Che Adams

Mr X

always one of the first?

I have not with Adams at all. Play the ball not the man, not hard!

I do not think he will be here next season, He will be lucky to get 3-5 goals in his time here....and I tipped him to be our top scorer when he signed.

Stop crying about it and watch then. He is lacking in confidence doesnt get in position that he would if he had confidence and scoring and we created bugger all for him yet you were first to post you played man first and couldn’t wait to say he was poor .

Stop bleating and give him a bit of a chance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stop crying about it and watch then. He is lacking in confidence doesnt get in position that he would if he had confidence and scoring and we created bugger all for him yet you were first to post you played man first and couldn’t wait to say he was poor .

Stop bleating and give him a bit of a chance

I am not crying and by far the only one bleating. Just making a comment on a message board.

Games like today are his big chance to shine. He never looked like scoring, never troubled the keeper, don't think he had a shot. I find it strange that we were very quick to bomb Carrillo out (less than 9 games), but we are willing to persist with Chay. He maybe just devoid of confidence but he needs to start producing more (goals or assists) soon.

Sent from my SM-T590 using Tapatalk

Carillo was poor before he joined us, poor while he was with us and has continued to be poor at Leganes. Adams came to us as the Championships in-form striker with 22 goals. I know they're different levels but that's more goals than Carillo has scored in his last 6 seasons combined. My expectations were low when we signed Carillo but when we signed Adams, I was genuinely hopeful.

Edited by Disco Stu

anyone who was at the game yesterday must have felt for Che. It was an appalling game of football with only 2 standout players, JWP and Romeo who both controlled the game. Che got bugger all service all game long, Boufal had one of those games where he just looked disinterested. The right back playing out of position was just bloody awful and couldn't trap a bag of cement.

Che is young, he is strong and as per the Chelsea game holds the ball up excellently and brings others into the game. It was a huge pity we did not have the likes of Redmond and Dneppo out there yesterday supplying Che because I have no doubt he would have scored. We were woeful yesterday in supplying the front two and all yesterday did was show how weak our back up players are!

anyone who was at the game yesterday must have felt for Che. It was an appalling game of football with only 2 standout players, JWP and Romeo who both controlled the game. Che got bugger all service all game long, Boufal had one of those games where he just looked disinterested. The right back playing out of position was just bloody awful and couldn't trap a bag of cement.

Che is young, he is strong and as per the Chelsea game holds the ball up excellently and brings others into the game. It was a huge pity we did not have the likes of Redmond and Dneppo out there yesterday supplying Che because I have no doubt he would have scored. We were woeful yesterday in supplying the front two and all yesterday did was show how weak our back up players are!

Rookie mistake, letting reality cloud your judgement like that!

Sorry - Mane's class was evident from day 1 at St Marys.

I remember listening to Talksport or 5live on the drive home from the League Cup game at Sheffield United. He got dogs abuse. The comments on here weren’t much better. Many wrote him off after that game.

I remember listening to Talksport or 5live on the drive home from the League Cup game at Sheffield United. He got dogs abuse. The comments on here weren’t much better. Many wrote him off after that game.

https://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?52726-Sheffield-United-V-Saints-Match-Thread&highlight=Sheffield+United#.XhH_HiSnyEc

Quite amusing reading that back. My highlight being ‘Is Mayuka actually any worse than Mane’, ‘The more Koeman plays Mane, the more I think Koeman is a clueless tit’ and ‘Watching Mane gives me hope that I can still make it as a pro’.

https://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?52726-Sheffield-United-V-Saints-Match-Thread&highlight=Sheffield+United#.XhH_HiSnyEc

Quite amusing reading that back. My highlight being ‘Is Mayuka actually any worse than Mane’, ‘The more Koeman plays Mane, the more I think Koeman is a clueless tit’ and ‘Watching Mane gives me hope that I can still make it as a pro’.

Eh, I didn't scour too far back, but by October of his debut season with us, people were already touting Mane as being a future big money player (£30m still being a fair whack in 2015). There were a few randoms who spouted off about him, but he showed touches of class from his very first substitute appearance for us. For what it's worth, I think Djenepo has looked almost as promising, albeit with more injury disruption.

On the other hand, I thought Adams' finishing looked rubbish when I saw his goals for Brum on YouTube, and I've not seen any of those promising moments for us that might persuade me he has the technique to make it in the PL. He just looks like another average Championship striker that a PL club has taken a punt on - the transfer history of the league is littered with them.

Thanks for the reminder. Tis entry amused me -with hindsight of course:

Quote Originally Posted by saint**** View Post

Yep totally. Matt Grimes to Saints with Mane to Exeter in January would be even better if a bit harsh on Exeter. Seriously, I'm not sure he's good enough for L2 on this evidence and recent games. Someone compared him and Papa Waigo - Papa had his faults but he was miles better than this bloke and I watched most of our games home and away in 2009/10. At least he got into dangerous positions despite the offsides and got a few goals. How crud can the Austrian League be? Would prefer to have Antonio to him, not that I think he is PL calibre either.

Hilarious stuff on that thread

The post-match thread is also entertaining...

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/topic?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Esaintsweb%2Eco%2Euk%2Fshowthread%2Ephp%3Ft%3D52730&share_tid=52730&share_fid=3658&share_type=t&link_source=app

Saints had slumped to 5th in the table and been dumped out of the League Cup. The season was on the verge of collapse. We finished 7th. Gotta love a SWF meltdown... [emoji38]

Edited by trousers

It’s funny how those that never have any opinions are the quickest to judge others
Turns out that because people five years ago said we were terrible against Sheffield United in a league cup game then that means Che Adams is actually as good as Sadio Mane after all or something.

Eh, I didn't scour too far back, but by October of his debut season with us, people were already touting Mane as being a future big money player (£30m still being a fair whack in 2015). There were a few randoms who spouted off about him, but he showed touches of class from his very first substitute appearance for us. For what it's worth, I think Djenepo has looked almost as promising, albeit with more injury disruption.

On the other hand, I thought Adams' finishing looked rubbish when I saw his goals for Brum on YouTube, and I've not seen any of those promising moments for us that might persuade me he has the technique to make it in the PL. He just looks like another average Championship striker that a PL club has taken a punt on - the transfer history of the league is littered with them.

From memory, Mane's debut was v Arsenal in the League Cup late 2014 (2-1 SFC) - he won the penalty with a mazy run and showed enough to stamp him as an outstanding talent. The Sheffield U. game was a cold, midweek cup tie in the North, and the whole side were rubbish that night. I remember writing that he could become as good an attacking talent as Eden Hazard - and he proved it......everyone gets a wild guess right now and again!

I think you are right about Djenepo - he has got that raw talent, quick feet and movement which reminds you of a younger Mane. Also agree that Che Adams doesn't have those attributes and looks like becoming one of the highly rated Championship strikers who don't make it in the Prem.

For the sake of comparison and perspective, Solanke cost Bournemouth £19m and scored his first goal after a year against Luton.

Che cost less and is stepping up a level too.

I think he needs to be given time and also the opportunity to play in a team that is playing well and creating. He played for us in a slump and then in a changed team that was trying to break down a very defensive Huddersfield.

From memory, Mane's debut was v Arsenal in the League Cup late 2014 (2-1 SFC) - he won the penalty with a mazy run and showed enough to stamp him as an outstanding talent. The Sheffield U. game was a cold, midweek cup tie in the North, and the whole side were rubbish that night. I remember writing that he could become as good an attacking talent as Eden Hazard - and he proved it......everyone gets a wild guess right now and again!

I think you are right about Djenepo - he has got that raw talent, quick feet and movement which reminds you of a younger Mane. Also agree that Che Adams doesn't have those attributes and looks like becoming one of the highly rated Championship strikers who don't make it in the Prem.

Yep, was at the Emirates that day, he came on and immediately looked exciting. However I do also recall a game at Hull where he was pretty dreadful, and that was after several games of being poor. That was the first time I started to wonder if maybe he wasn't going to fulfil that initial promise. Definitely more similarities with Djenepo than Adams.

I think Adams has some decent moments, a bit of fortune wouldn't go amiss for him right now, then see how he does when he has a bit more belief. While I'm not confident of him turning it around, I'm still hopeful. Carrillo has been the only recent signing that I've been prepared to write off after a short time!

For the sake of comparison and perspective, Solanke cost Bournemouth £19m and scored his first goal after a year against Luton.

Che cost less and is stepping up a level too.

I think he needs to be given time and also the opportunity to play in a team that is playing well and creating. He played for us in a slump and then in a changed team that was trying to break down a very defensive Huddersfield.

Bournemouths signings have been utterly dreadful (their big buys anyway).

Solanke, Ibe, Danjuma, even Lerma hasn't been amazing. Their success is still produced by the core of Wilson, Brooks, Fraser, King, Cook, Ake etc. Their big buys haven't really improved them at all, which for a club the size of Bournemouth has the potetential to be catastrophic.

Solanke, Ibe, Danjuma, even Lerma hasn't been amazing. Their success is still produced by the core of Wilson, Brooks, Fraser, King, Cook, Ake etc. Their big buys haven't really improved them at all, which for a club the size of Bournemouth has the potetential to be catastrophic.

Nathan Aké was their record signing at £20 million when he signed for them in 2017. I’d say he was a big buy.....

I wonder if their big buys have taken away their close knit “us against the world” mentality which seemed to work for them so well

Turns out that because people five years ago said we were terrible against Sheffield United in a league cup game then that means Che Adams is actually as good as Sadio Mane after all or something.

Where did you read that.... I will help you out........... You didn't :rolleyes:

On tonight’s showing thus far,if true that Leeds want him on loan,he will score she’d loads for them.

They create so many chances and only have Bamford as a recognised striker now.

He will be in his element.

I don’t want him to go out on loan,but Leeds would be ideal to regain his confidence.

On tonight’s showing thus far,if true that Leeds want him on loan,he will score she’d loads for them.

They create so many chances and only have Bamford as a recognised striker now.

He will be in his element.

I don’t want him to go out on loan,but Leeds would be ideal to regain his confidence.

I heard a Leeds journalist on 5Live earlier. He said it was known up there that they'd like to bring Che Adams in on loan although due to the style of play Bielsa uses and preference for a single striker they wouldn't be able to guarentee him any more playing time than he gets with us so thought it would be "a hard sell" to convince him to go there.

Let's be honest, he has been pretty poor so far. I fail to see what his usp is?

Being kind - no more than average speed, strength, touch, holdup play, passing at this level. Poor in the air, not enough shots, poor shooting, zero goals, 2 assists. Half a season gone.

On the condition we can get a better player in then if Leeds want him, they can buy him or loan with an obligation to buy if they get promoted.

Look forward to his winner tomorrow and a run in the team!

How long did it take before we all liked Mane, 12 months?

I like Mané instantly. As I did Pelle, Ings and Tadic. I think we should be patient with Adams as he joined a severely mentally depleted squad and manager and coaches in a state of flux. Our coaching alone can’t be helping as it has been widely reported and criticised for having dropped in standards due to lack of investment across all facets of the club.

I was very keen to get Adams in and he’s not the temperament, quality and level I expected but he’s by no means crap and I’m willing to be patient but the club are not in a position to risk playing or starting him as his continuous starts & lack of goals twinned with our poor defence, pushed us into relegation contention. Sometimes you to have introduce or manage players more sparingly but our coaching seems to be all or nothing which doesn’t seem very wise from a confidence building or psychological level. Look at how Gabbiadini, Boufal, Ings (at stages), Adams, Armstrong, etc. have been playing then left totally in the cold. They should be managed better. Both physically and mentally.

For that reason, loaning Adams out to one of the most astute managers in the world at Leeds, Bielsa, would benefit Che’s development and self confidence. I sadly have to admit, Leeds would get much more out of him than our current coaching set up would. If he remains a Southampton player after, great, but I fear some of our issues run deeper than just mediocre or poor recruitment. I’m concerned how we are managing young footballers mentally as well as the more established new transfers. Looking at the Liverpool prospects & their bursting self confidence & how well Curtis Jones did and his general demeanour, why are we not producing players with that skill and self belief?! We used to compliment ourselves enough in the Echo. We had england under 21s and many hot prospects. We brought in Ramello Mitchell, Christoph Klarer (who’s contract finishes early summer I think) and we hear nothing from the club and such hot prospects fade to obscurity. It feels something is wrong or missing. Will Smallbone was apparently best of the bunch and his development should be far more ahead than it is.

So, don’t just criticise Adams. He may come good but he also had to battle through a lot of negativity at the club and in the terraces after 2 successive relegations and a tidal wave of mismanagement, under-investment and negligence from a board room with collectively zero football experience and it shows. Our issues run deeper than transfers and youth development. Until we sort out our coaching and improve the calibre from within, which we may have started if the defence improvement is a barometer of some attention and short term success, then we will continue to kill the confidence of players and seemingly appoint inadequate players. Sometimes, the issues run deeper than what’s in front of your nose.

Personally, I would let Adams go to Leeds in a loan capacity. Bielsa will sort him out mentally and tactically. Being 3rd or 4th choice behind 2 strikers who are far from prolific (Obafemi & Long) can’t help his confidence as Ralph and the forwards haven’t played to suit Adams style, IMHO. Ralph can’t bemoan Adams being loaned out when he shelved him from first to 4th choice striker. Yes, he’s been used as sub & player over Christmas. Let the lad rebuild his confidence & have an injury recall option. Games and goals. Games and goals. Otherwise he will fester & fade like so many others.

It’s funny how those that never have any opinions are the quickest to judge others

There’s a fair bit of that on here. A strangely passively aggressive or snarky response, often accompanied by fellow trolls making barbed comments to opinions they don’t agree with or have the intellect to engage. So, ridicule it or smash it up #TheSouthamptonWay #WeFearAcceptance :lol:

while offering nothing of substance themselves. Focus on your own path rather than that of others.

There’s a fair bit of that on here. A strangely passively aggressive or snarky response, often accompanied by fellow trolls making barbed comments to opinions they don’t agree with or have the intellect to engage. So, ridicule it or smash it up #TheSouthamptonWay #WeFearAcceptance :lol:

while offering nothing of substance themselves. Focus on your own path rather than that of others.

That’s aimed at the Tosser Saint generation plural rather than you directly Walter White! ;) Don’t need stick from the more seasoned posters that actually know how to debate rather than those that do a different kind of debate and seem to get a chubby from trying to wind people up. Bored myself there! Lol

That’s aimed at the Tosser Saint generation plural rather than you directly Walter White! ;) Don’t need stick from the more seasoned posters that actually know how to debate rather than those that do a different kind of debate and seem to get a chubby from trying to wind people up. Bored myself there! Lol

It's all good Gordon. I always enjoy your posts.

Right/wrong/good/bad at least you have an opinion on SFC

Latest on Che: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7874725/Leeds-target-Che-Adams-ask-leave-wants-Southampton-exit.html

It's all good Gordon. I always enjoy your posts.

Right/wrong/good/bad at least you have an opinion on SFC

Latest on Che: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7874725/Leeds-target-Che-Adams-ask-leave-wants-Southampton-exit.html

Thank you. I just can’t abide these brainless little East Ender tyrants that focus on other people rather than the club or football matters. The Echo is unreadable (for many reasons) due to kids and trolls squabbling and you struggle to find the football content. Mini fascists and PR morons except they haven’t the intelligence to actually do the job well.

See Adams on the bench today. Long starting. Interesting choice but I can understand why and, let’s be fair, they see the players daily and know much more than us. Djenepo a great impact sub. Assuming he’s wanting Long’s pace and work rate as Obafemi, Adams or Boufal not ball winning players and we will need it against the aggressive midfield of Leicester. I hope we squeeze a point, ideally 3, out of this. It is possible. Revenge and pressure is on them & their confidence was definitely knocked by Liverpool tonking them.

Seeing Ralph interviewed just now. I do like the bloke. Honest and genuine. Big credit to coming back from rock bottom and fighting back mentally against all that pressure. That takes massive mental fortitude. I don’t think people realise how difficult that is. Fair play to the geeezer. Not all things from Austria are bad!!! :rolleyes:

2-2 Saints today. Adams to score his first SFC goal as an impact sub. Assist from Djenepo. Carlsberg don’t do football predictions, but if they did.......(hoping it would be 2-3 rather and 3 points rather than a draw. I’d personally be happy with a point. Pressure is on Leicester)

Great assist again today. He picks a pass better than Long does at least!

Stream went down just before we scored so didn't know he assisted our 2nd. Lovely touch to put Redmond away for the Ings chance well saved by Schmeicel (sp) as well. Did well today no doubt.