Blasphemy and Duck Rape

Yorkshire Saint

Visiting family and giving presents. No religious element to my day in the slightest. Celebrating this time of year with family and presrnts is a festival Christainty pitched from older traditions.

Yes there is, it’s a religious festival, celebrating the birth of the son of someone you don’t think exists. by taking part in it you are proving yourselves a hypocrite.

Yes there is, it’s a religious festival, celebrating the birth of the son of someone you don’t think exists. by taking part in it you are proving yourselves a hypocrite.

1) giving presents at this time of year - didn't originate in Christianity

2) decorating a tree - didn't originate in Christianity

3) visiting relatives - didn't originate with Christainity

4) eating turkey - didn't originate with Christainity

Etc etc!

So I am not a hypocrite as my day contains no religious element at all

1) giving presents at this time of year - didn't originate in Christianity

2) decorating a tree - didn't originate in Christianity

3) visiting relatives - didn't originate with Christainity

4) eating turkey - didn't originate with Christainity

Etc etc!

So I am not a hypocrite as my day contains no religious element at all

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/christmas

Christmas - the annual festival of the Christian church commemorating the birth of Jesus celebrated on the 25th December now generally observed as a legal holiday and exchanging gifts.

You are wrong (as usual) and you are a hypocrite.

Everything so mentioned existed before Christaining nicked it and absorbed it into Christmas. Christmas is a mush mash of other traditions, few elements if any are unique and original yo Christainity. Even the virgin birth story was stolen from other older traditions!

It’s a Christian festival celebrating the birth of gods son, by taking part in it you are celebrating it and that makes you a liar and a hypocrite and also wrong about your protestations, but we’re all used to you being wrong.

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/christmas

Christmas - the annual festival of the Christian church commemorating the birth of Jesus celebrated on the 25th December now generally observed as a legal holiday and exchanging gifts.

You are wrong (as usual) and you are a hypocrite.

The feast of Saturnalia in Rome predates all of that. The festival was taken over later by the early Christians.

But as we all say, Peace on Earth and goodwill to all :)

Everything so mentioned existed before Christaining nicked it and absorbed it into Christmas. Christmas is a mush mash of other traditions, few elements if any are unique and original yo Christainity. Even the virgin birth story was stolen from other older traditions!

Jesus didn’t exist before Christianity did he and the birth of the person it’s about is pretty unique! Mr wrong or should that be mr hypocrite

Whatever you believe in, it has to be a good thing to have one day a year when we try not to be arseholes to each other. But as Scrooge said in the recent retelling of A Christmas Carol, maybe we have got it round the wrong way and we should spend all year being nice to each other and one day being arseholes?

Anyway, enjoy the day and savour being with the people you love and care about.

There is also a thread of this in the lounge and this thread is not football related so should be moved and or locked

Football was played on Christmas Day up until the 1950s and the return match was on Boxing Day. - the introduction of floodlights (of which Saints were one of the pioneers) removed the need to squeeze in games during public holidays. That last ever Christmas Day game was in 1967 I think Blackpool v someone else.

This thread is now Football related Ebenezer. :p:D

Actually Jesus is a scared figure to Muslims. Educate yo'self.

He didn’t say if they respected Jesus, he said if they didn’t celebrate Christmas, another embarrassing own goal in your desperation to be seen as a lovely left wing person Johnny Boy :lol:

I guess you didn’t get the message?

As the Pope might say, “Peace on all off you”.

Merry Christmas one and all.

Yes I did and I know it was a Roman festival. However you even said yourself that Christians picked it up so thereby confirming its a Christian festival, as MLG is at pains to state how he is atheist and takes everything absolutely literally any form of celebration however minor makes him a liar and a hypocrite. :D

Yes I did and I know it was a Roman festival. However you even said yourself that Christians picked it up so thereby confirming its a Christian festival, as MLG is at pains to state how he is atheist and takes everything absolutely literally any form of celebration however minor makes him a liar and a hypocrite. :D

Celebrsting the end of the year and giving presents to friends and family does not make me a liar or hypocrite ffs! There is no serious element do doing any of those things at all!

It has been taken over by Christians but is not exclusively a Christian festival.

He didn’t say if they respected Jesus, he said if they didn’t celebrate Christmas, another embarrassing own goal in your desperation to be seen as a lovely left wing person Johnny Boy :lol:

Have you overdone the Festivus sherry old man? I'm not the one doing his usual act of trolling people using your dislike of minorities.

Celebrsting the end of the year and giving presents to friends and family does not make me a liar or hypocrite ffs! There is no serious element do doing any of those things at all!

Why do it on the 25th of December then? Why not do it on the 28th, 30th or an other day of the year?

What exactly do you think I celebrated? What religious element to my day do you think there was? :mcinnes:

It’s fine Matthew, you don’t have to justify it to anyone. The traditional way of celebrating Christmas, a Christian festival for the birth of gods son, is to visit family, exchange gifts and have a meal and drinks. I completely get that you decided to visit family, exchange gifts and have a meal and drinks you weren’t celebrating A Christian festival at al you it just happened to be a compete coincidence that you chose to do these things on that day, not any of the other 364 days in a year.

There is if it is a religion of God that supports genocide, sexism, homophobia and slavery like that of the God of the Bible!

How about you just **** off and give us all a bit of peace? Go and play your computer game you sad muppet.

Peace and goodwill to those that believe those that don’t I won’t preach to you so don’t feed me your pathetic bull and preach to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How about you just **** off and give us all a bit of peace? Go and play your computer game you sad muppet.

Peace and goodwill to those that believe those that don’t I won’t preach to you so don’t feed me your pathetic bull and preach to me.

Do you deny the God of the Bible supports genocide, sexism, homophobia and slavery?

It isn't bull****... it is what that horrific book says the God endorses! It is not a book of peace and goodwill in the slightest it is abhorrent in its morals and the behaviour of its lead character.

Do you deny the God of the Bible supports genocide, sexism, homophobia and slavery?

It isn't bull****... it is what that horrific book says the God endorses! It is not a book of peace and goodwill in the slightest it is abhorrent in its morals and the behaviour of its lead character.[/ n/t apologies Mods I won’t lower myself any more to this pathetic abhorrent fool

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Give it to Ron

Just Fock off you ignorant pr1ck

What are you saying I am ignorant about exactly? :rolleyes:

Were you not aware the Bible contains those things I mentioned? Have you been brainwashed and indoctrinated to think it doesn't contain those things and cherry pick the things you like from it and conveniently ignore the horrific side of the character of God? The book should be banned from publication for endorsing sexism, homophobia, genocide and slavery.

• Lighthouse changed the title to Blasphemy and Duck Rape