FA Cup Third Round Draw - Huddersfield (H)

whelk

Maybe at home, I could agree. But since we played them, our form has been awful. The 4-0 gives us bragging rights until we next okay them and as far as I'm concerned about ten years time will be fine.

I'm not sure we'd get a full house. We've given them a good hiding, now the priority is the league.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Absolute heads gone :mcinnes: Would have demand for over 40,000

Shame we didn’t get Eastleigh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would be the weirdest atmosphere ever! The gate receipts would be a nice boost for them though.

It’d been good if they’d drawn Pompey at home, and knocked them out.

May have to make it a 'kid-for-a-quid' match.

£2 for adults.

They won’t bring many down from Huddersfield just after Xmas, definitely should be £10 adults £1 kids and at least try to make the ground look reasonably full, we’ve got 3 home games in a week with Palace and Spurs so can’t see many people wanting to pay out much for another game.

Remarkably we have never ever met Huddersfield in the Cup and they will be our 86th opponents in that competition.

Am I right in thinking you just mean the FA Cup. I seem to have a distant memory of MLT scoring 4 against them (perhaps over two legs) in the League Cup. But perhaps my memory is playing tricks on me.

Am I right in thinking you just mean the FA Cup. I seem to have a distant memory of MLT scoring 4 against them (perhaps over two legs) in the League Cup. But perhaps my memory is playing tricks on me.

Spot on!

https://www.11v11.com/matches/southampton-v-huddersfield-town-05-october-1994-32884/

1-0 in the first leg away (MLT) and then all 4 for MLT in the second leg!

Not necessarily, they move a handful of games to 12.45, 5.30 and 2pm on a Sunday to accommodate overseas broadcasters. Out of the 32 games, most of them won't kick off at 3pm on Saturday.

Surely our game is the bottom of the list for any tv choices, there are also some premier league and championship games on the Thursday night in the week building up to the game so that will be a few games that have to move, plus some London clubs who cannot be home on same day so hopefully those will be the Sunday games.

I reserved my ST seat for £8 (OAP concession) and paid a £1.25 web fee !

I'm not concerned about the money as I would happily have paid a tenner (or more) but bizarrely I get peed off paying 15% for the privilege of doing it myself online, there is not even any postage as it's a smart card update !

I suppose I've just morphed into a grumpy old man :(

I reserved my ST seat for £8 (OAP concession) and paid a £1.25 web fee !

I'm not concerned about the money as I would happily have paid a tenner (or more) but bizarrely I get peed off paying 15% for the privilege of doing it myself online, there is not even any postage as it's a smart card update !

I suppose I've just morphed into a grumpy old man :(

You’re quite right. The ‘booking fee’, particularly when absolutely nothing is required by the club, is a joke.

You’re quite right. The ‘booking fee’, particularly when absolutely nothing is required by the club, is a joke.

It's the cost of running the booking system / processing the payment. Saints are being relatively transparent, and probably helping in their accounting, by adding a booking fee to each transaction. They could wrap it up into the ticket price as many companies do but they won't be making any significant profit on it.

It's the cost of running the booking system / processing the payment. Saints are being relatively transparent, and probably helping in their accounting, by adding a booking fee to each transaction. They could wrap it up into the ticket price as many companies do but they won't be making any significant profit on it.

Come off it. I need to get 7 tickets, will do it all online, no postage required or work by TO staff, £1.25 PER TICKET booking fee , daylight robbery.

If it was £1.25 per order that might make sense, not per ticket.

Come off it. I need to get 7 tickets, will do it all online, no postage required or work by TO staff, £1.25 PER TICKET booking fee, daylight robbery.

If it was £1.25 per order that might make sense, not per ticket.

I run a business that gets orders through an online booking system. There are two fees to pay for running that system. One is for the system which captures the data and processes the order (ultimately that is what delivers the ticket in whatever form). The second is the cost of processing a secure financial transaction. The system that I chose to use comes at a cost of approx 3.7% of the transaction cost. I have no idea what costs Saints are incurring but if it's similar then selling a £40 match ticket could cost more than the £1.25 that they are charging.

• 3 weeks later...

Difficult choice for Manager

Wholesale changes?

Perhaps:

Gunn

??? ( Valery, if fit)

??? (Danso (if fit or Vokes)

Yoshida

Vestegaard (unless he off to Bremen)

Romeu

Slattery (unless he is still in the doghouse)

Boufal

Long

Adams

Djenepo

Cant see too many of today's starting lineup being involved unless their fitness levels are suitable.

Certainly not many options at full back..

Crowd .. Approx 10,000?