Che Adams

Mr X

Just seen the Adams pass to Armstrong again on Facebook. Cracking pass, weighted perfectly and into a great area of space. I really hope he gets his first goal soon, but the problem he has is that Ings is our top scorer and prefers playing with Long, so he is reduced to bit part appearances. I can see him getting a chance though towards the end of the season, especially after safety is mathematically guaranteed, so I hope he takes it. I'd have him as third choice over Obafemi, even if the latter has more goals this season.

He's the sort of player that could start next season with a bang and go on to be a 20 goal striker, it just needs to click for him.

According to the BBC website, Jamie Vardy is on a 9-game goalless run. He obviously has a lot more game time than Che. Luck plays a great part in which attempts on goal go in the net, and the best of strikers can't guarantee how often he will be the player who is on the end of a goal scoring attempt. As others have said, Che pays an important part in the team when he gets a chance, as shown by his making of the goal for Stuart Armstrong against Villa. He is third in line striker, behind Ings and Long but as the song says, His Day Will Come.

I hope he comes good, but he just doesn’t seem to get into real goal scoring opportunities. Armstrong does this better. There are admittedly signs of a good footballing brain with a couple of excellent assists, so perhaps it is game time he needs, but the problem is we cannot afford to have a striker on the pitch who doesn’t score goals and win games of football.

It's not good that we are still having this conversation about Adams. Surely we have seen all he has to offer by now, others like Carillo & Mo were written off on here long before in their relative times here.

From my observations he is very slow to react to situations and is always behind the game. Rarely is he one step ahead anticipating what might happen. It's like his brain thinks "ah! against the ball better chase after that bloke" rather than instinctively knowing what to do next as transition takes place, as Ings does or Djenepo is storming down the ing is I better get into the box by which time of course it's far too late. I used to think he was just lazy minded but now wonder if he will ever be able to change from just being reactive.

Over the last 8 games he has averaged 13 mins as a sub and has 2 assists, I expect we will see more of him over the next few months, I think he just needs to get that goal monkey off his

Interestingly that currently is more assists than Redmond, Ings, Hojberg, Armstrong and a whole heap more.

Interestingly our lead assist player is Jack Stephens on 3, JWP only has 2 assists !!!

Edit - Went off on a tangent on PL assists this season.

De Bruyne with 16 is ridiculous but Buendia at Norwich with 7 in that team is pretty sweet and maybe worth a look if they go down

Edited by Convict Colony

Over the last 8 games he has averaged 13 mins as a sub and has 2 assists, I expect we will see more of him over the next few months, I think he just needs to get that goal monkey off his

Interestingly that currently is more assists than Redmond, Ings, Hojberg, Armstrong and a whole heap more.

Interestingly our lead assist player is Jack Stephens on 3, JWP only has 2 assists !!!

Edit - Went off on a tangent on PL assists this season.

De Bruyne with 16 is ridiculous but Buendia at Norwich with 7 in that team is pretty sweet and maybe worth a look if they go down

Buendia has also created more chances than anyone in the league besides De Bruyne. Could be a new Tadic, should definitely go for him.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

He looks heavier than he did at the start of the season - got outpaced by Eric Dier a month ago, which was pretty worrying.

Because if he's not fast, doesn't get into goalscoring positions and absolutely doesn't score, what have we bought?

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

He looks heavier than he did at the start of the season - got outpaced by Eric Dier a month ago, which was pretty worrying.

Because if he's not fast, doesn't get into goalscoring positions and absolutely doesn't score, what have we bought?

He didn't look particularly fast to begin with.

Mrs JBS said she thought both Che and Obafemi both looked knackered within minutes of coming on v Villa and just having a couple of runs - a Customer I saw yesterday who was also at the game on Saturday said the same without prompting.

If the rumours about Valery having Glandular Fever are true, it is infectious with a protracted incubation period and generally affects mainly young adults. Who knows.

Very strange that the pair of them looked jiggered so quickly.

Just a thought

If the rumours about Valery having Glandular Fever are true, it is infectious with a protracted incubation period and generally affects mainly young adults. Who knows.

The kissing disease? I knew we were headed for trouble when players stopped celebrating goals with just a firm handshake and a nod...

Mrs JBS said she thought both Che and Obafemi both looked knackered within minutes of coming on v Villa and just having a couple of runs - a Customer I saw yesterday who was also at the game on Saturday said the same without prompting.

Just a thought

Blimey, that's a bit of a stretch! I have my doubts how much of a virus Valery actually had, but if it's glandular fever, I rather doubt that 1. Che and Obafemi have caught it, but 2. If they have, that they're playing football still.

Blimey, that's a bit of a stretch! I have my doubts how much of a virus Valery actually had, but if it's glandular fever, I rather doubt that 1. Che and Obafemi have caught it, but 2. If they have, that they're playing football still.

Like I said just a thought, and you are right if they had it they would be nowhere near the team. But rather concerning still that both of them looked like they were blowing out of their backsides after a couple of runs - Obafemi looked like he was a 40 a day chap and had been since the age of 5!

Buendia has also created more chances than anyone in the league besides De Bruyne. Could be a new Tadic, should definitely go for him.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

I thought Buendia looked good when he came on against us. At the time I didn't know who he was - I remember trying to work out what his name was! - and then discovering that he had a great assist record, so wasn't a case of confirmation bias!

The kissing disease? I knew we were headed for trouble when players stopped celebrating goals with just a firm handshake and a nod...

No handshake with Covid. Elbow bump or wave from a distance

What the hell does he have to do to get a full run in the team and a chance?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just as baffled as you mate ....and to think Long is ahead of him and Obafemi at times............shocking.

• 9 months later...
1 hour ago, Jeremy Corbyn said:

Very competitive position atm. He has a Scottish grandparent, apparently that angles being tried.

I hope for his sake he chooses Scotland over England, he’ll get much more game time and will surely play a big part for them in the Euros if he’s called up. 

The alternative is as a sub for 5 minutes in England’s last group game before the quarters which is probably what Southgate will give Ings and JWP.