FA Cup Third Round Draw - Huddersfield (H)

whelk

How about 4-3-3 with:

Gunn

Yoshida Danso Vestergaard Vokins

Smallbone Romeu Slattery

Obafemi Long Adams

Looking at their defensive record they do concede a lot of goals, might be a good idea to get right at them. Not sure I'd risk all 3 of those strikers though...Adams and Obafemi yes, who do we have in the youth/reserves coming through?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Looking at their defensive record they do concede a lot of goals, might be a good idea to get right at them. Not sure I'd risk all 3 of those strikers though...Adams and Obafemi yes, who do we have in the youth/reserves coming through?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

The last sentence made me lol ?

Some changes are obvious. Gunn, Romeu, and Adams must start. They'll be needed later in the season probably, so keep them as match fit as possible.

Boufel Yoshida/Danso could all do with a game and won't weaken the side. I've written off Vestergaard.

Full backs are an issue as no decent back up. I suspect Bertie and Cedric have to play.

As others have said it would be good to see one of Slattery Vokins, or Smallbone play. Somehow the club have to get the youth conveyor belt going again.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Some changes are obvious. Gunn, Romeu, and Adams must start. They'll be needed later in the season probably, so keep them as match fit as possible.

Boufel Yoshida/Danso could all do with a game and won't weaken the side. I've written off Vestergaard.

Full backs are an issue as no decent back up. I suspect Bertie and Cedric have to play.

As others have said it would be good to see one of Slattery Vokins, or Smallbone play. Somehow the club have to get the youth conveyor belt going again.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Agree about Gunn, Adams and Romeu and would add Obafemi, although he's getting the odd start anyway.

I get the feeling Valery will still be out for a while. I'm also guessing Boufal will be bench at best, following kitchen table toegate flaring up again. If he's on the bench, hope he doesn't kick it. [emoji1787][emoji849]

Not sure Vokins is ready, so agree it'll have to be business as usual for Cedric/Bertrand. Doubt we'll see Vestergaard again.

Got a feeling Smallbone rather than Slattery will get game time, maybe even starting.

So that gives us

Gunn

Cedric Yoshida Danso Bertrand

Romeu Smallbone

Redmond Djenepo

Adams Obafemi

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Edited by Shroppie

It doesn't matter surely
It does if you take the view that VAR reduces the likelihood of scoring a goal.

You could also say that a team that is used to playing under VAR might have an advantage, such as playing a different approach to a defensive offside line.

Apart from that there is the line of thought that all games should be played under the same officiating environment. The Laws of the Game may be the same but their interpretation will be different.

Big surprise there is JWP starting. You would have expected him to be rested given the amount of work he has got through in recent games. Can only assume Ralph and the physios think he is in better shape than the likes of Hojbjerg and Armstrong and can take another game.

Big surprise there is JWP starting. You would have expected him to be rested given the amount of work he has got through in recent games. Can only assume Ralph and the physios think he is in better shape than the likes of Hojbjerg and Armstrong and can take another game.

He ran more than anyone else in the PL apart from Kante, last time out. The bloke has a right to be knackered, hope he doesn't break down.

He ran more than anyone else in the PL apart from Kante, last time out. The bloke has a right to be knackered, hope he doesn't break down.

Yep. Strange decision. Deserves a rest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What formation? Is Smallbone CM or more attacking? Or JWP right mid?

Smallbone is more attack minded but before his injury was playing more of a general cm role. I'd be surprised if he was pushed out wide so my guess is 433 with Smallbone being allowed to play his natural game.

Danso once again out of position on the right. Would have preferred Cedric or Ramsay there.

Wonder what's going to happen with Danso in the window if we actually secure a fullback

I guess Valery is still ill? and we don't want to risk Cedric if we can help it.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk