Che Adams

Mr X

Not suited to the premier League?

Will he ever prove to be a good buy?

Do you think he's had a fair chance?

Is he suited to playing alongside inggs?

Thought he was ok as sub in theNorwich game without being great

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

I don’t think he’s done that bad to be honest. Played well at Sheff Utd and nearly scored a couple but for a fantastic save, had a good cameo on Wednesday too. Unfortunately he was useless at Fratton and that seemed to be the end of him until now at least.

He'll prove a good buy if we're in the Championship next season.

He's a trier, but not with much quality. The new Shane Long.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Don’t think we really know how good he is yet, pretty weird treatment of him by Ralph,starts the season playing every game but now seems to be behind Obafemi and long too. I think he offers some things the others strikers don’t he seems to old the ball up well and is quite powerful and also pretty fast for a bulky guy. Basically though Ings started the season better and then we changed shape and che was the victim but I think it’s slightly harsh how reduced his game time has been since then

He looked quite busy when he came on against Norwich but apart from that I’ve seen very little to impress. I am only going by home matches however where the whole team has been pretty woeful so it’s not fair to judge on that.

Hopefully he just needs that first goal to take off confidence wise at least.

My gut feeling on Che is hat it's been a mental adjustment that has taken time and because he didnt score earlier it knocked his confidence. We (most football fans) are too quick in the main to write players off and I think we would be wrong in this case. I see a mobile, quick and instinctive player who I think given a goal or two and a run of a few games will prove to be a very decent player for us. If I'm right then we will have to descent strikers.

He was unlucky not to score earlier in the season, especially at Sheff Utd where he was excellent for the whole game. He then dropped out the side as Ings hit form and Redmond came back from injury.

Now we seem to have settled on a back four I think he will get a bit more game time. He needs a goal to get him going but I don't think all is lost just yet.

Quite a few strikers were signed up from the Championship by Premier League teams in the summer, Maupay, McBurnie, Ayew, JRod and Adams (excluding the attacking midfielder types of James, Clarke and Jota) and I said at the end of the window that pound or pound, Adams would be the best purchase. I still think long term that would be the case. None of the strikers there have so far been worth what those teams paid for them, except perhaps Ayew at a knockdown £5 million.

It's just unfortunate for him that Ings has started the season so well (but fortunate for us), and that he didn't knock a goal in early on. But to be honest a 3-0 thumping on the first day of the season is enough to knock anyone's confidence.

He's a trier, but not with much quality. The new Shane Long.

That's an insult to Shane Long who's infinitely better.

Other than Ings, who I thought by now would have been injured but's playing damned well (please stay fit!), we've bought three forwards recently and two thirds of them have been an absolute waste of money.

Edited by Fatboy40

Ideally the lad needs a run of games, but we don't have the luxury of fielding a player who RH thinks isn't up to it (this goes for what he sees in training also). Ings is a nailed on starter and Long at the moment is a reliable , if limited, partner up front. Having said that I would like to see Adams start a few games, with the option of Long later in the game. We have bigger problems elsewhere on the pitch for sure, and may end up with another Carillo scenario and yet more money wasted. I say give him half a dozen games in front of Ings, raise his confidence and match fitness and see what happens. We may yet nurture a player we can sell to Liverpool in a couple of seasons....

Yes

Yes

No

Yes

Next

Quite a few strikers were signed up from the Championship by Premier League teams in the summer, Maupay, McBurnie, Ayew, JRod and Adams (excluding the attacking midfielder types of James, Clarke and Jota) and I said at the end of the window that pound or pound, Adams would be the best purchase. I still think long term that would be the case. None of the strikers there have so far been worth what those teams paid for them, except perhaps Ayew at a knockdown £5 million.

It's just unfortunate for him that Ings has started the season so well (but fortunate for us), and that he didn't knock a goal in early on. But to be honest a 3-0 thumping on the first day of the season is enough to knock anyone's confidence.

Well all the others you've listed are scoring goals and actually look like effective players...

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Maupay looked impressive against us and against Arsenal midweek. Haven’t seen much else of him but in that regard alone he’s streets ahead of Adams so far.

Lad has potential and will come good if he took the chances earlier in then the moist sandwiches on here would be singing a different tune.

Our fans are fickle get behind the players! Ffs

This 1000000000%.

Can you stop criticizing all the time, its so so tiresome and a negative environment for all, fans players staff manager.

The boys have just won 2 in the row get behind them for ffs and sing our hearts out.

We all want the same thing and that is winning football matches so let s maximise our chances!!!

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/transfer-news/i-am-absolutely-convinced-southampton-3673608.amp

Some comments from Ralph.. still gotta say I find this treatment weird.. why Obafemi even seems to get more time ? Also giving only 5 minutes here three minutes there is probably more likely to dent his confidence more ?

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/transfer-news/i-am-absolutely-convinced-southampton-3673608.amp

Some comments from Ralph.. still gotta say I find this treatment weird.. why Obafemi even seems to get more time ? Also giving only 5 minutes here three minutes there is probably more likely to dent his confidence more ?

Don’t see what about his treatment is weird. He played lots and was rather ineffective. The current front two have struck up a partnership. Obafemi with his pace has done ok in some away games so was turned to first whereas in the likes of the Norwich game at home Adams was given 13 minutes etc rather than obafemi.

As it stands this can only be described as another poor purchase.

I still don’t understand why he was the priority ahead of a Centre-Back.

I get we had issues going forward, but defence has been consistently our worst area since Puel left.

We spent £14m on Adams (a bit of a luxury purchase) and then had to loan in a CB as we had run out of money.

Moronic.

I get we had issues going forward, but defence has been consistently our worst area since Puel left.

We spent £14m on Adams (a bit of a luxury purchase) and then had to loan in a CB as we had run out of money.

Moronic.

Who (danso) does not even make the squad!

Don’t see what about his treatment is weird. He played lots and was rather ineffective. The current front two have struck up a partnership. Obafemi with his pace has done ok in some away games so was turned to first whereas in the likes of the Norwich game at home Adams was given 13 minutes etc rather than obafemi.

He had 5 league games plus the Pompey match...it’s not the initial dropping I find weird as we went away from the two up front at the time, and I agree with long keeping his place at the moment But it’s the way he went from starting every game even in front of ings for Bournemouth to hardly been seen since.. and not really getting enough time off the bench to make any impact.

Also I find it really nuts how every player not in the team all of a sudden seems to become worse and a terrible signing. Consensus at the time before he got dropped was that he just needed a goal and had been a little unlucky, but now all of a sudden he’s another poor signing?

He was very unlucky not to score twice against Sheffield united and did little wrong there

Adams looks lazy to me and will not track back. He is an orthodox centre forward running the channels or waiting for crosses but seems to have no other strings to his bow. In effect "off the ball" Adams is next to useless so perfectly obvious why Ralph doesn't give him much game time. Time and again Ralph demands recovery action off the ball and rates that almost as highly as scoring goals.

He is not a patch on Ricky Lambert who could hold up the ball, constantly draw players out of position and still be in the right place at the right time to hit the back of the net most games he played.

We don’t have the luxury of carrying players while they learn their trade. We’d be rock bottom without Ings’ goals. Maybe if / when we climb the table or Ings is out for whatever reason then there could be the time for Adams to find his feet and more importantly goal scoring touch. Until then he’ll have to work hard in training and maybe get a game with the U23s to get his confidence up and be ready when called upon. It’s a tough life but there you go.

Moronic.

It wasnt moronic at all. Ings last season was injured half the time and when fit had nowhere near the goal threat he does this season. With hindsight Ings has had a brilliant first half of a season but it is utterly stupid and revisionist to call the decision to sign a new striker "moronic" at the time.

Sent from my G3311 using Tapatalk

Without wishing to be too bah humbug after such a great day, I've seen nothing today to change my opinion that he ain't up to it at this level as things stand. Doesn't mean he can't ever be but jury well and truly out with me. Yes he held the ball up and didn't lose it on occasions but sadly he did the complete opposite on others, and lost it when it was far easier not to have done. I also think he doesn't show enough willingness to bust a gut and get into the box to sniff out a one touch finish close in. He should have been putting that Redmond cross away imho and there was a moment in the first half when JWP pinged in a low cross, he may well not have got there but he didn't even move towards the ball.

Edited by stknowle

Without wishing to be too bah humbug after such a great day, I've seen nothing today to change my opinion that he ain't up to it at this level as things stand. Doesn't mean he can't ever be but jury well and truly out with me. Yes he held the ball up and didn't lose it on occasions but sadly he did the complete opposite on others, and lost it when it was far easier not to have done. I also think he doesn't show enough willingness to bust a gut and get into the box to sniff out a one touch finish close in. He should have been putting that Redmond cross away imho and there was a moment in the first half when JWP pinged in a low cross, he may well not have got there but he didn't even move towards the ball.

If you watch the reply closely you will see a slight touch from the Chelsea defender that took the ball away from Adams who was sliding in.

Was better today, but he’s still not doing enough to look like he understands what to do to score a goal, let alone actually score a goal. I would loan him out and bring through one of the U-23’s that knows how to create chances and shoot.

And who would that be in the u23s? Doesnt understand what to do to score a goal, yeah because he didnt do that plenty of times last season in the championship. Some ppl just need a fall guy on what was an excellent performance.

Like I was saying before his appearance che offers something we don’t really have.. he’s got that power and physical side to his game that we don’t have with others .. high ceiling with che he’s got the hold up attributes and no slouch to go with it.. certainly a option for us that gives something a bit different let’s not write him off just cos he’s not starting

And who would that be in the u23s? Doesnt understand what to do to score a goal, yeah because he didnt do that plenty of times last season in the championship. Some ppl just need a fall guy on what was an excellent performance.

Not saying he was not the mustard in the Championship, but he’s not showing signs yet of having the brain of a Prem striker. Rarely gets that would increase his chances of scoring.