Happy Anniversary Ralph Hasenhüttl

Heisenberg

Took over one year today.

How do you rate his first year here?

We were 18th when he took over - 17th now.

Player improvement: 5/10

Transfers: 4/10

Like ability: 9/10

Playing style: 6/10

Results: 6/10

High: Portsmouth 0-4

Low: Leicester 0-9

League:

Played 43

Won 14

Drawn 10

Lost 19

Scored 62

Conceded 81

Points 52

PPG 1.2

We were dead certs for relegation when he joined. So to give improvement / results a 5/10 or 6/10 is poor. Since he's been here the club have weakened the squad bar the signing of djenpo. He's a miracle worker if he keeps us up in both 2 seasons with this squad.

The 43 games you quote above is the total number of games (including cups). RH has been in charge for 38 Premier League games (as it happens, a season's worth) and this includes his first match an away defeat at Cardiff when he had only been in charge for a couple of days.

From these 38 games, he has won 45 points. This is significantly better than Eddie Howe (38 from 38).

We were dead certs for relegation when he joined. So to give improvement / results a 5/10 or 6/10 is poor. Since he's been here the club have weakened the squad bar the signing of djenpo. He's a miracle worker if he keeps us up in both 2 seasons with this squad.

We've only lost Lemina, Targett, Moi and Austin. I'd rather have Adams and Jenny than those two.

Anyway, happy anniversary Ralph. I still think we're better off with him than with BFS or some other rent-a-coach.

The 43 games you quote above is the total number of games (including cups). RH has been in charge for 38 Premier League games (as it happens, a season's worth) and this includes his first match an away defeat at Cardiff when he had only been in charge for a couple of days.

From these 38 games, he has won 45 points. This is significantly better than Eddie Howe (38 from 38).

Good spot thanks.

Sorry assumed it was league only.

45 points is one off our 2016/17 finish (8th place) and we had Tadic, VVD, Fonte back then

Performed a minor miracle dragging the team out of what was looking like almost certain relegation last season. I think our expectations were maybe a little too high this season, the rot is pretty deep at this club.

I hope the club sticks with him, I think he'll steer us clear again but let's not expect much more with the squad we have.

Overall I’d say 6/10... last season 7/10 this season 4/10.

I don’t think there is a manager out there who could do a better job with the hand he’s been given. A little bit lost at times, needs help.

Back him in January.

Performed a minor miracle dragging the team out of what was looking like almost certain relegation last season. I think our expectations were maybe a little too high this season, the rot is pretty deep at this club.

I hope the club sticks with him, I think he'll steer us clear again but let's not expect much more with the squad we have.

When was this? We were poor but so were the three that eventually did go down. In the end we were comfortably clear of Cardiff, despite managing to somehow lose to them twice.

1.2 points per game with this squad is pretty solid to be honest.

And that is with a bias towards having harder fixtures this year.

I am glad we have stuck by him and are not doing a Watford, long term I think it will prove to be a good decision, especially if we sort the recruitment out.

Without him we'd have gone down last year. He got us from relegation certainties to top 8 form. I thought we were in for a steadier year this season but that has not worked out, but anyone thinking we'd be better without him is bordering on insane. Love the guy, he needs support and he needs backing. If we had a chairman who isn't a hologram we'd be doing far better.

Without him we'd have gone down last year. He got us from relegation certainties to top 8 form. I thought we were in for a steadier year this season but that has not worked out, but anyone thinking we'd be better without him is bordering on insane. Love the guy, he needs support and he needs backing. If we had a chairman who isn't a hologram we'd be doing far better.

Not according to Lighthouse apparently :rolleyes:

He's made mistakes, he should play Boufal more but I think that's changing, he's messed around with the defence too much. But that stuff happens with a poor to average squad and looking for solutions.

He's been a 6/10 overall but with definite ability and profile to improve it. And he comes after 2/10 Hughes and Pellegrino. Hughes only gets more than 1 for keeping us up, just, because we deserved to go down and barely won any games anyway, just got lucky Swansea were as bad.

Definite ability? Seriously?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

This is a valid point, and needs to be stressed. 45 points in a season is a solid achievement with the squad he has at his disposal. We've had a tough start to the season, and the issues with the club/players runs deeper than something that could be uplifted by the better finish to last season that we enjoyed. Given everything, I think we're lucky to have him, and it makes me sad to see him looking so dejected and bummed out recently.

He needs to be allowed to bring in a couple of players over January of his own choosing. Players he personally rates and identifies as ways to strengthen the team. I'm sure we'll sign nobody (maybe see Josh Sims go out on loan again most likely), but I think he needs everyone's backing right now. We owe him for last season.

This is a valid point, and needs to be stressed. 45 points in a season is a solid achievement with the squad he has at his disposal. We've had a tough start to the season, and the issues with the club/players runs deeper than something that could be uplifted by the better finish to last season that we enjoyed. Given everything, I think we're lucky to have him, and it makes me sad to see him looking so dejected and bummed out recently.

He needs to be allowed to bring in a couple of players over January of his own choosing. Players he personally rates and identifies as ways to strengthen the team. I'm sure we'll sign nobody (maybe see Josh Sims go out on loan again most likely), but I think he needs everyone's backing right now. We owe him for last season.

Of course that's 45 points over 38 games spread over two seasons but as an indication it compares to 46 points under Puel which gave us 8th place. I would argue that the football has been more exciting and watchable under Ralph.

Yeh 45 points from 38 games is not bad, especially considering the first 13 this season have included the entire top 9 from last year, you'd expect maybe the points per game to creep up a little once we have played everyone in the league as the 4 teams we haven't played yet are Newcastle, Villa, West Ham and Palace.