Newcastle vs Saints - Match Thread

Lighthouse

Half time.

Meh, we're not losing, but we've been much the better team really. An on-form Redmond would have scored at least one of those chances.

If this was a boxing match we would be ahead on points. We just have to wait for the Shelvey sucker punch - I'm going for 63 minutes.

Half time.

Meh, we're not losing, but we've been much the better team really. An on-form Redmond would have scored at least one of those chances.

If this was a boxing match we would be ahead on points. We just have to wait for the Shelvey sucker punch - I'm going for 63 minutes.

The misses aside, Redmond gas been much better today. Busy, looking to get forward and make things happen

Bright first half I thought. Could go either way second half.

Newcastle haven't offered up much, although we aren't great with clearances. If you put a ball in our box or hoof it long, we look shaky.

Think we need a bit more in midfield to get the ball forward quicker. If it falls to Ings or Djenepo in a good position, think we'll nick it 1-0

It's a bit of a bore fest. In the early stages we closed them down well and pressed high up the pitch, but then we have passed it around more at the back and Newcastle don't seem interested in committing themselves up the pitch to regain possession. We have been dominant in midfield and looked the more threatening. Ralph will be the more content of the two managers at half time. He can leave it as it is for the moment and see what Newcastle do before making changes to exploit that, or to introduce players who can give us something different.

Need to get a lead to hang onto for when we inevitably hit the wall after an hour.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

I'm not so sure about that. It's not like we have had to be anywhere near top gear to compete so far. Newcastle have sat back a lot so we won't have burnt ourselves out. Have to see how the 2nd half plays out though.