Che Adams

Mr X

Swear our fans genuinely enjoy writing players off, it's embarrassing.

Che will come good, he just needs a run of games.

Thought he was excellent at Sheffield United away and he gave Matip a really tough game at SMS who had been superb for Liverpool this season until his injury.

Totally agree. Just needs a run. It's not as if he has missed loads of easy chances. He's been playing while we were shiitte too. Works hard. Is strong. Will be good support for Ings, who needs wrapping in cotton wool. Would be madness to let him go unless can recall him anytime

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Depends if you want to look like an idiot or not. Or learn from every other player you've written off for taking time or hitting poor form, which is most players.

He might be good he might not but he's a striker on a bad run across two clubs. That won't go on forever. You can just watch him and assess if you think he has the right attributes, same as the rest of us. I give him more time because I've seen countless players improve and adjust, even into a second season.

how long adrian? or should we just buy our way out of this mess, like you have been suggesting lately?

Interesting to see RH admit Adams is unhappy, hopefully that will change with a start and goal against the "udders

unhappy at not being in the side and unhappy at not scoring goals. Good. We dont want players that don't feel like that. Whether that means he is unhappy at his situation at Saints nd wants a move I am not so sure. Also not sure a game in the FA Cup will resolve things.

Interesting to see RH admit Adams is unhappy, hopefully that will change with a start and goal against the "udders

Ralph could have helped that situation by better man management in bringing him on instead of Obafemi. (Who was not good at all). Just a thought.

Another way of looking at it, if Adams took some chances earlier in the season ings may not have blown up into the potential 20 goal a season striker he’s looking like now..I’m not too fussed if Adams is scoring at the moment as ings is firing hot and just about pairing ings with what gets him the most chances at the moment which may be long

Unusual for me perhaps to show patience, but I wouldn't give up on Adams. He's shown some decent qualities but of course not the crucial one of getting the ball in the net... yet. Remember how many wrote Mane off in his first few months.

I'm sure he had his reasons why he used a particular sub combination.

Sure, I suppose so. I guess it was keeping pace and harrying up front to keep the game stretched, but I doubt whether Adams would have lost it so much. I like Adams' ability to hold the ball up, I must say. He will come good in terms of goals.

Ralph could have helped that situation by better man management in bringing him on instead of Obafemi. (Who was not good at all). Just a thought.

With all due respect that is a rather harsh assessment of Obefemi’s performance against Spurs.

Unusual for me perhaps to show patience, but I wouldn't give up on Adams. He's shown some decent qualities but of course not the crucial one of getting the ball in the net... yet. Remember how many wrote Mane off in his first few months.

I remember this so well, plenty of people moaning about Mane and Pelle lol crazy when you think about it now

Another way of looking at it, if Adams took some chances earlier in the season ings may not have blown up into the potential 20 goal a season striker he’s looking like now..I’m not too fussed if Adams is scoring at the moment as ings is firing hot and just about pairing ings with what gets him the most chances at the moment which may be long

Nice outlook. We just need Che to catch fire should Ings lose form or get injured.

It's perfectly acceptable to voice your opinion on a player early on. If for example Adams had scored 15 goals so far this season, would people now be saying "well hang on, give it time, he might turn rubbish yet"?.

Said it from what I saw of him at Birmingham before we even signed him, I don't think he's good enough. Almost all his goals last season were scuffed in acres of space or terrible defending/keeping. He wouldn't get anywhere near as much space this season and the quality of defending in the prem is infinitely better than in the Championship.

He'll do an OK job for us, but won't score many (if any) goals and won't even bring more to the team than Shane Long does.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

It's perfectly acceptable to voice your opinion on a player early on. If for example Adams had scored 15 goals so far this season, would people now be saying "well hang on, give it time, he might turn rubbish yet"?.

Said it from what I saw of him at Birmingham before we even signed him, I don't think he's good enough. Almost all his goals last season were scuffed in acres of space or terrible defending/keeping. He wouldn't get anywhere near as much space this season and the quality of defending in the prem is infinitely better than in the Championship.

He'll do an OK job for us, but won't score many (if any) goals and won't even bring more to the team than Shane Long does.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

This is unfortunately what I'm thinking too we have signed a Shane long type player but not as good with even less goals & less pace, it is early days so hope I'm wrong

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

The signs are not good. We have our own example of Ricky Lambert's to gauge how well Adams should fare in the PL as opposed to the Championship.

Ricky of course adapted very quickly to every levels at which he played. Goals in his first PL match (ManC - away) and his first appearance in a Three Lions shirt is testimony to that.

Ricky is the benchmark and Che looks a poor second in comparison. He seems not to have the craft, guile or adaptability for the task that faces him. If Obafemi can show us a moment of magic in otherwise one-dimensional performances then surely Che Adams can show us something. You get runs in teams when you deserve them not because you happen to be on the books and somebody thinks you deserve a chance.

Well if RH doesn't start him today I think we can safely say that Che will be off in the summer.

We can't have that amount of cash tied up in a player who isn't going to start against a Championship side..

If he doesn't start today, then why wait until the summer ? Assuming we can move him on and recover some of our outlay.

The signs are not good. We have our own example of Ricky Lambert's to gauge how well Adams should fare in the PL as opposed to the Championship.

Ricky of course adapted very quickly to every levels at which he played. Goals in his first PL match (ManC - away) and his first appearance in a Three Lions shirt is testimony to that.

Ricky is the benchmark and Che looks a poor second in comparison. He seems not to have the craft, guile or adaptability for the task that faces him. If Obafemi can show us a moment of magic in otherwise one-dimensional performances then surely Che Adams can show us something. You get runs in teams when you deserve them not because you happen to be on the books and somebody thinks you deserve a chance.

Accept your point but RL was a pretty high benchmark to judge against. As great as he was he had the advantage of already being established in a settled side with momentum and confidence when we arrived in the PL.

Seem to recall Pelle had all of about 40 minutes to convince the home crowd he was an able replacement by the time many had determined he probably wasn't. But we haven't managed to adequately replace Pelle never mind RL.

I don't think he will go in this window, unless of course we have someone lined up to replace him. What if Danny gets injured? Likely, we know..

Difficult to judge at the moment, a month ago I would happily have sold the lot of them..! The difference in a few weeks is staggering, as we know.

But is this a false dawn, should we stick with this squad on the basis of the last few weeks...? Or get a CB and midfielder just in case..?

Who'd be a manger, eh...?

Jay Rodriguez might be a better benchmark. He moved from Champ to a 'relatively struggling' Prem side. No familiarity with the other players and the style of play or 30 championship goals in credit like Sir Ricky. He played 35 prem games in the first season and scored 6 goals. My memory isn't the best, but despite doing enough to get the shirt each week, I am not sure he fully convinced Saints fans. Second season in he was an absolute revelation. Stronger, faster, more direct and full of confidence.

If yu are going to use Ricky Lambert as a benchmark then you will wait a long time for a new striker to live up to that. Absolutely ridiculous, bit like Wayne Rooney comparisons, these were exceptional players, the like of which you won't see very often again. One of the reasons they were exceptional was their stature, big physical guys, Rooney especially as a teenager. Che is not meant to be that sort of player. If you want to use a benchmark J Rod is a much better comparison or even Danny Ings (who transitioned to the PL well). Adams will come good, but granted it is a bit frustrating waiting for it to happen.

When reserve academy players score but you can't it's not going to do your confidence any good!

maybe a loan to the championship would do him good but then he was scoring in the championship be fore he came here & couldn't repeat it, prooves that it's a huge step up. Still prepared to give him more time but not confident he can make the grade

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

Watched him closely seems to lacking something like isn't direct enough at getting into the box? Can't shoot.... Only thing he seems to be able to do is hold the ball up sometimes... Am I missing something here? seems pretty crap.

No, you ain't missing anything. That's exactly what I saw and have been seeing all season.

Watched him closely seems to lacking something like isn't direct enough at getting into the box? Can't shoot.... Only thing he seems to be able to do is hold the ball up sometimes... Am I missing something here? seems pretty crap.

Whenever I’ve seen him it looks to me like he hides a little. What I mean is he looks like he gets in decent positions but isn’t available to receive a pass so isn’t an option for whoever has the ball.

Adams' lack of a goal is difficult to explain because at Birmingham he showed he could strike on target when an opportunity came. That his scoring record was in the Championship can't be the whole answer because chances have fallen to him, that last season he would have put away. He must feel very frustrated after today's game against Huddersfield, with Smallbone and Vokins both scoring. A case for an arm around the shoulder by the manager,

For the service he got ok this was never going to be a game he would shine you are to thick too see that

why are you being aggressive to me about this?. I hardly the only one suggesting he has been largely crap since being here.

Play the ball not the man, yes?

Games like today are his big chance to shine. He never looked like scoring, never troubled the keeper, don't think he had a shot. I find it strange that we were very quick to bomb Carrillo out (less than 9 games), but we are willing to persist with Chay. He maybe just devoid of confidence but he needs to start producing more (goals or assists) soon.

Sent from my SM-T590 using Tapatalk

why are you being aggressive to me about this?. I hardly the only one suggesting he has been largely crap since being here.

Play the ball not the man, yes?

Mate you're always one of the first to write players off, I don't think I've ever seen you back a player going through a rough patch. That's your reputation, own it. Like many others I'm prepared to wait and see with a supporters hope that he will make it.

Mate you're always one of the first to write players off, I don't think I've ever seen you back a player going through a rough patch. That's your reputation, own it. Like many others I'm prepared to wait and see with a supporters hope that he will make it.

always one of the first?

I have not with Adams at all. Play the ball not the man, not hard!

I do not think he will be here next season, He will be lucky to get 3-5 goals in his time here....and I tipped him to be our top scorer when he signed.