Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chelsea vs Saints - Boxing Day Build-up

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Le God View Post
    No, why would they need to lie about that because of an upcoming transfer? In any case Hassenhuttl has now stated Boufal is now in training and no longer requires injections.
    OK. Imagine he will start in one of the next few games...

good news

Quote Originally Posted by DT View Post
    Get very tight and physical on Willian to stop him playing. He doesn't like that. Who in our team can do that? Hmmm. Romeu has to play this one against his old club. Rest Hoj?
    Willian drops like a sack of s..t at any kind of physicality so get Bernie to hit him hard and early and he'll leap out of the way of Bernie every time he comes near.
    We can actually win this one. COYS

Quote Originally Posted by Lets B Avenue View Post
    That's because they are probably exactly like you, and go to every game expecting that we will lose.

Fixed it for you. Fact is, over the last 2-3 seasons I do go to games with little hope that we will win. Contrast that to the side that came up from the Championship as an example and I would most often think we had a chance of winning, even against the top sides. Much prefer to be optimistic, but the results and our league position dont lie unfortunately.

Four years ago today we beat Arsenal 4-0. Shane Long scored twice. Happy days.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Shroppie View Post
    Four years ago today we beat Arsenal 4-0. Shane Long scored twice. Happy days.

Are you implying that Shane Long could score twice at Chelsea. Too much Christmas grog mate......!

Sent from my SM-T590 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Micky View Post
    Are you implying that Shane Long could score twice at Chelsea. Too much Christmas grog mate......!

Sent from my SM-T590 using Tapatalk
    Probably not as he's injured. But Christmas is a time for fantasy and dreams coming true.

Hi All, need some help please? Having a senior moment, and as it's Christmas (yes it was yesterday, but you what I mean) some kind sole might want to help. Just subscribed to Amazon Prime for the game today, and logged on to Prime Video but no mention of the game (or any games). Searched and tried all sorts but no way can I find it. Anyone know how to watch the footy on this site?

Many thanks in advance and a very happy Christmas!

Quote Originally Posted by Red View Post
    Hi All, need some help please? Having a senior moment, and as it's Christmas (yes it was yesterday, but you what I mean) some kind sole might want to help. Just subscribed to Amazon Prime for the game today, and logged on to Prime Video but no mention of the game (or any games). Searched and tried all sorts but no way can I find it. Anyone know how to watch the footy on this site?

Many thanks in advance and a very happy Christmas!
    Youve downloaded the Prime Video app and logged in then?
    Just checked mine and on the Home screen I’ve got the games listed/shown at the top of the screen.
    If you haven’t got that log out and go back in again, might take a while to register perhaps?

If your doing it on an app and not on TV you need to download amazon prime video, it's a separate app.

What on earth is that team? Guess we don't want to score.

Thought he might rest Ings today

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Le God View Post
    No, why would they need to lie about that because of an upcoming transfer? In any case Hassenhuttl has now stated Boufal is now in training and no longer requires injections.
    Guess not fit enough again

Not too much rotation, well not any, barring Ings and the forced injury to Long.

No Long.

Ings on the bench.

Obi & Che start.

State of that bench! Maya, Danso, Jannik, Rom, Boufal, Ings.

Quote Originally Posted by igsey View Post
    Saving players for the Palace game ?

Looks like weve given up on today, saving Ings for Palace. Very risky.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd have dropped a striker and put Romeu in but hey ho. Should cause their defence a few problems hopefully. Sadly I can see Abraham causing ours multiple issues.

I think Ralph has got it spot on resting Ings today. With Long out, we need Ings 100% fresh for Saturday against palace. Come on you Reds

Today is the day for Adams to give Ralph something to think about. Interested to see what he can now do with a few months in the squad now and getting more than 10 minutes today.

Quote Originally Posted by davefizzy14 View Post
    I think Ralph has got it spot on resting Ings today. With Long out, we need Ings 100% fresh for Saturday against palace. Come on you Reds
    Yeah I agree but leaving out your only goal scorer does come across as a bit defeatist.
    ‘Didn’t he do similar against Chelsea last year ?

Quote Originally Posted by Convict Colony View Post
    If your doing it on an app and not on TV you need to download amazon prime video, it's a separate app.
    Thanks guys - figured it out. Not available in Ireland. Blooming Amazon - just hope there is a decent stream around. Thought I was losing it for a while.

This boufal ‘injury’ gets more ridiculous by the week

People complaining about Ings not playing are living on another planet.

He has a poor track record of serious injury, we can’t play him in every game over Xmas/New Year.

Very reasonable selection from Ralph imo.

Quote Originally Posted by igsey View Post
    Ings needs to be rested one game, this one is sensible, and Long is injured.

Quote Originally Posted by beatlesaint View Post
    Yeah I agree but leaving out your only goal scorer does come across as a bit defeatist.
    Didnt he do similar against Chelsea last year ?
    I guess playing the percentages....

Saving him as much as poss for two home games coming up...

Anyway, Adams needs a break. Paid good money for him and halfway into the season, best he has done is hit the post. Not good enough so far

Romeu for Hoj would have been a no-brainier, especially against his old club, no? Most odd

Ings has been rested to allow him to start Saturday and then Thursday without any issues (he'll be benched against Huddersfield).... no brainer.

29. Default

Ings rested then.... Common sense prevails it would seem

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by trousers View Post
    Ings rested then.... Common sense prevails it would seem
    Daft, perhaps he is not 100%. Fitness is not an issue. He can pick up a serious injury any time. Shouldplay your best team for every game,playing the percentages seldom works in practice :-)

Quote Originally Posted by DT View Post
    Romeu for Hoj would have been a no-brainier, especially against his old club, no? Most odd

Would have thought so. If Hoj gets booked today isn’t he out for the Palace game though?

32. Default

Thought we'd have a good go today. Confident from the villa win and knowing Chelsea have been pretty poor at home.

Starting line up is very off and only one winner now for me

3-0 Chelsea

Today is a free hit, anything gained is a bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by beatlesaint View Post
    ‘Didn’t he do similar against Chelsea last year ?
    Yeah and we got a draw

If we're losing and in need of a goal he'll come on in the second half.

Quote Originally Posted by VectisSaint View Post
    Daft, perhaps he is not 100%. Fitness is not an issue. He can pick up a serious injury any time. Shouldplay your best team for every game,playing the percentages seldom works in practice :-)
    No. He may be fit but tired. Picking up an injury, in any sport, is more likely if you're tired. Remember there's only one day's rest between the games.

Anyway, he's on the bench if needed...

Crikey. In Ralphs pre match interview he was so subdued its like hes already resigned to having already lost this one. No wonder we dont start with energy

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by VectisSaint View Post
    young players like Obafemi and Adams have to learn to play against opposition like this in the Prem.
    If they can't show up at all, then their futures look bleak.

we can always wait for Danny Ings to come on at 80 mins. and score the winner.