Saints vs Norwich - Build-up

SuperSAINT

Another must win against a average team.

4222 again for me, attack best form of defence, and I’d like to see Boufal given a free role in the centre.

McCarthy

Take your pick from our back 4

JWP PEH

Dejenepo Redmond

Boufal ings

If Armstrong is fit this is what I would go with for this one25d97d18bae761391aff63687d817834.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I like this. Also think a decent option would be to have Adams in place of Obafemi in the formation we used the last two games think Adams has that bit of muscle and ability to hold the ball which would could help link nicely with all the pace and skills of boufal djenepo and Ings

Something I'd like to see one day...Reverse Christmas tree - 4-1-2-2-1

----------------------McCarthy-----------------------

Cedric------Stephens-----Bednarek-------Bertrand

----------------------Romeu-------------------------

-------Ward-Prowse------------Armstrong---------

Djenepo--------------------------------------Boufal

-----------------------Ings--------------------------

But for this game, I think the line up will be unchanged from the Watford game, even as much as seeing Redmond start over Boufal. (Unless Redmond takes the Obafemi position and Ralph brings Boufal in.)

Norwich looked pretty good today.... I don't think we will win this

They have 4 very good players, Pukki, Aarons, McLean & Hernández and some very poor ones, especially in defence.

Pukki and Ings both to score in a 3-3 draw, with Redmond getting a last minute equalizer against his old club?

Time to give Adams a go again, he at least does shield the ball; and swap wings for Redmond on the right and Moussa on the left cutting in, neither looked comfortable yesterday; otherwise the same team assuming SA out and keep SB for the second half

Could be any result, its hard to gauge teams performances vs Arsenal, though Norwich looked decent today, they pretty much scored from a deflection and their only decent chance. They also looked like conceding from pretty much every corner as well.

They looked really lively and threatening today. The back 4 will need to play well and have their heads on a swivel. I’d sit Redmond and Cedric (he’s so bad he makes others worse). Assuming Armstrong is not fit I’d go with.

McC

Valery Bednarek Stephens Bertrand

JWP PEH

Djenepo Boufal

Ings Adams

Subs: Long, Danso, Obafemi, Romeu, Yoshida, Redmond, Gunn

I think the way they play will suit us, they play out more from the back and Arsenal don't press very well so didn't put them under pressure and they will I think commit far more men forward than Watford did. Ings, Djenepo and Boufal could cause them all sorts of problems.

Buendia, Hernandez and Pukki are fast and very smart, I can see a defence featuring Stephens getting turned inside out. We might also need the defensive nous of Cedric despite his inability going forward. Is Yoshi injured?

I do think having Long in the side helps with ‘hurrying up’ the opposition and getting in their faces with a highish press. Just wish he could actually shoot. Those shanked chances yesterday... Blimey

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Long's a good sub, keep him there. Redmond needs stopping, we can't keep rewarding that level of performance when there's other options there. Assuming Armstrong isn't fit

McCarthy

Valery Vesterguard Bendarek Bertrand

JWP Romeu

Djenepo Boufal

Ings Adams

Agreed. Hate Redmond’s attitude too. Billy big boots

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Correct, due to streaming of the match on Amazon Prime. Quite likely to catch a few out!

Yes early kick off and there is a train strike on SWR which might cause a problem for a few, last trains are earlier than usual.

The Watford crowd was low under 27k, can see this being even smaller.

I'll predict frustrating 1-1 Draw.

They looked really lively and threatening today. The back 4 will need to play well and have their heads on a swivel. I’d sit Redmond and Cedric (he’s so bad he makes others worse). Assuming Armstrong is not fit I’d go with.

McC

Valery Bednarek Stephens Bertrand

JWP PEH

Djenepo Boufal

Ings Adams

Subs: Long, Danso, Obafemi, Romeu, Yoshida, Redmond, Gunn

Spot on.

I'd go:

-------------McCarthy

Valery Stephens Bednarek Bertrand

----------Hojbjerg--JWP-------------

----Boufal----------------Djenepo

-------------Long-Ings----------

Would be tempted to give Adams another go down the middle, but seems out of favour at the moment, and 4th choice which I find odd...problems on the training pitch? I'd also drop Redmond, and look to bring him on if we're struggling, not at the races recently.