Che Adams

Mr X

A sort of ok ish performance today. Held it up and laid it off ok a couple of times. Still not convinced whatsoever about him and we looked better when he came off.

No we looked better when we were behind ans had to start chasing the game, upping the intensity and getting away from the dull patient sideways passing

No we looked better when we were behind ans had to start chasing the game, upping the intensity and getting away from the dull patient sideways passing

Wild one are you disagreeing with me or agreeing with me, can’t quite tell? Regardless I remain firmly unconvinced about Adams. I really want him to be good, but thus far in a Saints shirt he......ain’t.

Edited by stknowle

Keep hoping he’s going to have a J-Rod like transformation but I’m yet to see anything that suggests he’s not just completely out of his depth.

We can’t gamble too much longer, hopefully a striker is on the radar for January as we’re screwed if anything happens to Ings.

Looking at Adams' scoring record, prior to last season his highest scoring total in the Championship was 7 goals in 40 appearances. Shane Long once scored 21 goals in 44 appearances in the Championship in 2010-11 with Reading, but has only managed to hit double figures once in the league since then, which was with us in 2015-16 when he scored 10. Hopefully Adams doesn't go down the same path with last season just being an anomaly/purple patch season.

Looking at Adams' scoring record, prior to last season his highest scoring total in the Championship was 7 goals in 40 appearances. Shane Long once scored 21 goals in 44 appearances in the Championship in 2010-11 with Reading, but has only managed to hit double figures once in the league since then, which was with us in 2015-16 when he scored 10. Hopefully Adams doesn't go down the same path with last season just being an anomaly/purple patch season.

Just bear in mind that Adams is 23. How many other strikers are regularly banging in goals in their late teens/very early 20s in the Championship or PL?

You don t judge a player over 15 games.

Period.

Especially when the guy is 23

Pretty much how you don t judge a manager 15 games in a season.

Honestly i ****ing despair at some of you lot.

********, him only being 23 is no excuse - most players are well on their way to being established by that age and many are full internationals. It’s fair given some of the dross we’ve seen to expect a striker to have at least scored one or two goals by now, or at least look capable of creating something.

Let’s see how he does against Huddersfield.

Hopefully better than he did against Pompey.

********, him only being 23 is no excuse - most players are well on their way to being established by that age and many are full internationals. It’s fair given some of the dross we’ve seen to expect a striker to have at least scored one or two goals by now, or at least look capable of creating something.

Hopefully better than he did against Pompey.

You do talk some outright bull s hit!!!

You were probably saying the same thing about Mane after 10 games some thought he was the second coming of Ali Dia.

And before you troll some more, I am not comparing Adams to Mane just that some fans like a moan even when we are winning and are so fuc king fickle and shortsighted

Several seasons, just like Ralph needs to be judge over that length of time.

You don t judge a player over 15 games ffs

Several seasons....

Does that mean Carrillo and Hoedt with pellegrino as manager could still do a fine job for us?

Anyway, back in the real world....

The premier League doesn't allow you several seasons to be judged that's why it's the premier League you get one season at most

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

The premier League doesn't allow you several seasons to be judged that's why it's the premier League you get one season at most

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

lots of players take time to find their feet in the top flight - Pires and Drogba being good examples. I just watched Kys Mousset causing City all kinds of issues and he did sweet FA at Bournemouth all last season. When we ourselves got promoted (which is effectively what Adams has done), the likes of Lallana and Rodriguez took a while before setting the place alight.

Swear our fans genuinely enjoy writing players off, it's embarrassing.

Che will come good, he just needs a run of games.

Thought he was excellent at Sheffield United away and he gave Matip a really tough game at SMS who had been superb for Liverpool this season until his injury.

Several seasons :lol:

If anyone’s posting some **** it’s you - this is the Premier League, you don’t get several seasons to prove yourself, it’s normally pretty clear early on whether or not a striker is going to cut it. When you’ve got players like Rooney setting the world alight in a couple of games at 18 years old you can’t afford to wait for a 23 year old from the Championship to come good, especially when League survival is at stake.

Swear our fans genuinely enjoy writing players off, it's embarrassing.

Che will come good, he just needs a run of games.

Thought he was excellent at Sheffield United away and he gave Matip a really tough game at SMS who had been superb for Liverpool this season until his injury.

Exactly agree with you saint97. Che has already shown he has all the tools to be a quality striker in the PL. Just needs time and he will come good just like Jay Rod did.

Several seasons :lol:

If anyone’s posting some **** it’s you - this is the Premier League, you don’t get several seasons to prove yourself, it’s normally pretty clear early on whether or not a striker is going to cut it. When you’ve got players like Rooney setting the world alight in a couple of games at 18 years old you can’t afford to wait for a 23 year old from the Championship to come good, especially when League survival is at stake.

And that s exactly how you and I are not alike.

You judge players managers in a short space of time like any fickle fan does.

I prefer to have a long term perspective especially when i see some potential in someone.

I prefer to have a long term perspective especially when i see some potential in someone.

Fickle? Behave sweety, I’m fed up of the amount of average signings we’ve made that have contributed to the precarious position we find ourselves in. Hoedt, Lemina, Carillo, Vest, PEH, the list goes on, and thus far Adams is set to join them.

Don’t get me wrong, I am absolutely dying for him to come good, and every time he steps onto that pitch I hope that that will be the day that it happens. I get that he’s young, and the Prem is a big step, but when you’ve seen the likes of Gabbi or Pelle make an instant impact at this level it’s hard to swallow too many excuses. That doesn’t make me fickle, it means I’ve watched enough Saints games to have an early idea of whether Adams looks like being the next J-Rod or conversely the next Juanmi.

its not fickle at all. your long term view - for one of our most expensive players - just differs from reality

I get the impression Che can be similar to Long - a pest who can help other players but won’t really trouble the scoresheet at this level consistently - a 6 goals a year player (may have a couple of purple patches over his career to push that to 10). The Ings thing is unrealistic - it’s how many years since we had a striker in double figures in Jan ?, if he gets injured the goals will need to be shared by others (same as if VARdy gets injured). For me he just doesn’t quite have that killer instinct at this level - you get a bit less time with Prem defences which means a Championship level chance is gone. Think £15m is par for the course - ie that is what you get so not a bad signing. Like others I still think he’ll be useful so rumours of sending him on loan don’t add up (and we won’t be buying another striker in Jan)

A few seasons is a bit much but Adams is young enough and has shown enough that we need to see how he does in his second season. I still think he can come good.

Looking at our current squad, Redmond, Hoj, Armstrong, JWP, Bednarek and Stephens have all needed time and patience to get up to their current level

Loads of talk about a loan move. On the face of it, an odd one.

But he barely plays, so I wouldn't totally rule it out.

Will be very interesting to see if he starts this weekend. He should do. If not then I think there is something in this talk of him leaving.

For me it would be a mad decision and he would need replacing with another forward, presumably on loan.

Ralph often prefers Obafemi, but in the Spurs game that was a mistake as he just doesn't do the basics well enough.

Long is out of contract at the end of the season, and we shouldn't offer him another one. Second half of the season is a great chance for Adams to settle. At Saints.

So just let our second best forward / striker go, not even offer a years extension, that's bloody ridiculous!
I think its time. At the end of the day he has scored a grand total of zero goals this season. Five, three and two in the seasons prior to that. He is by accounts one of our higher earners.

Has done ok overall and still makes an impact but with the saving of his, Yoshids and Cedric's wages it should give us a but more flexibility to revamp the squad - which is badly needed.

So just let our second best forward / striker go, not even offer a years extension, that's bloody ridiculous!

Long is on very high wages not getting a fee for him is not a disaster especially at his age.

With Cedric and Yoshida out of contract, i wouldn t renew them either (Cedric has already gone on record that he is leaving)

That along the possible sale of Forster and Elyounoussi, I think we can safely say we will be able to freschen up the squad in the summer and get players adapted to Ralph s style of play.

As i said in an earlier thread, Summer of 2020 is really the summer where we will be able to remodel our squad

I understand where you're all coming from but when...

# Adams can't hit a barn door.

# Deep down we're all just wondering when, not if, Ings will become injured again.

# We have no stunning academy prospects.

... not offering him at least a one year extension seems daft, it's risk mitigation, however there's no guarantee that he'd take it anyhow.

Ideally the lad needs a run of games, but we don't have the luxury of fielding a player who RH thinks isn't up to it (this goes for what he sees in training also). Ings is a nailed on starter and Long at the moment is a reliable , if limited, partner up front. Having said that I would like to see Adams start a few games, with the option of Long later in the game. We have bigger problems elsewhere on the pitch for sure, and may end up with another Carillo scenario and yet more money wasted. I say give him half a dozen games in front of Ings, raise his confidence and match fitness and see what happens. We may yet nurture a player we can sell to Liverpool in a couple of seasons....

A goal or two in the FA Cup against Huddersfield could start his season. Play him, Ralph.

Apparently Leeds have put in an official approach to loan him according to Leeds fan at work from their end very odd as surely we must have put out he is available?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would only consider it if we get Nketiah from Arsenal as a result of the trading. Leeds have ignored Nketiah so Arsenal want to bring him back. If they are looking to re-loan him, then Nketiah to Saints before Adams to Leeds. I'd also want us to be able to buy Nketiah for like £7M at the end of the season. And with Leeds ignoring Nketiah, do we really want Che sat on their bench?