FA Cup Third Round Draw - Huddersfield (H)

whelk

Shrewsbury away. Or if Eastleigh don't get past Wrexham then I'd like them, away again.

Sent from my SM-T590 using Tapatalk

??? Eastleigh are playing Crewe in the replay .... wouldn't mind that, but the problem with smaller teams is smaller ticket allocation and unlikely toget past STH with 5 away games!! :?

Tomorrow (Monday) evening from 7pm GMT live on BBC.

Saints are number 36 and Portsmouth 46.

Other numbers are here: http://www.thefa.com/news/2019/nov/28/emirates-fa-cup-third-round-draw-details-281119

"36, Southampton will play 46, Portsmouth" Bring it on. We've got revenge for one of the 4-1 defeats but now let's avenge the other one. Another cup win v Pompey is something that will be remembered for a lifetime; a third round cup win v any other team will be played in a half-empty stadium and soon forgotten.

Apparently our last 10 cup draws have all been away from home, so law of averages we are due a home one.

Would love a minnow but we never seem to get those draws.

I’ve still not got over the disappointment of missing out on Accrington Stanley away last season

Quite seriously, that's the last distraction we need.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Quite seriously, for those of us who don't live in the Shrewsbury area, no it isn't. It would be a tremendous boost to our season, for players and fans alike, to beat Pompey again, especially in front of a full house at St Mary's.

Quite seriously, for those of us who don't live in the Shrewsbury area, no it isn't. It would be a tremendous boost to our season, for players and fans alike, to beat Pompey again, especially in front of a full house at St Mary's.
Maybe at home, I could agree. But since we played them, our form has been awful. The 4-0 gives us bragging rights until we next okay them and as far as I'm concerned about ten years time will be fine.

I'm not sure we'd get a full house. We've given them a good hiding, now the priority is the league.

Maybe at home, I could agree. But since we played them, our form has been awful. The 4-0 gives us bragging rights until we next okay them and as far as I'm concerned about ten years time will be fine.

I'm not sure we'd get a full house. We've given them a good hiding, now the priority is the league.

You're talking nonsense. Of course there would be a full house.

You're talking nonsense. Of course there would be a full house.
Ok, you're probably right. But I don't think it would be particularly beneficial to us. We've beaten the third-rate League One side and out them in their place. Satisfying, yes. And I know many will say they'd forfeit the PL to beat them again, but I wouldn't.

I don't mean I wouldn't mind losing to them. That's unthinkable. If we play them, we have to make sure we win and that distracts from the main business.

Our 0-9 defeat to Leicester followed an away cup tie against Man City, not one v Pompey. We took 3 points from our 2 league games in between them, with a 1-0 away win at Sheffield United. So, there is no evidence that a cup game v Pompey would do us any more harm than one against any other team. In fact. it is more likely to do us a lot of good.

Our 0-9 defeat to Leicester followed an away cup tie against Man City, not one v Pompey. We took 3 points from our 2 league games in between them, with a 1-0 away win at Sheffield United. So, there is no evidence that a cup game v Pompey would do us any more harm than one against any other team. In fact. it is more likely to do us a lot of good.
Wrong. The 0-9 came before the Man City games. And we lost to Bournemouth four days before Pompey, then took one point from the next three games.

Sorry got those dates wrong! The City cup game was after the Leicester defeat, of course. But, I still think there would be no better draw than getting Pompey at home. Whatever else happens this season, it would be remembered forever by Saints fans as the one when we knocked Pompey out of two cup competitions.

Sorry got those dates wrong! The City cup game was after the Leicester defeat, of course. But, I still think there would be no better draw than getting Pompey at home. Whatever else happens this season, it would be remembered forever by Saints fans as the one when we knocked Pompey out of two cup competitions.
Not worth an argument. Sure I'd enjoy another win, but I've made my point.