Che Adams

Mr X

The talk over Che Adams and Leeds Utd has been based on the various statement that Leeds have made. That was naturally picked up by the less reliable elements of the media and expanded into it being an almost done deal. Nothing could be further from the truth.

Che has not had the instant impact fans would have liked but that is understandable. It can take time to become integrated into a new team, especially when it's a team that has itself struggled to come to terms with a completely new system and the increased fitness levels required.

As the team develops and the system becomes more natural to players it is likely Che will hit form and the goals will come.

That differs from info I received earlier in the week from a reliable and knowledgeable source. That said, moving him on would be nuts imo so I hope that you're information is correct.

I am very pleased to keep him, he is still finding his feet and will be a must play team player as the season progresses. A goal or 2 will see him believe he is a PL player and willmake his confidence grow

I would suspect it's all about this. He would have come to us believing he was in the first choice team. Indeed, he played all the pre-season matches. However, it's Ings and Long as first choice now, and Adams off the bench as sub. Will he become first choice alongside Ings as the season progresses? Time will tell. Will Long be offered a new contract for next season? Again, time will tell.

If Adams has now said he will stay and fight for his place, then that suggests to me he has been promised the starting spot either this season or next.

Also have to wonder will we be able to keep hold of ings in the summer if he carries on this form?.. seems a long time since we managed to keep a player delivering at this level. I’m still on the fence with che but if those couple of unlucky efforts vs sheff Utd went in his situation could have panned out conpletely different

Also have to wonder will we be able to keep hold of ings in the summer if he carries on this form?.. seems a long time since we managed to keep a player delivering at this level. I’m still on the fence with che but if those couple of unlucky efforts vs sheff Utd went in his situation could have panned out conpletely different

I suspect if someone comes in and offers us the chance to double our money on Ings, the club will take it. Just based on the board's prior proclivities, his age and injury record. That said, I doubt the clubs that could afford him would take him, so I think he'll probably stay.

My gut feeling is that this is mostly agent driven, seems to make more sense than any other option.

Probably he's taken a disappointing start to Saints career, plus Leeds absolutely desperate for a striker and willing to pay most of our costs so far, and Adams possibly willing to move down a level and closer to home, and is presenting player wants the move to Saints and Leeds in an effort to get them to deal and give himself a payday.

Hasenhuttl is seeing the potential in Adams and must think that him coming good is more likely than being able to bring in a new striker that'll perform better, so for his part of the transfer committee is against the move, with the club willing to back him on that.

I suspect if someone comes in and offers us the chance to double our money on Ings, the club will take it. Just based on the board's prior proclivities, his age and injury record. That said, I doubt the clubs that could afford him would take him, so I think he'll probably stay.

Get your point but that would be pretty disgusting if we were happy with double what we paid. Think even 60m wouldn’t be enough atm we have a proven English striker that’s been as good or better then the likes of Kane aguerro Aubameyang here

Pretty worrying if this was true, the boarding organising stuff without consultation from Hasenhuttl.

Southampton’s board were ready to accept Leeds United’s bid for Che Adams this month, before Ralph Hasenhuttl blocked the striker’s departure, according to a report from the Daily Express.

Adams has been linked with a move to Elland Road for much of the January window.

(Photo by Dean Mouhtaropoulos/Getty Images)

It was arguably an intriguing pursuit. Despite Adams not scoring for the Saints since his summer move, he has been involved in recent weeks and has helped Hasenhuttl’s men produce a stunning turnaround in form.

The persistence in the rumours linking him with a move to Leeds while he was involved however, hinted that there may be something for the Whites fans to get excited about.

But those hopes appear to have now been dashed.

The Daily Mail reported earlier this week that Adams was keen to stay at St Mary’s after holding talks with Hasenhuttl about his future.

And it now appears that it was not only Adams who had to be talked round by Hasenhuttl.

The Daily Express is reporting that the Southampton board were ready to accept a loan bid from Leeds for Adams.

The move would have included a clause that would see the striker’s switch to Elland Road become permanent for £10 million in the summer.

Would it change anyone's view if we had a deal to get Jarrod Bowen with the Adams sale money? Swap one for another?

Purely hypothetical, as no such deal has been arranged. Just a 'what if' question.

Not for me. We have several options for creativity already and only Ings actually banging them in.

Pretty worrying if this was true, the boarding organising stuff without consultation from Hasenhuttl.

Southampton’s board were ready to accept Leeds United’s bid for Che Adams this month, before Ralph Hasenhuttl blocked the striker’s departure, according to a report from the Daily Express.

Adams has been linked with a move to Elland Road for much of the January window.

It was arguably an intriguing pursuit. Despite Adams not scoring for the Saints since his summer move, he has been involved in recent weeks and has helped Hasenhuttl’s men produce a stunning turnaround in form.

The persistence in the rumours linking him with a move to Leeds while he was involved however, hinted that there may be something for the Whites fans to get excited about.

The Daily Mail reported earlier this week that Adams was keen to stay at St Mary’s after holding talks with Hasenhuttl about his future.

And it now appears that it was not only Adams who had to be talked round by Hasenhuttl.

The Daily Express is reporting that the Southampton board were ready to accept a loan bid from Leeds for Adams.

The move would have included a clause that would see the striker’s switch to Elland Road become permanent for £10 million in the summer.

The Express and Mail are notorious for running stories that are based on rumour and speculation so believing what they write is pointless. Leeds stated an interest in Che Adams, the media picked it up and ran with it. The story is reinforced by the usual suspects on Twitter and the football rumour websites and all of a sudden it's happening. When it turns out there is no truth in the story and Che Adams is not leaving they invent a story that Ralph prevented the move by putting his foot down, therefore covering their own arses.

That is how the media work and that is how they generate their income. The more people swallow the lies the happier they and their advertisers are.

Just watch what happens to the Danny Ings story and the links to Tottenham now Kane is injured. It's just pathetic click bait rumour mongering.

Would it change anyone's view if we had a deal to get Jarrod Bowen with the Adams sale money? Swap one for another?

Purely hypothetical, as no such deal has been arranged. Just a 'what if' question.

Different types of players as Bowen plays wider but I’d have him in a heartbeat, seems like the sort of player that could make the step up. But Hull want £20 million so it wouldn’t have been like for like in fees. Personally I’d like Adams AND Bowen but we’ll have to wait until the summer to find out if we have any money! That’s if someone like Newcastle don’t get him this window. I can see a flourish of last week of January signings by the likes of West Ham, Villa and Newcastle.

A one in two goal rate for a player that’s not exactly a striker is very good, even at Championship level and he’s only just turned 23.

Ive just seen though that Leeds are after him, however they want him on loan with the move made permanent in the summer. It looks like Hull are rejecting it but I reckon that will ***** up the ears of a few Prem teams...

Can’t see him being better then boufal and djenepo personally . Bet both of them would tear up the championship as well.

Can’t see him being better then boufal and djenepo personally . Bet both of them would tear up the championship as well.

He's scored 17 goals in half a season in the Championship. I'd keep Adams, if that was the choice on the table, but I'd swap him for Boufal in a heartbeat.

He's scored 17 goals in half a season in the Championship. I'd keep Adams, if that was the choice on the table, but I'd swap him for Boufal in a heartbeat.

Your dislike of Boufal is bemusing. Should be keeping Adams, Boufal and Djenepo. Long should be going.

Well those two papers for a start, but wouldn't this actually be just a twisting of the facts to suit a narrative?

Leeds need a striker, make a bid for Adams on loan with that future fee, board talks to Ralph about whether he is in his plans, Ralph says yes, board goes back to Leeds and says no.

'Ready to accept' literally could just be because they instantly didn't say no, they instead spoke to the manager about the player and his future at the club, and those rags take it as the board accepting the offer.

None of which would mean the board accepted the offer without his say so or that they were going over his head or that he had to talk them round as they are trying to present that.

As far as I understood it Ralph was part of transfer decisions so would naturally be part of this process and discussions.

This media talk about Che Adams was just that. Nothing more to it than rumours turned into a so called story.

There is very little happening in the transfer market this January so the media just enlarge and exaggerate a sniff of anything to fill up space.

Leeds manager says Che Adams would be a good buy - Adams is off to Leeds.

Harry Kane gets a serious injury - Danny Ings now a target for Tottenham.

Ben Chilwell rumoured to be going to Chelsea - Ryan Bertrand now off to Leicester.

And so it goes on.

This media talk about Che Adams was just that. Nothing more to it than rumours turned into a so called story.

There is very little happening in the transfer market this January so the media just enlarge and exaggerate a sniff of anything to fill up space.

Leeds manager says Che Adams would be a good buy - Adams is off to Leeds.

Harry Kane gets a serious injury - Danny Ings now a target for Tottenham.

Ben Chilwell rumoured to be going to Chelsea - Ryan Bertrand now off to Leicester.

And so it goes on.

You are probably right about the others but the Adams move was not a rumour. Leeds tabled a bid and Saints turned it down.

Your dislike of Boufal is bemusing. Should be keeping Adams, Boufal and Djenepo. Long should be going.

I was only responding to the point put forward but it's not really relevant to Adams. I'd keep Adams and Djenepo, get rid of Long and Boufal in summer and then possibly look at Bowen with the wages it frees up.

He was great for us. Glad he had got his chance in the EPL finally. Would love to see him back, but as it would only be as a squad player, he wouldn't want to take up the option, I'm sure.

He wouldn't even make our bench.

Sure but it’s still the championship. He’s scoring goals yes but how many do you realistically think he could get in the prem?.

Che was scoring for fun there, billy sharp smashing it also,, remember how good Ramirez was at boro?

I’m pretty sure if boufal and djenepo was playing championship football they would also look the nuts.

Boufal is one of the most gifted dribblers in Europe and djenepo looks to have mane 2.0 potential and these two are struggling to get a consistent run of games rightly or wrongly in our side.

I just find it hard to believe Bowen would waltz straight into the team

Difficult for the guy playing a bit part role at Saints but you have to say he looks very far removed from a Premiership player. Yesterday when he came on he was very poor (admittedly with little service) but he never looks like scoring. IF we were able to get a good replacement in then no problem with Adams moving on.

If he doesn’t get a game against Spuds it makes you wonder why he would want to stay.

Looks like it's a choice between trying to break into Saints first team in the Premier League, or break into Leeds first team in the Championship.

On top of that, with the obligation to buy for 20M only kicking in if Leeds actually get promoted, there's no guarantee it'd be a permanent transfer, especially as Leeds always fade in the second half of the season.

He's not going to be pushing too hard and burning bridges, for at best a sideways move, if he might have to come back.

I read the other day that Adams hasn't had a single shot on target so far this season, any truth in that?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Probably true. He's not had many chances, and I can't remember too many clear cut efforts when he has - apart from the hitting the bar in one game.

He's been utterly ****, let's be frank. He's got attributes there I'm sure, but he's been a bit rubbish. A non-goal scorring striker isn't what we need, and we've got two of them in Che and Long!! Luckily we have goals from elsewhere!

Wonder if this, featured just after the Adams article could have a bearing on our decision:

Jean-Kevin Augustin's bid to cut short Monaco loan alerts English clubs

Jean-Kevin Augustin is waiting to see if Monaco will let him cut short his season-long loan, which would put English clubs on alert for his signature.

The RB Leipzig striker, 22, has only started two Ligue 1 games this campaign and could be allowed to make a mid-season switch.

Crystal Palace have looked at him before, although they have now secured Cenk Tosun from Everton, but clubs at the top of the Championship will be interested if he is on the market.

Personally, I'd be happy to keep Adams rather than rely on Leeds to buy him on condition of promotion.

I still like him actually, I think if he’d had scored at Sheffield Utd things could have turned out differently for him. He was unlucky there, hit the post with a good effort and their keeper made a world class save.

Nice work for our winner at Leicester too. Just needs one off his arse.

I still like him actually, I think if he’d had scored at Sheffield Utd things could have turned out differently for him. He was unlucky there, hit the post with a good effort and their keeper made a world class save.

Nice work for our winner at Leicester too. Just needs one off his arse.

I hope he starts tomorrow, particularly with Shane Long injured. I just feel he needs a run of games in a side playing well, then it will come good for him and the goals will flow. His previous run, at the start of the season, was as a lone striker, in a side (relatively new to him) not playing well at a higher level than he was used to.