Newcastle 2-1 Saints reactions

Bad Wolf

Wow, imagine if Gunn had conceded that lol. I never want to see Cedric on the pitch again. Genuinely one of the worst Saints' players I've ever seen at top flight level and that is some achievement. How anyone thinks he's good is anybody's guess.

Shocking game from him yet again.

typical fragile performance. The better team for long periods and should have been 2 or 3 up before we bottle it, sit back and concede poor goals. Geordies are a poor team and were there for the taking... another wasted opportunity

I’ve been watching Leicester carve through Villa like butter and I think, back under Koeman, if we had really pushed on, that could have been us.

Now we’re throwing away games and points like they don’t matter and are struggling to keep our heads above water. Bring on the 2020s and whatever it throws at us, I’m done with the 2010s.

F*cking criminal to throw that one away. Newcastle were poor and created very little.

Comfortably the better team for 75 minutes and in the lead, and we still couldn't grind it out.

I'd have taken a draw in those circumstances, but to give it away like that and lose it is gut-wrenching.

I’ve been watching Leicester carve through Villa like butter and I think, back under Koeman, if we had really pushed on, that could have been us.

Now we’re throwing away games and points like they don’t matter and are struggling to keep our heads above water. Bring on the 2020s and whatever it throws at us, I’m done with the 2010s.

I fear the 2020s will be a lot worse because we won't be anywhere near the top league.

Sent from my SM-T590 using Tapatalk

Same old story inability to keep a clean sheet, Our defenders are simply not up to it need to strengthen January.....

Also we failed to take chances when it matters that most amount of games we could of won but failed due to inability to finish is ridiculous. Is Ings the only one doing shooting training?

Same old story though instead of going for the jugular and killing teams off we lack the ability to kill teams off.....

I get it, we lose a lot of games.....Why oh why do we start out pretending we won't throw it all away!?

Surely we can win and lose the same amount, but in the games we lose, just start out like a pile of donkey crap?

I get who we are, I know our status. Please Saints, let's just not pretend we are gonna be good when you intend to end up as crap

Same old same old.

Can't put enough of our chances away when on top, always liable to concede at the back.

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

Stats say. It all 19 shots 4 on target ,Newcastle 12 shots 6 on target ,let alone our appauling defence, Don't think it will get better

Unless we spend wisely and well in the Jan window,if we have funds available?

Failure to make possession and chances count, coupled with an unlucky deflection. Where were the defenders on our left side for their second goal, covering the Newcastle players following up the shot ? And I don't get the vitriol aimed at Cedric for the freekick that led to their first, he tried to clear the ball and was unaware of the player closing him down from behind. I'm not sure it should even have been a freekick.

Edited by badgerx16

Don't know why but I'm not that annoyed. The better team lost, plenty of winnable games left.
There are plenty of winnable games left, unfortunately though, we won't win them. No chance....

typical fragile performance. The better team for long periods and should have been 2 or 3 up before we bottle it, sit back and concede poor goals. Geordies are a poor team and were there for the taking... another wasted opportunity

We were the better team, Newcastle were very poor, but put away their two goals against the run of play. The cart-horse Carroll made a difference for them with his height and bulk. But it always amuses me how such a hulk as him can go down like a house of cards when tackled by somebody much smaller, such as Boufal. Fellaini was the same. This was similar to the Man City result in terms of the timing of the goals. We held the lead until nearly the 70th minute and then conceded the winning goal in the 86th minute.Ultimately though, having been the better team for much of the match, we had to make our superiority count. I feel really sorry for our poor fans who have to endure the long road back home to Southampton after such raised hopes of points until very late in the match.

Failure to make possession and chances count, coupled with an unlucky deflection. Where were the defenders on our left side for their second goal, covering the Newcastle players following up the shot ? And I don't get the vitriol aimed at Cedric for the freekick that led to their first, he tried to clear the ball and was unaware of the player closing him down from behind. I'm not sure it should even have been a freekick.

It should have been a freekick. I do get the Vitriol towards Cedric. What exactly is he good at?

Terrible result, but I think theres a massive knee jerk reaction again on here. Yes, we deserved to win that, but, that is a reason to be more optimistic for the season. We are playing a lot better recently. Just a small reshuffle for the next game (bye Cedric) maybe Boufal for Redmond and keep the onward progression going.

Get behind the team!

Saw enough there to have confidence that we are longer one of worst 3 teams in the league.

Yeah despite losing today I think things are looking a lot better than they were a couple of weeks ago.

Norwich and Watford are looking like they will take up the bottom two places, so we only really need to focus on getting above one more team, and it's incredibly tight above us. If we had held on to the lead today we would have been 14th.

Cedric not at the races, but I suspect he is being put in the shop window to create funds in Jan. Add 10% to the games of Redmond, Long, Hojberg, JWP, Stephens and Bednarek and we might not be losing these games. Too damn complacent after scoring one goal.

It must be a truly terrible shop to put him in the window

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What makes you say that? We literally just won 2 of them. 7 points in the last 4 is decent for a team as bad as ours.
We beat Watford and Norwich, and one of those with a huge slice of VAR luck. Both West Ham andVvilla will know that we are a team they should be beating, and they will. We are a very poor footballing side, coupled with the fact that mentally as soon as something goes wrong we just **** ourselves. No good keep saying "we should have...", because wer don't....