Worst feeling for an opposition goal?

Dusic

Heath at Highbury, 84.

This.

There was a real feeling that our name was on the cup that year; drawn away from home in each round, that 4th round tie 92min winner at Portsmyth; and then Adrian ****ing Heath pops up. I'm still gutted.

The 4-3 at Tranmere after being 3 up all those years ago under Hoddle took a lot of getting over

Actually that one didn't hurt so much, as it was on the cards from the moment they scored their 1st goal. Our players had completely switched off at HT, but the home crowd were still giving magnificent support,

and we just crumbled under the pressure and couldn't find the "On" button again. Tranmere deserved the win as far as I was concerned. It was a bit easier for me as I only had a 40 min drive home on a cold Jan night,

but for those who came up from God's country it must have been a horrible trip back.

Outside afterwards their fans were ecstatic at the thought of playing Liverpool next round, and forgetting where I was for a moment I said to a few of them .."I hope you beat the scouse barstewards next round"

They were too happy to give a damn or do they not count themselves as scousers?

The 4-3 at Tranmere after being 3 up all those years ago under Hoddle took a lot of getting over

Actually that one didn't hurt so much, as it was on the cards from the moment they scored their 1st goal. Our players had completely switched off at HT, but the home crowd were still giving magnificent support,

and we just crumbled under the pressure and couldn't find the "On" button again. Tranmere deserved the win as far as I was concerned. It was a bit easier for me as I only had a 40 min drive home on a cold Jan night,

but for those who came up from God's country it must have been a horrible trip back.

Outside afterwards their fans were ecstatic at the thought of playing Liverpool next round, and forgetting where I was for a moment I said to a few of them .."I hope you beat the scouse barstewards next round"

Just the name Adrian Heath makes me feel slightly sick to the stomach. I guess I was of that age when it hurts like hell to lose any game never mind the biggest of my life at that time. The Andy Richie goal was equally hard to take. More recently the Norris goal was gutting. We were going up, playing sensational stuff and it was just such a wasted opportunity to get one over on those ****s. Not nearly as painful as Heaths goal though.

Late goals, like defeats, are harder to take when you are there in person, so for me, these are my top three.

My first semi-final was in 1984. I thought we would win it, Everton were a nothing club (but about to go on their best post-war cup winning streak). That still hurts, as everyone has said.

Norwich away, 9 men. awful. Made mildly amusing by a policeman's helmet flying down the terrace in a post match scuffle and the bloke near me shoving it up his jumper and taking it home as a trophy.

But my winner goes to Oldham's Andy Ritchie. As BeatleSaint mentioned, the most extra-ordinary amount of additional time and a 97th minute equaliser, took us back to a plastic pitch reply at Boundary Park.

I went to the away game, on the coach, full of tonsillitis, and the chaps near me were smoking all the way up. Boundary Park was -14 degrees (it never gets above freezing), and the coach home decided to go via the M5 and a "short-cut" through Cheltenham town centre. Where the coach got stuck in a narrow road.

Got home about four days later.

I hate Andy Ritchie. bald headed ****

...cup qtr final replay at Carrow Road vs Norwich. 2nd Div...Goss spooned his shot and it pretty much hit Sutton and looped up and over Flowers. Gutted!

Yes Ottawa, I was there and it was a sickener, I still think about it every time I hear Chris Sutton on the radio, he mis-hit it into the ground and as you say it looped up and into the net in slow motion. Also didn't enjoy the "atmosphere" in Norwich city centre as I walked home (I live in Norwich).

Yes Ottawa, I was there and it was a sickener, I still think about it every time I hear Chris Sutton on the radio, he mis-hit it into the ground and as you say it looped up and into the net in slow motion. Also didn't enjoy the "atmosphere" in Norwich city centre as I walked home (I live in Norwich).

We should have beaten them in the first game, Sunderland in the semi final, it could have been Pompey, imagine that, hants police wouldn’t know what hit them!

Heath for sure, but a couple of real sickeners from the 60's/70s for you.

FA cup 1968 4th round replay at home v WBA ( Pompey in the next round) Astle 89th minute 2-3.

Inter Cities Fairs Cup1970 3rd round second leg First leg away 0-0. 1-0 up in 2nd leg then Pop Robson 84th minute 1-1, out on away goals.

But I find the present day, with modern technology when we are a goal up away from home at games I don't attend absolute torture.

What can you do with yourself? wait for the inevitable bleep as notification of another goal comes up on your phone,watch Sky or final score waiting for the worst, listen to commentary on Solent dreading every time the opposition has the ball, or just hide in a darkened room till you know the game is over?

It's no fun being a Saints fan.

Luton FA Cup 4th round 87/88. Saints fans were only allowed in the ground under duress as they had banned away fans for league games. 1-0 up on their plastic pitch as the final minutes approached and we managed to lose 2-1.

Do you live near Kenilworth Rd? Just saw your username and thought "Hmmm".

Luton FA Cup 4th round 87/88. Saints fans were only allowed in the ground under duress as they had banned away fans for league games. 1-0 up on their plastic pitch as the final minutes approached and we managed to lose 2-1.

Remember the league cup quarter final replay against Luton at dell, think it was the season after. We buttered them, had a perfectly good goal ruled out about 20 minutes from the end of normal time, lost 2-1 in extra time. That was a gutting result.

Remember the league cup quarter final replay against Luton at dell, think it was the season after. We buttered them, had a perfectly good goal ruled out about 20 minutes from the end of normal time, lost 2-1 in extra time. That was a gutting result.

Yes it was the next season. Three seasons in a row we went out of the League Cup due to malicious refereeing decisions. Luton goal disallowed. Oldham, the prancing ninny Roger Milford played until they equalised. Manchester United a fictitious sending off for Jimmy Case.

Yes it was the next season. Three seasons in a row we went out of the League Cup due to malicious refereeing decisions. Luton goal disallowed. Oldham, the prancing ninny Roger Milford played until they equalised. Manchester United a fictitious sending off for Jimmy Case.

Roger f*cking Milford. Even all these years after that name still raises a rage inside me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk