FA Cup Third Round Draw - Huddersfield (H)

whelk

Difficult choice for Manager

?

Nah, I'd still choose Hasenhuttl. :)

We certainly need a change up if we want to continue the League form but I wouldn't be changing too much as we should be taking this competition seriously. Perhaps this is a chance for those that haven't seen game time since the 9-0 to make up for it, while resting a couple of the harder working first team players.

Gunn

Cedric (if Valery still not fit)

Yoshida

Bednarek

Bertrand (unless Ralph feels like giving Vokins a shot)

Romeu

Hojbjerg

Armstrong

Boufal

Djenepo

Obafemi

A week till this game and a week after it. Only players I'd rest are Ings and Armstrong. Otherwise try to keep the momentum going.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

The game is only 3 days away, think you may be suffering from a Christmas / new year blur!

The obvious ones to rest are Cedric and Bertrand.

Loads of players getting hamstring injuries at other clubs due to too many games so they need protecting as we have no cover for them.

Would also leave out Ings.

Yes, they are two that I would rest - but as we currently have no right back or left back cover, both really need to play. (Short of using the likes of Ramsay and Vokins or players out of position.)

Difficult choice for Manager

Wholesale changes?

Perhaps:

Gunn

??? ( Valery, if fit)

??? (Danso (if fit or Vokes)

Yoshida

Vestegaard (unless he off to Bremen)

Romeu

Slattery (unless he is still in the doghouse)

Boufal

Long

Adams

Djenepo

Cant see too many of today's starting lineup being involved unless their fitness levels are suitable.

Certainly not many options at full back..

Crowd .. Approx 10,000?

After playing the same back 4 across a busy Christmas period it seems a shame to change it but it's inevitable we'll play a B side.

Hopefully it will be enough to get past a struggling Huddersfield side who got beaten 2-5 At home to Stoke today.

Ticket sales look like we'll get about 15k i reckon, won't be many in the away end they've only sold about 500, long journey down just after Christmas.

Nah, I'd still choose Hasenhuttl. :)

We certainly need a change up if we want to continue the League form but I wouldn't be changing too much as we should be taking this competition seriously. Perhaps this is a chance for those that haven't seen game time since the 9-0 to make up for it, while resting a couple of the harder working first team players.

Gunn

Cedric (if Valery still not fit)

Yoshida

Bednarek

Bertrand (unless Ralph feels like giving Vokins a shot)

Romeu

Hojbjerg

Armstrong

Boufal

Djenepo

Obafemi

Why? We are not going to win the FA cup, so better to focus on PL survival and rest the full usual first team. Let the squad players have a chance to stake a claim

Why? We are not going to win the FA cup, so better to focus on PL survival and rest the full usual first team. Let the squad players have a chance to stake a claim
Says who?

Either way, we don't need to win it for the FA Cup to be a positive force - another semi would be another trip to Wembley, which would be great.

I've got no problem with a little squad rotation on Saturday - if nothing else we desperately need a goal from Adams - but we should be trying to progress in the competition, especially off the back of the points we already have in the league now.

Says who?

Either way, we don't need to win it for the FA Cup to be a positive force - another semi would be another trip to Wembley, which would be great.

I've got no problem with a little squad rotation on Saturday - if nothing else we desperately need a goal from Adams - but we should be trying to progress in the competition, especially off the back of the points we already have in the league now.

Ings wont play, sure of that. Other than that, reckon Romeu and Adams will start and maybe, Gunn

Tough balancing act - want to maintain the confidence we've gained, and given the opposition an extremely good chance to progress. But there's been a lot of games over Christmas and the league is very obviously the priority for everyone these days so don't want to take silly risks.

For me there's two elements to this - those who we want to rest / protect, and those we think could gain from some game time.

I think Ings and Bertrand (we have no other left-back) need protecting, and given his fitness record would save Obafemi. I'd ideally rest JWP and PEH but with only one viable option for cover will need to play one I'd imagine. From a confidence perspective, I think Gunn & Adams would benefit from playing, possibly Redmond too (needs goals) and also Djenepo and Valery (if fit). Much as it's tempting to give Maya or Vesti a run-out I think any more changes would be too disruptive. Of course, if either Slattery or Vokins are deemed fit and ready then happy to see them feature but see no signs of this being the case?

My team would therefore be based around:

Gunn

Valery / Cedric

Stephens

Bednarek

Cedric / Danso

Djenepo

Romeu

PEH / JWP (maybe a half each)

Boufal

Redmond

Adams

Probably outings off the bench for Long and Armstrong replacing Djenepo and Redmond?

Real guesswork here.

Gunn

Cedric Yoshida Vestergaard Danso

JWP Romeu

Redmond Boufal/Djenepo

Adams Obafemi

McCarthy, Smallbone, Bednarek, Bertrand, Long, Hojbjerg, unexpected Academy player.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Reckon that's about right but that JWP will be rested. He's covered a LOT of ground recently and is now a very important player. Why not try Danso out at CB? Redmond should play with a 'for sale' tag around his neck (if I had my way)...

Huddersfield lost 5-2 at home to a pretty mediocre Stoke City on Wed.

Cake walk or banana skin if we don't focus?

Presumably Stoke put out their best side, who had all played together a far bit. We won't have that continuity of selection and usually the team looks disjointed and struggles a bit. Individuals may gave better quality, but team play can be terrible. With that in mind, any kind of win becomes a decent result.

I notice Boufal wasn't even on the bench against Spuds, yet we had three strikers on the bench. Has the toe caused issues again? Valery was also still missing due to 'an infection', so you would assume he will miss out again. Right now we don't seem to have much cover at full back or CM.

Gunn

??? Yoshida Vestegaard/Danso ???

Romeu ???

Djenepo Long

Obefemi Adams

I'm not sure he'll make as many changes as people are calling for. Some combo of Adams, Obafemi, Long up top for sure. Romeu, Yoshi, Gunn will get starts I'm sure.

Difficult one, when you try to name a changed XI you see how short of cover we are. Hard to judge the risk/reward of naming a strong side to win the game vs potentially losing someone to injury.

A weird situation up front for this game. For clear reasons I wouldn't play Ings but both Djenepo and Obafemi are very injury prone and Long is coming back off injury and may not be 100%. Would definitely start Adams and likely Long if he is fit. If not I would go:

Gunn

Valery Danso Vestergaard Volkins

Romeu Hoj

Boufal Armstrong

Adams Redmond

This gives Redmond a chance to play his way in to some form and get a couple more goals to help his confidence.

It’s £10 before 18th Dec.

£1 for under 18s so should be decent crowd even though cold and crp time of year.

Is it still kids for £1 or is just £12 a ticket for everyone now?

I can't seem to get any other options than adult ticket for £12 on the ticket website.

Is it still kids for £1 or is just £12 a ticket for everyone now?

I can't seem to get any other options than adult ticket for £12 on the ticket website.

I'm not going but just had a go on the ticket site. I can select u11 and u18 tickets with the friends and family attached to my account. Remember to update basket.

Wouldn’t play any of the regulars to be honest.

Gunn

Ramsey Yoshida Danso Vokins

Romeu Slattery

Sims Boufal

Adams Obafemi

Huddersfield have been crap themselves and will probably rest players as well. We can't afford to have an injury in our back four now that they've finally settled and both JWP and PEH have covered enormous amounts in the last few weeks.

Gk: Gunn

Rb: Ramsey (assuming Valery is still unavailable)

Cb: Danso

Cb: Yoshida

Lb: Vokins

Rm: Sims

Cm: Romeu

Cm: Smallbone or Slattery

Lm: Djenepo/Boufal (whoever is least injured)

St: Adams

St: Obafemi

Subs: take your pick - but I notice Enzo Robise and Will Ferry have been training with the first team recently. Maybe a chance for Jankewitz and Mitchell, our "big coup" youth signings in the last 18 months.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

From Jan 1st it's 10 yellows. He's not suspended.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

To be pedantic its after 19 matches this season for yellow cards. For 10 it's now match week 32. Yellows also do not carry over to FA Cup, although straight reds do. Makes no difference to us, no one is suspended, or even close.

Gk: Gunn

Rb: Ramsey (assuming Valery is still unavailable)

Cb: Danso

Cb: Yoshida

Lb: Vokins

Rm: Sims

Cm: Romeu

Cm: Smallbone or Slattery

Lm: Djenepo/Boufal (whoever is least injured)

St: Adams

St: Obafemi

Looks about right given the heavy work load on the lads recently. A risk of the Wolves League Cup 2017 disaster (my sons first proper game at SMS, cheers for that), but we should have enough to beat a poor Hudds side. Ings definitely should be locked in his bedroom until the Leicester game, away from kitchen tables and any garden machinery.

Wouldn’t play any of the regulars to be honest.

Gunn

Ramsey Yoshida Danso Vokins

Romeu Slattery

Sims Boufal

Adams Obafemi

Huddersfield have been crap themselves and will probably rest players as well. We can't afford to have an injury in our back four now that they've finally settled and both JWP and PEH have covered enormous amounts in the last few weeks.

Can Sims play now, I guess he can if fit?

What we don't want to do now is shatter our newly restored self-belief by putting out a weakened team, giving away silly goals and then not being able to pull it back after bringing back our better players from the bench. OK give Danny a rest and maybe Redmond and Armstrong but otherwise stay unchanged

McCarthy

Cedric Bednarek Stephens Bertrand

Hojberg Ward Prowse

Boufal Djenepo

Adams

What we don't want to do now is shatter our newly restored self-belief by putting out a weakened team, giving away silly goals and then not being able to pull it back after bringing back our better players from the bench. OK give Danny a rest and maybe Redmond and Armstrong but otherwise stay unchanged

McCarthy

Hojberg Ward Prowse

Boufal Djenepo

Adams

Playing with 10 players? :?

McCarthy

Hojberg Ward Prowse

Boufal Djenepo

Adams

I'd play either Ward or Prowse, but not both.