Next Season - Building the team

stevy777_x

This coming summer is the real summer where Ralph can start building his team:

We have Long, Yoshida, Cedric all coming off the books so that s a lot of wages saved, and we might also flog off Pierre as he hasn t signed a new contract.

Couple with the fact we will be able to recuperate money for Forster and Elyounoussi as there are doing really well at Celtic (plus flog off our highest earner)

Danso apart if he excels in the second half of the season will also go back.

Binning Hoedt, Vestergaard and Lemina will be difficult but not impossible.

Carillo I have already given up on getting some money for him, just flog him off for free and save his last year s wages.

With those wages saved sign a combination of experienced players and young ones,

-we can bring in an experienced center back

-some quick athletic players who will be able to implement the press Ralph wants :

-midfielder capable of passing forward in between the lines

-quick mobile defense midfielder capable of covering a lot of ground.

-new right back who can actually cross.

All hypothetical if we can t survive, but i m confident we can.

This^^^ he allegedly picked out Danso to help sort the defensive issues, hows that worked out, just seems devoid of ideas/tactical nous/man management skills

who has allegedly said Ralph picked out Danso?

all seemed very last minute panicked to me. A loan out of nowhere

seemed more like a possibly better than nothing option after missing our early targets

not sure you can stick that one on Ralph

it was Wilson’s job to build the squad and a last second transfer deadline day loan doesn’t suggest Danso was on our original top 5 or 10 list

This coming summer is the real summer where Ralph can start building his team:

We have Long, Yoshida, Cedric all coming off the books so that s a lot of wages saved, and we might also flog off Pierre as he hasn t signed a new contract.

Couple with the fact we will be able to recuperate money for Forster and Elyounoussi as there are doing really well at Celtic (plus flog off our highest earner)

Danso apart if he excels in the second half of the season will also go back.

Binning Hoedt, Vestergaard and Lemina will be difficult but not impossible.

Carillo I have already given up on getting some money for him, just flog him off for free and save his last year s wages.

With those wages saved sign a combination of experienced players and young ones,

-we can bring in an experienced center back

-some quick athletic players who will be able to implement the press Ralph wants :

-midfielder capable of passing forward in between the lines

-quick mobile defense midfielder capable of covering a lot of ground.

-new right back who can actually cross.

All hypothetical if we can t survive, but i m confident we can.

Firstly, Celtic wont be buying Moi and Forster even if they won the Ballon D'Or. They can't afford their wages, the best we can hope for is to loan them there again next season or if we do sell them, we will be giving them a big payout to cover the difference.

Secondly, everybody is looking for the type of players you've listed. Experienced defenders, quick athletes, mobile defensive midfielders... We will have to outspend the rest of the league to get the kind of quality we need and right now we aren't capable of that. Nobody is looking for a midget CB, Midfielder with rusty knees and a one paced winger who smacks it into the car park.

It's going to be tough for a few years, whatever league we're in (probably not this IMO). If anything, yesterday's result reminds me of when Wigley beat Pompey.

Firstly, Celtic wont be buying Moi and Forster even if they won the Ballon D'Or. They can't afford their wages, the best we can hope for is to loan them there again next season or if we do sell them, we will be giving them a big payout to cover the difference.

Secondly, everybody is looking for the type of players you've listed. Experienced defenders, quick athletes, mobile defensive midfielders... We will have to outspend the rest of the league to get the kind of quality we need and right now we aren't capable of that. Nobody is looking for a midget CB, Midfielder with rusty knees and a one paced winger who smacks it into the car park.

It's going to be tough for a few years, whatever league we're in (probably not this IMO). If anything, yesterday's result reminds me of when Wigley beat Pompey.

Firstly, did I say for one second that Celtic were going to buy them? You made that assumption on you own

Their form puts them on the market and that is good for us.

Secondly, I am pointing out areas of improvement within the team.

If we had a proper directer of recruitment which obviously Wilson wasn t, we would have adressed those issues over the last 2 seasons but we haven’t.

With the right infrastructure and scouting you can find those players and on the cheap.

So no it is not all doom and gloom like what you are impling, the last 2 results are a good springboard for the team and beating Norwich doesn t seem so farfetched.

Negativity is counter production productive especially when our play in 120 out if the last 180 minutes has been excellent.

Central Back we need a leader who can organize someone in the mould of Van Dijk who has presence and can actually play out the back and head a football...

New Right back for Cedric we have been linked to Joakim Mæhle in the past not sure if he is any good.

Left back cover for Bertrand raid the championship and find a cheap young upcoming player who we can develop.

Jarrod Bowen

Central midfield who is capable of linking up the play and creating.

That would be my business

Sell the dead wood.

The first thing we need to address is a decent CB to play alongside bednarek.

Next we need a CM with some creativity - someone who can control the tempo of the game and dictate play.

Then we need a decent CB to replace bednarek. Then a defensive midfielder to give romeu a run for his money.

After that a RB to replace Cedric, another striker, a LB to really push Bertrand, ....

Last of all is another wide attacking player....

Unfortunately if history is anything to go by we'll buy the latter first

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

This^^^ he allegedly picked out Danso to help sort the defensive issues, hows that worked out, just seems devoid of ideas/tactical nous/man management skills

Devoid of ideas? He's full of ideas. Lots of formation changes, lineup changes and bold substitutions. The question is how often the ideas work.

You've not heard of the idea of players taking a cut in wages? I know it doesn't happen often, but players with a brain who have bombed do actually take this route. Moi will never get to the PL level, but he can operate at the level of the SPL and could make a decent living on Celtic wages. Trouble might be that Celtic might actually not want him, he has done quite well, but I see that he is not even in the squad at the moment, maybe he is injured, and the Hoops are doing pretty well without him. he really hasn't become a must have for them so far. Fraser, well I did say about brains. But I think even he may see that taking a drop and staying at Celtic would be good for his career. He isn't going to displace McCarthy or Gunn.