Blasphemy and Duck Rape

Yorkshire Saint

:?

So do you think God is working to the morals of humans depending on what the time period is? He is the one that is supposed to be creating the moral code! We are talking about the actions of a 'kind and loving God'. Do you think a 'kind and loving' God would abuse his position of power to impregnate a 14 year old?

If you disapprove of it so much you really shouldn’t be celebrating the festival of Christmas Matthew, it’s very hypocritical.

If you disapprove of it so much you really shouldn’t be celebrating the festival of Christmas Matthew, it’s very hypocritical.

1) Do you not disprove of something abusing its position of power and impregnating a 14 year old?

2) How many more times do I need to tell you, if no religious element is involved... it is not celebrating Jesus or God. It is making good use of a national holiday to visit friends and family as they all have time off work at the same time :rolleyes: It is bizarre you can't grasp the difference!

1) Do you not disprove of something abusing its position of power and impregnating a 14 year old?

2) How many more times do I need to tell you, if no religious element is involved... it is not celebrating Jesus or God. It is making good use of a national holiday to visit friends and family as they all have time off work at the same time :rolleyes: It is bizarre you can't grasp the difference!

1/ of course not, however there is no evidence she was 14, or what her age was at all, this just assumptions made years later. You’ve used this reasoning to defend your stance on this thread so to be consistent you need to accept this is the case

2/ you don’t believe it happened anyway

3/ you didn’t just visit them though did you. You ate a meal, drank and exchanged gifts, did you wish them a merry Christmas or did anyone wish you one? Some might say those activities constitute celebrating the occasion, not just visiting family like you could do any time of the year.

MLG, just to satisfy my idle curiosity, are you aware that you're the subject of a wind-up and are playing along for a bit of a giggle, or are you blissfully unaware..?

Yours,

Lord T

P.s. any know when the mods get back from their holidays, religious or otherwise...?

Edited by trousers

1/ of course not, however there is no evidence she was 14, or what her age was at all, this just assumptions made years later. You’ve used this reasoning to defend your stance on this thread so to be consistent you need to accept this is the case

1) Even if she wasn't 14, it is an abuse of power to impregnate her. In the story he is an all knowing God, so he knew from the beginning even if offered a choice if she'd say yes or not. So she didn't really have a choice! It is an abhorrent story.

2/ you don’t believe it happened anyway

2) Do you believe it happened?

3/ you didn’t just visit them though did you. You ate a meal, drank and exchanged gifts, did you wish them a merry Christmas or did anyone wish you one? Some might say those activities constitute celebrating the occasion, not just visiting family like you could do any time of the year.

3) Why can't people change the meaning of the day? Originally this time of year was the Roman festival of Saturnalia, Christians pinched the date and changed the festival to Christmas... why can't I change it as well to a day of seeing family, giving gifts and no religion? That is how the majority of the country treat it! Church attendance in the UK is tiny in 2019 at Christmas.

MLG, just to satisfy my idle curiosity, are you aware that you're the subject of a wind-up and are playing along for a bit of a giggle, or are you blissfully unaware..?

Yours,

Lord T

P.s. any know when the mods get back from their holidays, religious or otherwise...?

I think Turkish is daft enough to believe what he says although he is also trying to wind me up and Raging Bull has been brainwashed and indoctrinated.

1) Even if she wasn't 14, it is an abuse of power to impregnate her. In the story he is an all knowing God, so he knew from the beginning even if offered a choice if she'd say yes or not. So she didn't really have a choice! It is an abhorrent story.

2) Do you believe it happened?

3) Why can't people change the meaning of the day? Originally this time of year was the Roman festival of Saturnalia, Christians pinched the date and changed the festival to Christmas... why can't I change it as well to a day of seeing family, giving gifts and no religion? That is how the majority of the country treat it! Church attendance in the UK is tiny in 2019 at Christmas.

She was given the chance you change the world and give birth to the son of god!

Sorry Matthew the world isn’t going to change the meaning of Christmas just for you. Anyway, you’re not denying you wished people happy Christmas then? So you celebrated it, game set and match ?

:?

So do you think God is working to the morals of humans depending on what the time period is? He is the one that is supposed to be creating the moral code! We are talking about the actions of a 'kind and loving God'. Do you think a 'kind and loving' God would abuse his position of power to impregnate a 14 year old?

The whole Jesus story was a set up, ( as if Judas had a choice ), and if you are God, you can do what you want. It's 'Do as I say" not 'Do as I do'. Most religious texts are a control mechanism.

Edited by badgerx16

I think Turkish is daft enough to believe what he says although he is also trying to wind me up and Raging Bull has been brainwashed and indoctrinated.

Says the person who thinks the world should change the meaning of Christmas just so he doesn’t have to admit to celebrating it ???

She was given the chance you change the world and give birth to the son of god!

The story says God created her and he is all knowing. Therefore she didn't have a choice and he abuse his position of power to impregnate her.

How did it change the world? The reason for Jesus being born in the story is utterly bizarre. God sacrificed himself to himself to act as a loophole to a law he made up. God could simply forgive mankind without the need for any of the nonsense if he is all powerful... yet he decided to have a human sacrifice because he loves blood sacrifice. It is utterly bizarre!

p.s. you ignored me asking you if you believe it is true!? :rolleyes:

Sorry Matthew the world isn’t going to change the meaning of Christmas just for you.

When did I say I expected the world to change? :rolleyes: I merely said what I do on the day.

Anyway, you’re not denying you wished people happy Christmas then? So you celebrated it, game set and match 

I did not say Merry Christmas to anyone.

Your evidence is a random Wikipedia article?

References are cited. e.g. Robert M. Price (a Christian atheist) who denies the existence of Jesus agrees that this perspective runs against the views of the majority of scholars: Robert M. Price "Jesus at the Vanishing Point" in The Historical Jesus: Five Views edited by James K. Beilby & Paul Rhodes Eddy, 2009 InterVarsity, ISBN 0830838686 p. 61

Turkish 0 Jonnyboy 42

giphy.gif

Still going at 1.15am, this sure means a lot to you pal!

As for this post, not really it's about you not what they do in a country 8000 miles away, besides, Jonny Boy has become a bit of a joke figure on here over the last 18 months with his increasingly desperate attempts to be the Jeremy Corbyn of mongboards.

I guess that's why he sees you as a kindred spirit perhaps, I mean Jezza attended lots of pro terrorism rallies and claimed he didn't support the IRA and Hamas, and you celebrated Christmas but pretended you didn't. plus every time both of you speak you generally get proven wrong very easily.

Still going at 1.15am, this sure means a lot to you pal!

As for this post, not really it's about you not what they do in a country 8000 miles away, besides, Jonny Boy has become a bit of a joke figure on here over the last 18 months with his increasingly desperate attempts to be the Jeremy Corbyn of mongboards.

I guess that's why he sees you as a kindred spirit perhaps, I mean Jezza attended lots of pro terrorism rallies and claimed he didn't support the IRA and Hamas, and you celebrated Christmas but pretended you didn't. plus every time both of you speak you generally get proven wrong very easily.

:lol:

Tell me something, do you honestly believe we’re here by pure accident/fluke? Seriously? Like the perfect distance from the sun etc with just the right amount of atmosphere etc for life to exist. Because if you do think it’s a fluke then it’s the equivalent of a tornado hitting a junk yard and building a jumbo jet.

There are estimated to be 2 trillion galaxies in the observable universe. There are between 200 billion and 400 billion stars in our galaxy alone, and it is estimated that there may be 100 billion planets. If Man is so important to God, that's an awful lot of wasted effort.

There are estimated to be 2 trillion galaxies in the observable universe. There are between 200 billion and 400 billion stars in our galaxy alone, and it is estimated that there may be 100 billion planets. If Man is so important to God, that's an awful lot of wasted effort.

Maybe he delegates designing things to Magratheans like Slartibartfast[h=1][/h]

How many more times FFS... Our universe is a computer simulation. Everything typed on this thread (for example) has been computer generated. None of us actually exist.

Must have given you a wry smile surely?

Absolutely. The theological pantomime and subsequent existential conundrum being played out on here makes for a cracking 20 toilet read. Makes a debatable offside and Sofiane Boufal seem fairly trivial in comparison to our own impending mortality and the mystery of what lies beyond.

The alternating replies between Turkish and MLG at 1am would have been a clue, had I actually been reading the forum that late.

I have no idea, guess some of us will find out 1 day.

Because we'll either open our eyes with everything God has for us or you'll be buggered by demons in hell for eternity

1) Is God all knowing? YES/NO

2) Is he kind and loving? YES/NO

3) Does God know what evidence it would take for me to believe in him? YES/NO

4) Is it kind and loving to punish someone for eternity in hell if you know what it would take to stop it happening but refuse to do so by providing sufficient evidence? YES/NO

Go on then, let's hear your flawed reasoning, again...

First I'd like answers to my earlier questions...

4) Is it kind and loving to punish someone for eternity in hell if you know what it would take to stop it happening but refuse to do so by providing sufficient evidence? YES/NO

1. yes

2. yes & no

3. yes

4. I can't make this any simpler for Matthew, all you have to do is believe in the blood of Christ on the cross and what it means for us and there's a very good chance you'll be saved. The evidence is His word in the bible, but you don't believe it. So drop em and bite the leather.

There are none so blind as those that cannot see.

IN any case, Jesus called the Pharisees hypocrites, he doesn't like people who say one thing and do another, so you're screwed matty, best hope those computer games can save you.

1. yes

2. yes & no

3. yes

4. I can't make this any simpler for Matthew, all you have to do is believe in the blood of Christ on the cross and what it means for us and there's a very good chance you'll be saved. The evidence is His word in the bible, but you don't believe it. So drop em and bite the leather.

So your God is not loving?

You argument is circular! :mcinnes: You are effectively saying the evidence for the Bible being true is the Bible! Outside of the Bible what evidence is there that the crucifixion and resurrection story is true?

I asked you if God knows what it would take for me to believe, you said he knows. He would also know that an old book is not sufficient evidence for me to believe. It is therefore cruel to punish someone for eternity in hell for not believing and withholding the evidence he knows would make me believe in him!

There are none so blind as those that cannot see.

IN any case, Jesus called the Pharisees hypocrites, he doesn't like people who say one thing and do another, so you're screwed matty, best hope those computer games can save you.

I am not a hypocrite. I don't pray, I don't worship Jesus or the Christian or any other God.

I will believe in any God if the evidence is sufficient. An all knowing God should know what evidence is sufficient but chooses not to reveal it.

So your God is not loving?

You argument is circular! :mcinnes: You are effectively saying the evidence for the Bible being true is the Bible! Outside of the Bible what evidence is there that the crucifixion and resurrection story is true?

I asked you if God knows what it would take for me to believe, you said he knows. He would also know that an old book is not sufficient evidence for me to believe. It is therefore cruel to punish someone for eternity in hell for not believing and withholding the evidence he knows would make me believe in him!

Get over yourself princess.

He's so loving that he gave us free will to choose. It wouldn't be very fair if he basically took free will from us and made us believe in him no matter what, would it.

You're choosing not to believe, that's you bag, so lube up.

I am not a hypocrite. I don't pray, I don't worship Jesus or the Christian or any other God.

I will believe in any God if the evidence is sufficient. An all knowing God should know what evidence is sufficient but chooses not to reveal it.

maybe you're looking in the wrong places?

Get over yourself princess.

He's so loving that he gave us free will to choose. It wouldn't be very fair if he basically took free will from us and made us believe in him no matter what, would it.

You're choosing not to believe, that's you bag, so lube up.

Explain how we have free will, if he created everything and knows the future! Free will is impossible in those conditions and God controls all elements to the system and knows the outcome of every decision when he sets the parameters for the creation.

• Lighthouse changed the title to Blasphemy and Duck Rape