Blasphemy and Duck Rape

Yorkshire Saint

Do you deny the God of the Bible supports genocide, sexism, homophobia and slavery?

It isn't bull****... it is what that horrific book says the God endorses! It is not a book of peace and goodwill in the slightest it is abhorrent in its morals and the behaviour of its lead character.

Most non believers have indifference yet you seem quite evangelical about your atheism. Who hurt you?

Do you also get worked up by Hindu festivals? Weddings?

Also you have a very simplistic view of the bible. I’m no theologian myself but you don’t seem to understand the gospels.

Because you are unable to construct a coherent rebuttal and can only resort to personal insults?

No because I think you are a total utter t0sser and I can’t be arsed too why does it matter so much to you were you buggered by the local priest?

If I believe or not it doesn’t matter to you it doesn’t impact you.

Happy Christmas Easter isn’t far away when Lord Jesus rises from the dead

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What are you saying I am ignorant about exactly? :rolleyes:

Were you not aware the Bible contains those things I mentioned? Have you been brainwashed and indoctrinated to think it doesn't contain those things and cherry pick the things you like from it and conveniently ignore the horrific side of the character of God? The book should be banned from publication for endorsing sexism, homophobia, genocide and slavery.

You literally have zero ideas as to what the bible is actually all about. Be honest, have you even read it??

So...

A message about peace and goodwill to all depends into a slanging match.

The Christian scripture is not about peace and goodwill. It contains God instructing his chosen tribe to commit genocide on neighbouring tribes, him commuting his own mass genocides, instructutions for slavery, sexism and homophobia. It is a religion which is the complete opposite of peace and goodwill... unless you conveniently ignore those bits!

No because I think you are a total utter t0sser and I can’t be arsed too why does it matter so much to you were you buggered by the local priest?

If I believe or not it doesn’t matter to you it doesn’t impact you.

Happy Christmas Easter isn’t far away when Lord Jesus rises from the dead

It matters because brainwashed and indoctrinated people allow thus bronze age nonsense to influence their actions and thus impacts on other people

Most non believers have indifference yet you seem quite evangelical about your atheism. Who hurt you?

Do you also get worked up by Hindu festivals? Weddings?

Also you have a very simplistic view of the bible. I’m no theologian myself but you don’t seem to understand the gospels.

What have I not understood about the gospels? Do you deny God ordered genocides in the Bible? Or that the Bible contains instructions for slavery? Or that it is homophobic? Or that it is sexist? Or that it says God commits mass genocide by drowning people in a flood? How have I misunderstood any of that? The God of the Bible is horrifically evil fictional character. People cherry pick the stories to ignore this parts of the scripture

There is if it is a religion of God that supports genocide, sexism, homophobia and slavery like that of the God of the Bible!

When you were exchanging gifts with your family celebrating this Christian festival you didn’t seem too concerned about sexism, genocide and homophobia

What have I not understood about the gospels? Do you deny God ordered genocides in the Bible? Or that the Bible contains instructions for slavery? Or that it is homophobic? Or that it is sexist? Or that it says God commits mass genocide by drowning people in a flood? How have I misunderstood any of that? The God of the Bible is horrifically evil fictional character. People cherry pick the stories to ignore this parts of the scripture

Yet you celebrate his sons birthday, you utter hypocrite

So do you think Christians have missed all this, or do you think the vicars across the globe are preaching this to their congregations?

Slavery was abolished by Christians btw. Were they going against their god’s orders as he wanted more of them and some more killing?

It matters because brainwashed and indoctrinated people allow thus bronze age nonsense to influence their actions and thus impacts on other people

Did you get buggered by local priest you seem very upset?

Did he influence you or impact you you that much you turned?

When you were exchanging gifts with your family celebrating this Christian festival you didn’t seem too concerned about sexism, genocide and homophobia

I wasnr celebrating the Cjristian festival as I've told you numerous times. There was no religious element to it what so ever! I can't celebrate the birth of someone I dont think there is enougj evidence to believe existed... let alone was the son of god.

Did you get buggered by local priest you seem very upset?

Did he influence you or impact you you that much you turned?

It has had and continues to have an extremely negative impact on humanity to be brainwashed and indoctrinated with these bronze age myths. People allow this to influence their actions and that impacts on others

So do you think Christians have missed all this, or do you think the vicars across the globe are preaching this to their congregations?

Slavery was abolished by Christians btw. Were they going against their god’s orders as he wanted more of them and some more killing?

Christians cherry pick from the scripture ignoring the bits they don't like and make excuses for them when questioned about it. Do you deny God in the Bible endorses slavery, sexism, homophobia and genocide?

Christians cherry pick from the scripture ignoring the bits they don't like and make excuses for them when questioned about it. Do you deny God in the Bible endorses slavery, sexism, homophobia and genocide?

Do you need counselling you seem very disturbed I know a very good minister that can help and guide you on the road to purity and righteousness?

Bless you read Matthew Mark Luke or John and find some peace

I wasnr celebrating the Cjristian festival as I've told you numerous times. There was no religious element to it what so ever! I can't celebrate the birth of someone I dont think there is enougj evidence to believe existed... let alone was the son of god.

You celebrated a Christian festival. However much you protest against it you did. That makes you a hypocrite.

Of course he doesn’t endorse it. All you’re proving is you completely and utterly don’t understand God’s word.

Probably because some of it doesn’t site well with your liberal world view.

Perhaps you should sit down when you read this, but Jesus was not born on 25th December.

I’m not sure why you keep going on about it. Christmas is a Christian festival and MLG, the staunch atheist who believes the bible condones racism, sexism, genocide and many other things celebrated it, making him a hypocrite.

I’m not sure why you keep going on about it. Christmas is a Christian festival and MLG, the staunch atheist who believes the bible condones racism, sexism, genocide and many other things celebrated it, making him a hypocrite.

How many more times do I need to tell you... I did not celebrate Jesus north! I don't think there is enough evidence to support the claim he existed... so I would not celebrate his birth. That then makes it impossible for me to to be a hypocrite about it as you keep claiming!

Of course he doesn’t endorse it. All you’re proving is you completely and utterly don’t understand God’s word.

Probably because some of it doesn’t site well with your liberal world view.

Why did he commit a mass genocide with a flood? Why did he give instructions for who you could own as a slave? Why does he not value men and woman equally?

It appears it is you that doesn't understand what the scripture says and are making excuses for the inexcusable!

How many more times do I need to tell you... I did not celebrate Jesus north! I don't think there is enough evidence to support the claim he existed... so I would not celebrate his birth. That then makes it impossible for me to to be a hypocrite about it as you keep claiming!

Okay, you just randomly picked the 25th December to spend the day with you family exchanging gifts. We believe you. :rolleyes:

Bless you read Matthew Mark Luke or John and find some peace

They all condradict each other.

Plus there is a major mistake on page one of Matthew. What is the purpose of the beginning of Matthew? It is to link Jesus and his family history to prophecy. But it makes the mistake of doing it through Joseph... who is not related to Jesus biologically so a glaring error on page 1!

Why did he commit a mass genocide with a flood? Why did he give instructions for who you could own as a slave? Why does he not value men and woman equally?

It appears it is you that doesn't understand what the scripture says and are making excuses for the inexcusable!

Could it be there were a lot of people like you around in those times?

Okay, you just randomly picked the 25th December to spend the day with you family exchanging gifts. We believe you. :rolleyes:

Christainity use the date 25th December because it was that of a Roman festival and nicked elements of that festival. It is not original for Christmas... Christians punched it. Just like they did with the virgin birth story... That was a late addition to the Bible, just like many other elements to the story. It is a patchwork quilt of a story nicked from other stories.

I do things on the 25th because I live in a country where my relatives get time off work all at the same time of year. That does not make me a hypocrite ffs

Christainity use the date 25th December because it was that of a Roman festival and nicked elements of that festival. It is not original for Christmas... Christians punched it. Just like they did with the virgin birth story... That was a late addition to the Bible, just like many other elements to the story. It is a patchwork quilt of a story nicked from other stories.

I do things on the 25th because I live in a country where my relatives get time off work all at the same time of year. That does not make me a hypocrite ffs

They will also be off work New Year’s Day. Why not have your present exchanges that day? Why do it on the 25th December? Why not just choose any random day during the year when you’re all off work, August bank holiday perhaps?

I understand it perfectly well.

The Jews are Gods chosen people, yes? I’m not really asking you, it’s a rhetorical question. And who are the slaves? His people, read Exodus.

Who are set to receive an almighty beating at the end of the age? Yep, his chosen people. Read revelation.

So when you’re talking out of your hairy 1 as usual you might actually wanna try understand what exactly He’s really doing, but you won’t because of your flat out hatred towards Him.

Tell me something, do you honestly believe we’re here by pure accident/fluke? Seriously? Like the perfect distance from the sun etc with just the right amount of atmosphere etc for life to exist. Because if you do think it’s a fluke then it’s the equivalent of a tornado hitting a junk yard and building a jumbo jet.

Which is typical of a self righteous, me first group of idiots.

They all condradict each other.

Plus there is a major mistake on page one of Matthew. What is the purpose of the beginning of Matthew? It is to link Jesus and his family history to prophecy. But it makes the mistake of doing it through Joseph... who is not related to Jesus biologically so a glaring error on page 1!

And this Mathew statement right here is why you haven’t actually understood the bible.

It’s fine Matthew, you don’t have to justify it to anyone. The traditional way of celebrating Christmas, a Christian festival for the birth of gods son, is to visit family, exchange gifts and have a meal and drinks. I completely get that you decided to visit family, exchange gifts and have a meal and drinks you weren’t celebrating A Christian festival at al you it just happened to be a compete coincidence that you chose to do these things on that day, not any of the other 364 days in a year.

Because you've never done anything you haven't fully believed in, like clapping a sh*t Saints player because the rest of the crowd are.

The Jews are Gods chosen people, yes? I’m not really asking you, it’s a rhetorical question. And who are the slaves? His people, read Exodus.

Who are set to receive an almighty beating at the end of the age? Yep, his chosen people. Read revelation.

So when you’re talking out of your hairy 1 as usual you might actually wanna try understand what exactly He’s really doing, but you won’t because of your flat out hatred towards Him.

Tell me something, do you honestly believe we’re here by pure accident/fluke? Seriously? Like the perfect distance from the sun etc with just the right amount of atmosphere etc for life to exist. Because if you do think it’s a fluke then it’s the equivalent of a tornado hitting a junk yard and building a jumbo jet.

There's some aliens on another planet telling themselves that same boll*cks.

And this Mathew statement right here is why you haven’t actually understood the bible.

But the Bible is a collection of selected texts; the Old Testament is a group of volumes originating in an orally transmited history, eventually written down in an arcane language, and subsequently serially translated through Hebrew, Aramaic, Greek, and Latin. The New Testament is a selected group of stories, taken from a far wider canon of works, put together through a series of meetings of the Catholic and Orthodox Churches, to satisfy the particular views of the heads of those Churches at those times. ( Hence why the NT in particular rewrites Mary Magdalene ).

Subsequent translation from Latin to English, so the Henry VIII could set himself up as the head of a new Church, and get both a divorce and the wealth of the Catholic monastries, means that you have to ask, which version of The Bible is, in fact the Word ?

I now know where you got your username pal.

I’ve never done anything I’m vehemently opposed too, Like MLG is about god and religion

:mcinnes:

Yet again... I'll ask... but I have little hope of getting an answer... what do you think I have done that I am opposed to?

Because if your answer is celebrate Jesus' birth... you are wrong. I visited family, ate a roast turkey and gave presents. Jesus was not involved in any way.

• Lighthouse changed the title to Blasphemy and Duck Rape