Amazon PL Games

Wurzel

I liked Amazon coverage, but if the game is on then it's a bite to eat and a beer or two before trundling to the game. Otherwise life is a bit sedentary. Also if watching on TV, I wouldn't have been able to sit still and watch it for the last 20 mins. And let's face it TV is not as good as at the ground.

I thought it was superb for a maiden outing. Obviously the future and I remain shocked and frustrated that we still don't have it as fans in the UK. Currently we have to pay fortunes to attend 3pm kick offs, just so their is an atmosphere (debatable) for people watching in Asia.

I can't go to SMS at the moment for health reasons so am constrained to watch wherever I can. I signed up for Prime Video and the picture on our 55" Sony screen last night was amazing. Commentary not bad either.

On the downside, the stadium looked half empty. Live cheap streaming of every game especially at peak KO times might mean the end of football in packed stadia as we know it especially when the weather is as bad as it has been this winter.

The PL will have noted this and might be slightly alarmed. It is mostly about money but packed grounds is part of the sales package image surely. Will they be content just to airbrush out empty seats despite their apparent disdain of fans in general?

I thought it was superb for a maiden outing. Obviously the future and I remain shocked and frustrated that we still don't have it as fans in the UK. Currently we have to pay fortunes to attend 3pm kick offs, just so their is an atmosphere (debatable) for people watching in Asia.

What about supporting the team 'though, the players can't see or hear you on TV!

Was in perfect 4K for me with no buffering issues at all. I don't mind the slight delay as I don't have score notifications on my phone.

Have you seen test films viewed under controlled conditions in which 4K, HD and old fashioned TV have been inter-spliced without sign-posting; audiences were unable to tell which definition they were watching or when? Streaming 4K on our internet system is very difficult so are you sure you were watching 4K? Just asking.

What about supporting the team 'though, the players can't see or hear you on TV!

I've got a season ticket. After the sterile Bournemouth game I said I just couldn't watch the crossfield crap that is costing us points at home so I didn't go to Leicester, Everton, Watford and Norwich. The first half last night was going towards how they have to play. I don't want to see sideways then back to the keeper. First move unless impossible has to be forward at home. We create more pressure and better chances getting the ball up to the forwards.

I may well give WHU a miss, I want us playing high tempo, aggressive attacking football. The reason we can't get results at home is the sterile possession crap that rarely goes anywhere but back to the keeper or pinched by the opposition. Although I've paid for my seat I'm not going until the team plays the way it has to get results. I've supported Saints since the mid fifties and these last three seasons are the most consistently unwatchable trash that has masqueraded as football that we've had to put up with.

Edited by derry

I've got a season ticket. After the sterile Bournemouth game I said I just couldn't watch the crossfield crap that is costing us points at home so I didn't go to Leicester, Everton, Watford and Norwich. The first half last night was going towards how they have to play. I don't want to see sideways then back to the keeper. First move unless impossible has to be forward at home. We create more pressure and better chances getting the ball up to the forwards.

I may well give WHU a miss, I want us playing high tempo, aggressive attacking football. The reason we can't get results at home is the sterile possession crap that rarely goes anywhere but back to the keeper or pinched by the opposition. Although I've paid for my seat I'm not going until the team plays the way it has to get results. I've supported Saints since the mid fifties and these last three seasons are the most consistently unwatchable trash that has masqueraded as football that we've had to put up with.

Everything wrong with the entitled supporter.

Expect that attitude from twenty somethings not some old pensioner.

Yes heaven forbid our fans should expect to enjoy themselves when they watch us play anyone who has had a season ticket over the last few years has had incredibly poor value for money. Few wins and even less decent football. Can’t blame any who vote with their feet

Yes heaven forbid our fans should expect to enjoy themselves when they watch us play anyone who has had a season ticket over the last few years has had incredibly poor value for money. Few wins and even less decent football. Can’t blame any who vote with their feet

Don’t buy a fcking ST then and leave an empty seat.

So principled and only wants to be there if playing the type of football he approves of. Defend it all you want but sure he is a right moany cnt when there shouting abuse at those player ps who don’t exhibit the skill of Messi.

It's not entitled to see that we are being short changed by lazy, incompetent, under achieving multi millionaires who have been sucked in by the tika taka age without the ability or effort to play that way. We have to play the way that works for us rather than be relegated playing rubbish possession slow motion going nowhere. I pay for my seat whether I go or not. Hasnhutl is saying the right things, now he has to get back to getting his players to play that way or ship out those that don't. A right back and strong centre back is vital in January. A non figure head captain would help.

So principled and only wants to be there if playing the type of football he approves of. Defend it all you want but sure he is a right moany cnt when there shouting abuse at those player ps who don’t exhibit the skill of Messi.

Read what I said. It's not Messi I want, it's to see a home team going high tempo and aggressive. The fact that Hasnhuttl is trying to get them to play that way is enough. now the players have to deliver. Up to this week we had taken one point at home all season and hadn't won since April. Because of the way we are playing.

Tbf mate we ain’t exactly selling out, so an empty seat makes no difference, expect that the club gets money for the seat but none of the wear and tear! Surely that’s a win for any Uber fan??

And any fan wants to see football they approve of surely? For most of us that means passion and commitment from each member of the team, which we ain’t been seeing from the largely overpaid dross we are blessed with. It’s not about expecting the worlds finest in read and white, though that would be good!

I’m trying to watch the Arsenal game at the moment and I’m not impressed. I’m using the built-in app in the TiVo V6 box. The picture quality is not that great and the sound ambience is very thin. You don’t feel like your part of the crowd. It reminds me somewhat of the time we were invited to watch a game at White Hart Lane from a six seater box. We were sealed behind glass and listening to the sound through the TV on the wall. It was like watching a game through a window.

The other problem is that I can’t find a way to pause, rewind or record the programme.

I’m trying to watch the Arsenal game at the moment and I’m not impressed. I’m using the built-in app in the TiVo V6 box. The picture quality is not that great and the sound ambience is very thin. You don’t feel like your part of the crowd. It reminds me somewhat of the time we were invited to watch a game at White Hart Lane from a six seater box. We were sealed behind glass and listening to the sound through the TV on the wall. It was like watching a game through a window.

The other problem is that I can’t find a way to pause, rewind or record the programme.

I used the smart tv smart hub app and the reception was very good. I don't know what remote control you use but I can only describe using the tv remote. press any of the up down L R arrows this brings up on the bottom of the screen the play or pause symbol with wind back or forward arrow either side. select using L or R then OK button. That takes care of the wind back etc. If you want to see again etc go to the app, select sport, select the match you will then have a choice of the match,3 min highlights, extended highlights, post match manager interviews, post match player interviews, each individual goal, pre match build up, etc etc. just select what you want to watch, for whichever match you want and it's all there.

Edited by derry

I used the smart tv smart hub app and the reception was very good. I don't know what remote control you use but I can only describe using the tv remote. press any of the up down L R arrows this brings up on the bottom of the screen the play or pause symbol with wind back or forward arrow either side. select using L or R then OK button. That takes care of the wind back etc. If you want to see again etc go to the app, select sport, select the match you will then have a choice of the match,3 min highlights, extended highlights, post match manager interviews, post match player interviews, each individual goal, pre match build up, etc etc. just select what you want to watch, for whichever match you want and it's all there.

Thanks. My app is in the Virgin TiVo box and doesn’t offer these options at the bottom. I have the full choice at the top of the screen. I shall have a go at the Firestick.

I still can’t see how to ‘record’ (download) so that I can catch up on events later. Catch-up isn’t as versatile.

I watched the Norwich game on Prime via our TV, pretty good going for the most part. Crashed once and had serious Channel 5 style snowy picture for about 5 minutes (anyone who watched UEFA Cup games back in the late 90s, you may know what I mean :lol:).

7/10 for me, good content and hopefully more stable live feed in future.

Thanks. My app is in the Virgin TiVo box and doesn’t offer these options at the bottom. I have the full choice at the top of the screen. I shall have a go at the Firestick.

I still can’t see how to ‘record’ (download) so that I can catch up on events later. Catch-up isn’t as versatile.

You cannot download it, but can watch a replay at any time for now. That will disappear I’m sure at some point but whilst it’s there it functions the same as a download, assuming you have a decent enough broadband speed to stream

You cannot download it, but can watch a replay at any time for now. That will disappear I’m sure at some point but whilst it’s there it functions the same as a download, assuming you have a decent enough broadband speed to stream

Thanks. When I looked in late on Wednesday the catchup was not available.

As I said earlier, the Virgin implementation that I was using did not provide for video scanning or pausing so I shall have to try another route. The picture quality also was not what I have become accustomed to.

Edit: If I tune in halfway through a live game can I start at the beginning of the match, does anyone know?

Didn't watch the Saints game because I was at the match but I liked the longer interview with Ralph after the match and the ability to select the player interviews or the full replay or just highlights.

Quality was good via my Virgin V6 box but mustn't forget to cancel my free trial at the end of the month.

Thanks. When I looked in late on Wednesday the catchup was not available.

As I said earlier, the Virgin implementation that I was using did not provide for video scanning or pausing so I shall have to try another route. The picture quality also was not what I have become accustomed to.

Edit: If I tune in halfway through a live game can I start at the beginning of the match, does anyone know?

Yes, there is a watch from the beginning button on the home screen. Have you got a smart tv that has it's own apps.