Blasphemy and Duck Rape

Yorkshire Saint

The art of debate is truly alive and well. Still did not see anything that doesn't show that religion is a man made construct other wise those other books must also be true based on the same reasoning so, the Bible the Quran, Buddhist texts, Hindu Vedas are all equally valid.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Surely that’s representative of nothing more than a worldwide hiatus in religious service and preaching, which has lead to people downloading apps and online text. Looking at the countries with high death tolls, I think we can safely conclude than prayer is having zero effect on anything.

5 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

Surely that’s representative of nothing more than a worldwide hiatus in religious service and preaching, which has lead to people downloading apps and online text. Looking at the countries with high death tolls, I think we can safely conclude than prayer is having zero effect on anything.

No, not at all. 99% of those who attend church services will already own a bible. Plus the vast majority are having online services. 

the stats on downloads in Iran and China are quite staggering. I’ll try finding them when I get the chance to. 

@Raging Bull

1) What do you make of religious people who are saying they won't wear facemasks because they consider it is disrespectful for the amazing breathing system God designed?

2) Incidentally... it isn't a 'good design' of a breathing system. If God did design it then he is inept because why would a competent deity design a system where you use the same tube for breathing and eating? That is just asking for choking disasters! 🙄

3) Or that they won't take their relatives to hospital because they have prayed for them? 

Edited by Matthew Le God

7 hours ago, Raging Bull said:

No, not at all. 99% of those who attend church services will already own a bible. Plus the vast majority are having online services. 

the stats on downloads in Iran and China are quite staggering. I’ll try finding them when I get the chance to. 

I guess there’re a few people who were previously dormant turning to religion out of fear, which is all religion is really, when you think about it.

On 21/07/2020 at 17:33, Lighthouse said:

I guess there’re a few people who were previously dormant turning to religion out of fear, which is all religion is really, when you think about it.

I’ve thought about and nah not really

3 hours ago, Mystic Force said:

Whenever I think that I am getting fed up with the religious nutters in America, I remember the graph from this article and it makes me feel better at our progress.

The rise of the nones in the US

We’ll get there in the end, just sadly not in our lifetimes. If anything I feel the nutters help some of the moderates see sense.

16 minutes ago, Raging Bull said:

I’m sure we will 1 day

I think you misunderstand me, I don’t wish any ill at all upon Christians, or any other person of faith. Moreover, I’d like to see all of them (You) freed from what I regard as tyranny. I won’t drone on, because if the greatest minds of our generation can’t convince you otherwise then I certainly can’t. I say this as someone who was confirmed as a Christian as a teenager but have since learned to question what my parents and schools taught me as a child.

3 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

I think you misunderstand me, I don’t wish any ill at all upon Christians, or any other person of faith. Moreover, I’d like to see all of them (You) freed from what I regard as tyranny. I won’t drone on, because if the greatest minds of our generation can’t convince you otherwise then I certainly can’t. I say this as someone who was confirmed as a Christian as a teenager but have since learned to question what my parents and schools taught me as a child.

I don’t think for a second you wish anyone ill. 

I come at it the other way around from you, but this has been done to death. 

the only thing I will say is that I’ve never been freer. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Raging Bull said:

I don’t think for a second you wish anyone ill. 

I come at it the other way around from you, but this has been done to death. 

the only thing I will say is that I’ve never been freer. 

You aren't free from a book that endorses and instructs a lot of evil.

The character of the devil kills less than the character of God in that old book! So why have you decided the character of the devil is the bad guy and not the character of God?

Edited by Matthew Le God
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

14 hours ago, Matthew Le God said:

You aren't free from a book that endorses and instructs a lot of evil.

The character of the devil kills less than the character of God in that old book! So why have you decided the character of the devil is the bad guy and not the character of God?

How you feel able to determine what makes someone else feel freer is beyond me. A feeling of freedom is entirely subjective. 

58 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

By some distance the most fundamentalist person on the thread. Insane.

That's a bit unfair. I think Raging Bull literally believes that unrepentant sinners are tormented in hell for eternity.

Edited by benjii
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, egg said:

How you feel able to determine what makes someone else feel freer is beyond me. A feeling of freedom is entirely subjective. 

Nonsense. If you believe in and worship something like Raging Bull does with the genocidal God of the Bible then you aren't free from it. It is not subjective.

Edited by Matthew Le God

4 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

Jesus came to me in a dream and explained it to me, so I believe I do.

1) A dream is a construct of your mind... it isn't reality 🙄

2) Even if he existed, Jesus is not able to change definitions of words

Edited by Matthew Le God

48 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

Nonsense. If you believe in and worship something like Raging Bull does with the genocidal God of the Bible then you aren't free from it. It is not subjective.

Nonsense. A persons personal feelings are entirely that. If something that makes Raging Bull feel freer doesn't make you feel freer, it doesn't negate the freedom he feels. 

You don't own other people's feelings. They do. 

• Lighthouse changed the title to Blasphemy and Duck Rape