Aston Villa 1 - 3 Saints - FT - Reactions and Christmas Cheer!

Heisenberg

Get in... Nice Xmas present to the fans from the Saints ... good performance, good goals, defensively pretty sound... out of the bottom 3...

Hope the Saints saved enough to give me a late present ... as I'm travelling back home next week and will be at the Palace game ...

Merry Xmas everyone :-)

Well played lads didn't think they had it in them. First time we've scored 3 all season, Stephens was outstanding. Clearly a player in there after all. We'd clearly be ****ed without Ings but then you could say that about most teams with their main scorer taken away. I don't like this team whatsoever but they might just have enough to survive again.

Played well to a man, but that Long miss from a yard out ! !!!

Thought both full backs were great, especially in the first half. Brilliant run from Bertrand to win the corner for the 2nd goal.

Well done to Jack Stephens. He may not be Toby, or Fonte, but he is one of the best 2 we have at the moment.

We should have won the last 3 away games and be mid table, but is looking a bit more hopeful .

Can't argue with beating all three sides in the relegation zone in recent weeks...takes some bottle.

Sounded like our best performance of the season today.

Great team selection from Ralph.

Absolutely massive run of results, that's in effect a 12 point swing against our direct relegation rivals.

We're still in a relegation battle, but we've found at least three teams that could well end up worse than us.

To the lot of you who keep critizising on and on the team, think we are already down and have given up, go and support another football club.

You should be ashamed of yourselves.

You ll no doubt be back calling for Ralph s head if we lose to Chelsea on boxing day.

So you are pleased with the rest of the season so far?

All right, all right, all right. Pretty cool.

Thought we played quite nicely (albeit, Villa were appalling), and should have had an even more comprehensive victory but for some sloppy play at both ends.

I wanted to give the much maligned Stephens a big wrap for his uncharacteristically competent defensive performance - but then he blotted his copybook in the last few minutes with two characteristic lapses in concentration that caused a bit of panic. Still, you've got to take what you can get with our defence.

18 points at almost halfway - will double that keep us up? At least we're still hanging in there, fighting.

Onwards. Merry Christmas everyone.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

we don't make it easy do we? even at three nil up! excellent result but still the nerves/mistakes remain

Not sure what mistakes you are referring to. Their goal was a great shot which McCarthy couldn't do anything about. We were a team in the bottom 3 playing away from home. We created far more chances than Villa and deserved the win. I actually thought it was easy, even when they scored.

To the lot of you who keep critizising on and on the team, think we are already down and have given up, go and support another football club.

You should be ashamed of yourselves.

You ll no doubt be back calling for Ralph s head if we lose to Chelsea on boxing day.

Hmmm, ashamed of yourselves you should be I tells ya!