Blasphemy and Duck Rape

Yorkshire Saint

I suspect that's because nobody a) is interested or b) can be arsed to get into another 28 rounds of repetitive tedium with you.

Your constant invitations to re-open a debate that only you wanted were pathetic. Let it go mate.

Bravo sir. Its hilarious how desperate he got. Had to humour him a little last night :-)

Ok so no one rebutted my suggestion that religion is a man made concept with human authored books. All you got was ad hominem on MLG because the way he presents himself makes you think its an easy game to play rather than bolsters your position, it suggest how little there is to back it up.

Seen no positive evidence of this entity, nor any for the version put in that book, which is refuted by a number of other books equally written back in time with their own versions.

If you cant explain it then it makes the position seem weak. It takes a minimum of interpretation as its written in ancient languages which have to be translated into our language plus a lot of the context around it is lost to us now through the passage of time, needing more interpretation on our part to get to the meaning, for example Hebrew of the time was written without vowels. Which is why we are not even 100% sure how the name of god was pronounced although Yahweh seems to be the best bet. So yes it needs explanation because none of the message the guy who stands up at the front on Sunday doesn't come without interpretation. If you want to read it literally you end up with idiots building giant boats where they collected together the termites and carpenter ant which eat the hell out of it. Penguins coming from Antarctica, and dealing with so much pooh.

So not being able to answer a question is a sign of victory? Then in that case god definitely won as he provided not a single answer.

What sane person persistently badgers someone to debate Adam & Eve or Noah & his ark ffs? It's mental. You could call me out to debate whether ghosts are real, or some other random boll0x, and my refusal to engage wouldn't be a victory - rather, I'd be normal person not wanting to waste my time indulging someone who isn't.

What sane person persistently badgers someone to debate Adam & Eve or Noah & his ark ffs? It's mental. You could call me out to debate whether ghosts are real, or some other random boll0x, and my refusal to engage wouldn't be a victory - rather, I'd be normal person not wanting to waste my time indulging someone who isn't.

He accused me of not understanding and refused to explain why my summary of the genocide was incorrect. That is not how discussions work. That is how trolling works.

If he doesn't like it... he shouldn't make claims he is unable or unwilling to justify.

He accused me of not understanding and refused to explain why my summary of the genocide was incorrect. That is not how discussions work. That is how trolling works.

If he doesn't like it... he shouldn't make claims he is unable or unwilling to justify.

Yet again you prove me right. You’re like washed up boxer who doesn’t know when to retire. With every desperate, floundering post you prove me right and broaden the scale of my victory. If this was a football match my fans would be singing “what’s it like to be outclassed” to the small band of bedraggled followers that hadn’t left early.

Have you seriously got no answers to the questions thst pick apart your belief system? ;)

It doesn't pick it apart. It just proves your total lack of awareness. I won another thread against you, that's about 45-0 now over the last few years. Stick to stuff you know about, like computer games.

It doesn't pick it apart. It just proves your total lack of awareness. I won another thread against you, that's about 45-0 now over the last few years. Stick to stuff you know about, like computer games.

You haven't "won". That would require you constructing a watertight answer to my questions... when you dont bother answering them!

Ok duckie, here’s a very short answer to the flood.

The “people” drowned in the flood weren’t “real” people as we know them today. And what I mean by “real” is that they weren’t entirely human. They’d been mixing with other things. Therefore God didn’t murder a planet of “innocent” people, as you’re constantly so keen to keep dropping into this thread.

But then again you’ve read the bible so you’d know that already. Oh, hang on you clearly haven’t and are lying...

To save you the time duckie, Go to Genesis 6 for the answer.

The “people” drowned in the flood weren’t “real” people as we know them today. And what I mean by “real” is that they weren’t entirely human. They’d been mixing with other things. Therefore God didn’t murder a planet of “innocent” people, as you’re constantly so keen to keep dropping into this thread.

But then again you’ve read the bible so you’d know that already. Oh, hang on you clearly haven’t and are lying...

Manbearpig?

You haven't "won". That would require you constructing a watertight answer to my questions... when you dont bother answering them!

The funny thing is i didn't need to answer them to win the thread, you handed me victory by your series of own goals.

1) What verse in Genesis are you claiming says the were not "real people"?

2) What were the "mixing with"?

3) Was Noah and his family Not one of these unreal people?

4) Even if the weren't "real people" it is still genocide to kill them. That is not the action of a kind and loving God!

1) What verse in Genesis are you claiming says the were not "real people"?

2) What were the "mixing with"?

3) Was Noah and his family Not one of these unreal people?

4) Even if the weren't "real people" it is still genocide to kill them. That is not the action of a kind and loving God!

1&2 answered in Gen 6:4

3. No

4. If he didn’t do this then the world would have been an incredibly different place you wouldn’t have the opportunity to sit behind your keyboard for hours on end questioning what a kind and loving God has actually done for you.

And by the way, your question about Adam and Eve is also massively off track.

The very fact God gave them the free will to choose shows just how kind he is. If he didn’t give them the opportunity to choose then he’d have been no different to the dictators of this world.

Just as you’ve got the choice and free will to believe, or not

1&2 answered in Gen 6:4

3. No

4. If he didn’t do this then the world would have been an incredibly different place you wouldn’t have the opportunity to sit behind your keyboard for hours on end questioning what a kind and loving God has actually done for you.

1) Animals can only breed with the same species. You think humans bred with Giants!

2) Apart from a story in an old book about these fallen angel giants they need with... do you have any evidence of them? DNA evidence for example?

3) How did Noah's ancestors not become involved with this breeding?

4) He created the rules, he created the loophole to circumvent his rules. He created the global flood to kill innocent babies. He killed thousands of innocent Egyptian babies. Kind and loving?

I’m waisting my time here and have better things to do.

The very fact that you’ve changed from the flood to exodus shows you’re somewhat desperate and even when you’ve had the answer pointed out to you, you still won’t accept it.

I come back to something I said a few months ago. We all live by rules. Back in Noah’s day they all had rules. Noah and his family were the only ones to stick to them.

Back then they ALL would have known about Gods rules. They chose to disobey them.

By 'this' do you mean filicide? Presumably that's more acceptable than genocide?

1) Animals can only breed with the same species. You think humans bred with Giants!

2) Apart from a story in an old book about these fallen angel giants they need with... do you have any evidence of them? DNA evidence for example?

3) How did Noah's ancestors not become involved with this breeding?

4) He created the rules, he created the loophole to circumvent his rules. He created the global flood to kill innocent babies. He killed thousands of innocent Egyptian babies. Kind and loving?

https://www.bing.com/images/search?view=detailV2&ccid=LpJKpkLw&id=4223202EB62CAA3EF87C63C49B0F7EF19E0C4635&thid=OIP.LpJKpkLwEKRCelMDaf0hIQHaEK&mediaurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.101greatgoals.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2016%2F03%2Fborussia-monchengladbach-scored.jpg&exph=1080&expw=1920&q=own+goal&simid=607998078429564766&selectedindex=6&adlt=strict&shtp=GetUrl&shid=1cf9fe7b-06e0-4300-8306-a1c2a8fdbbd7&shtk=T3duIEdvYWwgR0lGIC0gT3duIEdvYWwgLSBEaXNjb3Zlc iAmIFNoYXJlIEdJRnM%3D&shdk=Rm91bmQgb24gQmluZyBmcm9tIHRlbm9yLmNvbQ%3D%3D&shhk=NiAPXf7ixSIGp0a6dEup6ijlRi0gX4nuwGdzhmfafOc%3 D&form=EX0023&shth=OSH.apZwCXLPw01HrrbuY0zmCg

1)

Oh man, you get worse MLG - asking for DNA evidence of a bible story. Jeez.

So God gave Adam and Eve the choice between right and wrong, they chose the wrong path and were cast out of the Garden of Eden. Correct so far?.

Then we come to Noah. God decided to wipe wickedness of the face of the earth by means of drowning mankind apart from Noah and his family and only a tiny proportion of all wild life was saved.After that God again allowed the world to go to sh*t again and here we are today.

God doesn’t get many things right does he considering he is all powerful. Oh, and apparently he is going to do it all again come Armageddon.

This is an ancient story which is less believable than Harry Potter. Today religion is a carrot to all those that are desperate to believe in something that offers hope and peace of mind, sad really as, just like billions of people before they will depart this earth disappointed that God never showed his face or proved his almightiness.

So God gave Adam and Eve the choice between right and wrong, they chose the wrong path and were cast out of the Garden of Eden. Correct so far?.

Then we come to Noah. God decided to wipe wickedness of the face of the earth by means of drowning mankind apart from Noah and his family and only a tiny proportion of all wild life was saved.After that God again allowed the world to go to sh*t again and here we are today.

God doesn’t get many things right does he considering he is all powerful. Oh, and apparently he is going to do it all again come Armageddon.

This is an ancient story which is less believable than Harry Potter. Today religion is a carrot to all those that are desperate to believe in something that offers hope and peace of mind, sad really as, just like billions of people before they will depart this earth disappointed that God never showed his face or proved his almightiness.

Would you rather he simply controlled everything and didn't give us any choice?

Armageddon is just a place, there will be no battle. That's a Hollywood thing

According to who?

God, obvs.

It's just the place where armies/leaders come together and get ready to rumble, but it doesn't happen. Christ annihilates them as they get ready to fight against him because by then the entire world will know he's coming back.

Would you rather he simply controlled everything and didn't give us any choice?

Armageddon is just a place, there will be no battle. That's a Hollywood thing

It has other uses too

[video=youtube_share;jRaQJPjJ4VU]

God, obvs.

It's just the place where armies/leaders come together and get ready to rumble, but it doesn't happen. Christ annihilates them as they get ready to fight against him because by then the entire world will know he's coming back.

I still prefer Worms Armageddon personally.

God, obvs.

So once again everything is pre-ordained. Perhaps these 'leaders' should just sit down together and have a picnic, WWJD then ?

God, obvs.

More Lord of the Rings than Harry Potter then.

The book of Revelation is so spaced out that it has hundreds of different interpretations.

Most seem to agree though that Armaggedon is when Jesus will rid the earth of all evilness using fire and earthquake etc ETC, you know, the normal doom and gloom stuff and not very encouraging for us sinners.

Jehovah Witnesses lives are governed by their belief that the end is very soon and only they will survive as do some other religions but your standard religions tend not to place much emphasis on Revelations, probably because it reads as if it was written by someone on LSD and makes no sense at all.

Edited by Saint Billy
Tired typo

God, obvs.

That didn't work so well with a small but merry band of Roman soldiers armed with swords and pointy sticks. How is he going to get on against Russian ICBMs?

So we are arguing over if killing everyone with water is a moral act for a god because people misbehaved according to set of rules that only existed for the "chosen" people. The other possibility is this is made up and never happened. We do not see anything in the world consistent with the necessary water that would have to be used, so at this point the moral question should be asked of the people who wrote this rather than directed at a god. Prove to me that this book and other religious texts are not man made inventions. Because the books are more consistent with a man made fiction than an accurate account of what happened.

• Lighthouse changed the title to Blasphemy and Duck Rape