Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 50 of 90

Thread: FA Cup Third Round Draw - Huddersfield (H)

  1. #1

    Default FA Cup Third Round Draw - Huddersfield (H)

    Who we want?

    Hoping for a decent away draw

    Of course Portsmouth would be superb again

  2. #2

    Default

    Pompey at home, of course. It would be great to thrash them twice in one season.

  3. Default

    When is it?

  4. #4

    Default

    Guess who do not want to be drawn against us?

    https://fansonline.net/portsmouth/mb/view.php?id=782928

  5. #5

    Default

    If they get through the replay I fancy Forest Green away.

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OttawaSaint View Post
    When is it?
    Tomorrow (Monday) evening from 7pm GMT live on BBC.

    Saints are number 36 and Portsmouth 46.

    Other numbers are here: http://www.thefa.com/news/2019/nov/2...details-281119

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Plymouth
    Posts
    5,856

    Default

    Not P*mpey. We've embarrassed them on their own ground and that's enough for me. I'd be quite happy not to see them again for another seven years.

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nordic Saint View Post
    Guess who do not want to be drawn against us?

    https://fansonline.net/portsmouth/mb/view.php?id=782928
    What happened in 2010 between Spurs and Pompey??

    It's funny how my Spurs supporting mates have never mentioned their encounter thst year with the bestest.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Bordeaux
    Posts
    273

    Default

    Middlesboro or Tranmere away, as I've not been to either and fancy it.

  10. #10

    Default

    A home draw please. For the first time in years I shall be around in January.

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Romsey.
    Posts
    1,427

    Default

    Home against the lowest placed team in the draw as always - when the the last decade we played a non league team FGS??

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Was NI now Shropshire..!
    Posts
    8,348

    Default

    Shrewsbury away. Or if Eastleigh don't get past Wrexham then I'd like them, away again.

    Sent from my SM-T590 using Tapatalk

  13. Default

    Anyone except Portsmouth Community Football Club

  14. Default

    Doesn't feel like a season we should be going after silverware but I wouldn't mind pulling a Wigan.

  15. #15

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Was NI now Shropshire..!
    Posts
    8,348

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Disco Stu View Post
    Doesn't feel like a season we should be going after silverware but I wouldn't mind pulling a Wigan.
    Did that a couple of years ago, bloody cold up there this time of year...!

    Sent from my SM-T590 using Tapatalk

  16. #16

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    4,270
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Give me either an easy home draw or an away London club like QPR/Millwall/Brentford/Charlton pleaseee

  17. #17

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Sunny Dubai
    Posts
    10,469
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Micky View Post
    Shrewsbury away. Or if Eastleigh don't get past Wrexham then I'd like them, away again.

    Sent from my SM-T590 using Tapatalk
    ??? Eastleigh are playing Crewe in the replay .... wouldn't mind that, but the problem with smaller teams is smaller ticket allocation and unlikely toget past STH with 5 away games!!

  18. #18

    Default

    Portsmouth at St Marys please

  19. #19

    Default

    Reckon it will be Leicester at home. A chance for revenge.

  20. Default

    Much as I'd love Pompey at home, I hope it can wait another year or two. Forest Green would be a fun trip.

  21. Default

    Just want a simple game at home.

    We will get a tough away game.

  22. #22

    Default

    Last year was great (for me) because it was my (adopted) home town. This time it will probably be Crystal Palace away or some such tedium.
    Last edited by CB Fry; 01-12-2019 at 09:10 PM.

  23. #23

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Ex Belgium, now IoW (I think it's still part of Europe, though!)
    Posts
    4,626

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Highfield Saint View Post
    Portsmouth at St Marys please
    Bring it on .........

  24. #24

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Belfast, Northern Ireland
    Posts
    616

    Default

    Please can we get a league 1, 2 or national league side away please. We always seem to get fellow PL teams (usually Palace) or top half championship teams (usually Fulham)

  25. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fanimal View Post
    - when the the last decade we played a non league team FGS??
    The only one we've had, in my 55 years of supporting, was Luton in 2010 at St Marys. Not exactly your obvious choice of non-league interest.

  26. #26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Disco Stu View Post
    but I wouldn't mind pulling a Wigan.
    Taken out of context this sounds like a description of an ugly northern woman.

  27. #27

    Default

    Skates at home, we did them four nil at theirs and we'd do them by more at home.

    Failing that away at a ground i've not been to.

  28. #28

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    the metropolis of Southampton
    Posts
    6,489

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nordic Saint View Post
    Guess who do not want to be drawn against us?

    https://fansonline.net/portsmouth/mb/view.php?id=782928
    The anti Corbyn adverising on that site is indicative

  29. #29

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    the metropolis of Southampton
    Posts
    6,489

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lets B Avenue View Post
    The only one we've had, in my 55 years of supporting, was Luton in 2010 at St Marys. Not exactly your obvious choice of non-league interest.
    I thought you were there when Chelmsford knocked us out in 1939

  30. #30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Whitey Grandad View Post
    Tomorrow (Monday) evening from 7pm GMT live on BBC.

    Saints are number 36 and Portsmouth 46.

    Other numbers are here: http://www.thefa.com/news/2019/nov/2...details-281119
    "36, Southampton will play 46, Portsmouth" Bring it on. We've got revenge for one of the 4-1 defeats but now let's avenge the other one. Another cup win v Pompey is something that will be remembered for a lifetime; a third round cup win v any other team will be played in a half-empty stadium and soon forgotten.

  31. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fitzhugh Fella View Post
    I thought you were there when Chelmsford knocked us out in 1939
    I went to the pub beforehand, but went home instead.

  32. #32

    Default

    Probably get Liverpool or City away.

  33. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skintsaint View Post
    Probably get Liverpool or City away.
    Or worse. At home!!

  34. #34

    Default

    Apparently our last 10 cup draws have all been away from home, so law of averages we are due a home one.

    Would love a minnow but we never seem to get those draws.

    I’ve still not got over the disappointment of missing out on Accrington Stanley away last season

  35. #35

    Default

    Away to a " big " club. Then we can concentrate on staying up and will have a bit of money to waste in Jan.

  36. #36

    Default

    Skates at home please

    Or a London away draw

  37. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Whitey Grandad View Post
    Tomorrow (Monday) evening from 7pm GMT live on BBC.

    Saints are number 36 and Portsmouth 46.

    Other numbers are here: http://www.thefa.com/news/2019/nov/2...details-281119
    Thanks!

  38. #38

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The metropolis of Wem
    Posts
    7,079

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whelk View Post
    Who we want?

    Hoping for a decent away draw

    Of course Portsmouth would be superb again
    Quite seriously, that's the last distraction we need.

    Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

  39. #39

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The metropolis of Wem
    Posts
    7,079

    Default

    Shrewsbury away would be convenient


    Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

  40. #40

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shroppie View Post
    Quite seriously, that's the last distraction we need.

    Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    Quite seriously, for those of us who don't live in the Shrewsbury area, no it isn't. It would be a tremendous boost to our season, for players and fans alike, to beat Pompey again, especially in front of a full house at St Mary's.

  41. #41

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The metropolis of Wem
    Posts
    7,079

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nordic Saint View Post
    Quite seriously, for those of us who don't live in the Shrewsbury area, no it isn't. It would be a tremendous boost to our season, for players and fans alike, to beat Pompey again, especially in front of a full house at St Mary's.
    Maybe at home, I could agree. But since we played them, our form has been awful. The 4-0 gives us bragging rights until we next okay them and as far as I'm concerned about ten years time will be fine.

    I'm not sure we'd get a full house. We've given them a good hiding, now the priority is the league.

    Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

  42. #42

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Medals, Trophy Lallana can also earn at Southampton- Andy Durman 16/05/14
    Posts
    30,053
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shroppie View Post
    Maybe at home, I could agree. But since we played them, our form has been awful. The 4-0 gives us bragging rights until we next okay them and as far as I'm concerned about ten years time will be fine.

    I'm not sure we'd get a full house. We've given them a good hiding, now the priority is the league.

    Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    You're talking nonsense. Of course there would be a full house.

  43. #43

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The metropolis of Wem
    Posts
    7,079

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hypochondriac View Post
    You're talking nonsense. Of course there would be a full house.
    Ok, you're probably right. But I don't think it would be particularly beneficial to us. We've beaten the third-rate League One side and out them in their place. Satisfying, yes. And I know many will say they'd forfeit the PL to beat them again, but I wouldn't.

    I don't mean I wouldn't mind losing to them. That's unthinkable. If we play them, we have to make sure we win and that distracts from the main business.

    Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

  44. #44

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shroppie View Post
    Maybe at home, I could agree. But since we played them, our form has been awful. The 4-0 gives us bragging rights until we next okay them and as far as I'm concerned about ten years time will be fine.

    I'm not sure we'd get a full house. We've given them a good hiding, now the priority is the league.

    Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    Our 0-9 defeat to Leicester followed an away cup tie against Man City, not one v Pompey. We took 3 points from our 2 league games in between them, with a 1-0 away win at Sheffield United. So, there is no evidence that a cup game v Pompey would do us any more harm than one against any other team. In fact. it is more likely to do us a lot of good.

  45. #45

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The metropolis of Wem
    Posts
    7,079

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nordic Saint View Post
    Our 0-9 defeat to Leicester followed an away cup tie against Man City, not one v Pompey. We took 3 points from our 2 league games in between them, with a 1-0 away win at Sheffield United. So, there is no evidence that a cup game v Pompey would do us any more harm than one against any other team. In fact. it is more likely to do us a lot of good.
    Wrong. The 0-9 came before the Man City games. And we lost to Bournemouth four days before Pompey, then took one point from the next three games.

    Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

  46. #46

    Default

    Sorry got those dates wrong! The City cup game was after the Leicester defeat, of course. But, I still think there would be no better draw than getting Pompey at home. Whatever else happens this season, it would be remembered forever by Saints fans as the one when we knocked Pompey out of two cup competitions.

  47. #47

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The metropolis of Wem
    Posts
    7,079

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nordic Saint View Post
    Sorry got those dates wrong! The City cup game was after the Leicester defeat, of course. But, I still think there would be no better draw than getting Pompey at home. Whatever else happens this season, it would be remembered forever by Saints fans as the one when we knocked Pompey out of two cup competitions.
    Not worth an argument. Sure I'd enjoy another win, but I've made my point.

    Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

  48. #48

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southampton
    Posts
    6,923

    Default

    Skates, non-league or somewhere away I haven’t been, so probably a L2 outfit.

  49. #49

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LGTL View Post
    Skates, non-league or somewhere away I havenít been, so probably a L2 outfit.
    Boston away would be a laugh if they make it through.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  50. #50

    Default

    BBC South just showed the numbers of all the Southís clubs in the draw. I say all but omitted little old Portsmouth.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •