out.

To compare Boufal to Matt is a ****ing joke.

I don’t wonder what our current fans would have made of Matt, I know what they’d make of him. They’d love him, because he was a far far better player than Boufal will ever be. As were Tadic,Lallana, & Mane. 10 minute cameos aren’t a “joy to watch”, there’s a reason 4 different managers haven’t played him week in week out,and it’s not because they’re Ian Branfoot clones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're entitled to your opinion, same as I am to mine.

Mane was given a rough ride by many as was Tadic. Who's comparing Boufal to MLT? The point I was making is that the flair players drift in and out of games and today's fans will more often than not moan and whinge (as happened with both Tadic and Mane).

SO you would rather see the sh**e that preceded Boufal coming on yesterday? When he came on it was exciting to watch with tricks, mistakes and flair - as opposed to the utter sh**e that preceded it that was one paced and predictable.

He has influenced the game more often than not.

What is exactly your point, trying to contradict posts at all costs?

What is your opinion of Boufal? Write something intelligent for once...

My opinion of Boufal is that he has looked half decent coming off the bench this season but has rarely looked good when starting in his entire Saints career. Four Saints managers have given him a run in the team including Ralph, who gave him five starts in a row from Fulham to Spurs. None of them rated him enough to stay in the team and he was always dropped, plus he was in and out of Sevilla's team when he was on loan.

Against Bournemouth and Spurs we looked clueless going forward. We got a penalty for a silly foul on Adams and a howler from Lloris. Apart from that we failed to score against one of the leakiest defences in the league and an under-performing Spurs with ten men. I'm not laying the blame at Boufal here but he hardly stood out above the rest in some very tepid Saints performances.

I'll say it again, I'd start him Wednesday and give him ANOTHER run in the team but this talk of giving him a new contract, saying he's by far our best player, a phenomenal talent and, "I'd pay to watch him, like MLT," I just find bizarre.

My opinion of Boufal is that he has looked half decent coming off the bench this season but has rarely looked good when starting in his entire Saints career. Four Saints managers have given him a run in the team including Ralph, who gave him five starts in a row from Fulham to Spurs. None of them rated him enough to stay in the team and he was always dropped, plus he was in and out of Sevilla's team when he was on loan.

Against Bournemouth and Spurs we looked clueless going forward. We got a penalty for a silly foul on Adams and a howler from Lloris. Apart from that we failed to score against one of the leakiest defences in the league and an under-performing Spurs with ten men. I'm not laying the blame at Boufal here but he hardly stood out above the rest in some very tepid Saints performances.

I'll say it again, I'd start him Wednesday and give him ANOTHER run in the team but this talk of giving him a new contract, saying he's by far our best player, a phenomenal talent and, "I'd pay to watch him, like MLT," I just find bizarre.

Agree with all of this. He deserves a go while Redmond's out of form, but has never been all that. Better since coming back from loan though.

I think you are wrong on this one Lighthouse. Boufal is an exceptional talent. Don't worry about the odd loss of possession - he's a direct running, creative talent who tries things which often lead to something good. Djenepo, Boufal, Redmond and Ings are the four attacking players who could get the Club to safety.

The strange thing for me is that some players (e.g. Boufal) seem to be dropped and written off by people after one or two poor games, while other players (eg JWP) have one or two good games and that seems to secure them a place in the side for months. I feel the same about centre back, where Yoshida has generally been quite good (though admittedly, we should be doing better than him as first choice) but whenever he has a dodgy game he seems to be dropped for ages, whereas Jack Stephens repeatedly plays terribly but the occasional good performance seems to guarantee his place in the starting XI.

My take is that when Boufal or Djenepo get the ball, I have a sense that something might happen. Yes, that something might be that they lose the ball after running down a blind alley, but it might also be that they beat someone and create a goalscoring opportunity. I think people must be overestimating the ability of our squad or imagining that we are creating lots of chances without these players on the pitch, because I don't see it. What I see is pedestrian play with no idea how to break down the opposition, and then Boufal or Djenepo comes on and we suddenly look dangerous.

The strange thing for me is that some players (e.g. Boufal) seem to be dropped and written off by people after one or two poor games, while other players (eg JWP) have one or two good games and that seems to secure them a place in the side for months. I feel the same about centre back, where Yoshida has generally been quite good (though admittedly, we should be doing better than him as first choice) but whenever he has a dodgy game he seems to be dropped for ages, whereas Jack Stephens repeatedly plays terribly but the occasional good performance seems to guarantee his place in the starting XI.

My take is that when Boufal or Djenepo get the ball, I have a sense that something might happen. Yes, that something might be that they lose the ball after running down a blind alley, but it might also be that they beat someone and create a goalscoring opportunity. I think people must be overestimating the ability of our squad or imagining that we are creating lots of chances without these players on the pitch, because I don't see it. What I see is pedestrian play with no idea how to break down the opposition, and then Boufal or Djenepo comes on and we suddenly look dangerous.

And while we're about it - a message to whoever it is who edits the 'lengthy highlights' package on the official site. When Boufal murders the fullback with a sublime drag-back, and then comes back and megs him before laying the ball off down the wing, so much so that the fullback then gets substituted shortly after.... put it in the highlights! That's what gets bums off seats (although I was already standing anyway) and I was looking forward to watching it up close on video. He did it again shortly before or after - two or three dragbacks in a row. No not MLT, but delightful to watch,

Sofiane Boufal is a huge talent as he demonstrated yet again on Saturday. Even Hasenhuttl begrudgingly praised him post match. With him and Djenepo as the support 2 behind Ings & Redmond on top in a 4-2-2-2 we should be able to tear most PL defences apart and score for fun......

..... if only we knew how to defend.

We've seen him do well and not get a good enough run in the team. If you're looking for an attacker with skill like that who'll do it week in week out, you'll find them at the biggest clubs in the world only.

Boufal needs to start 15-20 games then judge what he does. It's an odd argument to cite inconsistency when in the last couple of years we've given Redmond, Long, JWP and others long runs in the side.

Boufal is a bit like Tadic in that maybe he's not suited to defensive sides or those battling relegation. He needs to play with decent attackers he can link up with. But we can't defend anyway so we might as well attack. Boufal and Djenepo are exactly the players we should have here, all the talent and time and coaching needed to fulfil it. Those two around Ings is a decent attack if it's given time.

Otherwise it's more months of Redmond stood on the left, slowing down, cutting in, cutting back, passing it back to Bertrand, getting it back, looking for the overlap, passing it out of play.

Absolutely .. I’ve been saying for ages that boufal absolutely murders redmond as a attacking player.. frustrates the crap out of me that Ralph seems blind to this.. and Hughes was no better falling out with him and packing him off to Spain... he’s came back with a super attitude created many chances, beats players for fun we always look more dangerous with him on the pitch then not. I think he’s a world class talent ready to explode