Saints v West Ham - Match Thread

St Chalet

Not one single Saints player has even been slightly average so far - utter utter dross! Surely that can't be down to players alone?

It's the hope that kills you - if they're not going to even try, then I would rather we just threw in the towel and forfeit the rest of our games and stop the agony! See you next Tuesday's!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Read this on the BBC match thread:

Steve Brown

Former Charlton Athletic defender on BBC Radio London

Nathan Redmond was awful first half, truly awful. I have seen him tear sides up before and he can be unplayable but he look disinterested today. You would have to ask the manager if he is pointing the finger at him but his performance was so poor that it was obvious he was either going to get 10 minutes to prove himself or be dragged and he's gone. That's as poor as I have ever seen him.

Steve Brown, whoever he is, could probably be regarded as a fairly impartial observer so it's interesting to read that view.

If the club stick with Ralph there won’t be anyone left watching.

Yeah, the problem with that is that we'll still have Stephens, PEH, Vestergard, Cedric, Redmond, Bertrand, Bednarek, Romeu, and Long floating around the first team (some of who are out of form, but most of who are not of the standard we need).

Yeah, the problem with that is that we'll still have Stephens, PEH, Vestergard, Cedric, Redmond, Bertrand, Bednarek, Romeu, and Long floating around the first team (some of who are out of form, but most of who are not of the standard we need).

Are you suggesting Ralph is not actually any better than Mark Hughes? As I can’t see the difference

If the roles were reversed and we were 1-0 up, 2 goals disallowed etc. I’d be fearing for Saints, knowing they’d **** it away. This way round it’ll be easy, cruise control for the win for WHU.

We are so unthreatening, powderpuff all over the park. No one willing to get stuck in.

Swap him for a traffic cone, it would still be an improvement.

I hope our scouting network are keeping a close watch on Boufal's kitchen table as well as I believe that has made more meaningful challenges than most of our defenders or midfield players this season.

I’m sorry but Ralph, you obviously have not researched West Ham one tiny bit. You haven’t considered Antonio’s threat at all, you are ill prepared for this match in every way and are an amateur.

Shouldn't we have scouts and others watching and providing him with input on the upcoming opposition ? (I recall Adkins said that was down to Crosby, and Lawrie once gave John Mortimore credit for much of this )Not looking to completely absolve him of blame but it does seem we are ill-prepared in every respect.

Perhaps we have delegated this duty to one of the many goalkeeping coaches we have.

Surprised to note we've already had about 25 minutes of the 2nd half. We don't appear to have done anything.

Our players also seem surprised when the ball comes to them - one thing I was taught as a youngster was: never be surprised by the ball.