Blasphemy and Duck Rape

Yorkshire Saint

1) You first need to prove God exists. Can you provide some good evidence please?

2) If he did exist... why does that make his rules automatically good?

3) Do you think the 10 commandment that disobedient children should be followed? The punishment in the Bible is to kill those children... is that the rule of a kind and loving God who should be respected?

(I doubt you'll answer all three questions. Surprise me...)

I can answer number 1. Daffodils

1/ depends what the burden of proof is, that’s a subjective point. For billions of people their religion has met that burden

Only because they don't understand what the burden of proof means (I have doubts if you know). Evidence needs to manifest in reality, be testable and the claim be falsifiable.

Enlighten us... what do you believe concerning God or is this entirely a wind-up?

2/ why didn’t you chose to spend time with your family and exchange gifts on May Day, August bank holiday or New Year’s Day? You chose to do it on Christmas Day.

I did spend time with them on New Year's day. As for May Day and August bank holiday, few families stay indoors at those times. A winter celebration pre-dates Christianity. They don't own it! :rolleyes:

3/ I would LOVE to see you explain to a Muslim why you are anti Islamic.

It isn't hard to justify why killing non believers is an abhorrent piece of scripture. As is the way woman are treated. Do you think both those things are ok?

Only because they don't understand what the burden of proof means (I have doubts if you know). Evidence needs to manifest in reality, be testable and the claim be falsifiable.

Enlighten us... what do you believe concerning God or is this entirely a wind-up?

I did spend time with them on New Year's day. As for May Day and August bank holiday, few families stay indoors at those times. A winter celebration pre-dates Christianity. They don't own it! :rolleyes:

It isn't hard to justify why killing non believers is an abhorrent piece of scripture. As is the way woman are treated. Do you think both those things are ok?

1/ it’s called confirmation bias. Look it up

2/ did you take them gifts too? Why did you chose to copy a praying tweet when there were dozens of others which said exactly the same thing with no reference to prayer? Some might suggest a subconscious leaning towards god

3/ Your anti Muslim diatribe is clouding your judgement of what is written in the Quran.

1/ it’s called confirmation bias. Look it up

2/ did you take them gifts too? Why did you chose to copy a praying tweet when there were dozens of others which said exactly the same thing with no reference to prayer? Some might suggest a subconscious leaning towards god

3/ Your anti Muslim diatribe is clouding your judgement of what is written in the Quran.

a) You ignored the question about what you believe concerning God.

b) You clearly don't know what confirmation bias is.

c) Only a couple of people (not dozens) interviewed Ralph after the game, I used the tweet of one of them. That does not mean I've passed any comment about prayer... this is utterly bizarre you are persisting with this line. That was solely about JWP's injury not being bad.

d) I'll ask (again)... do you think it is fine that the Qu'ran says non believers should be killed?

That criticism of Islamic scripture is just a perverted interpretation.

a) You ignored the question about what you believe concerning God.

b) You clearly don't know what confirmation bias is.

c) Only a couple of people (not dozens) interviewed Ralph after the game, I used the tweet of one of them. That does not mean I've passed any comment about prayer... this is utterly bizarre you are persisting with this line. That was solely about JWP's injury not being bad.

d) I'll ask (again)... do you think it is fine that the Qu'ran says non believers should be killed?

The thing about it is despite your protestations there are a lot of evidence to point to you not being what you claim. The celebrating of Christmas, the prayer tweets, the islamophobia, the claims of the burden of proof not being met. The picture it paints is a angry man at odds with himself struggling to find his identity. We are here to help you Matthew.

The burden of proof is on the person making a claim. That is how burden of proof works. :mcinnes:

What claims do you think I've made without evidence?

You claim not to be religious but you celebrate Christmas

You are clearly anti Islamic and by default a racist

You appear to be Christian adjacent

The burden of proof is subjective to who is asking for proof.

You claim not to be religious but you celebrate Christmas

You are clearly anti Islamic and by default a racist

You appear to be Christian adjacent

The burden of proof is subjective to who is asking for proof.

1) No religious element to my day = not religious (bizarre you can't understand that!)

2) You don't know that Islam is not a race... it is a religion. You can choose your religion... you can't choose your race

3) Again we've been through this and you still can't grasp that someone who doesn't believe in a God and thinks the teaching are harmful can't be a Christian adjacent

4) You don't understand what burden of proof means. The person making a claim has the burden of proof.

:mcinnes:

1) No religious element to my day = not religious (bizarre you can't understand that!)

2) You don't know that Islam is not a race... it is a religion. You can choose your religion... you can't choose your race

3) Again we've been through this and you still can't grasp that someone who doesn't believe in a God and thinks the teaching are harmful can't be a Christian adjacent

4) You don't understand what burden of proof means. The person making a claim has the burden of proof.

:mcinnes:

I think it’s you that’s lacking understanding my brother. Seek first to understand then be understood.

1) You first need to prove God exists. Can you provide some good evidence please?

You exist. God believes in you, even if you do not believe in Him.

( Belief does not require proof. )

2) If he did exist... why does that make his rules automatically good?

His gaff, his rules, ingrate.

3) Do you think the 10 commandment that disobedient children should be followed? The punishment in the Bible is to kill those children... is that the rule of a kind and loving God who should be respected?

The Bible is for the guidance of wise men, and the obedience of fools. The punishment of death is for children who disrespect their parents by striking or otherwise harming them, but you are as guilty of misappropriation and deliberate misinterpretation as Christian zealots who take every word of the Bible as 'Gospel' to be awarded blind and unquestioning devotion.

Edited by badgerx16

Heterosexual white men with right wing islamophobic, with extreme right wing Christian adjacency but are in complete denial.

As this is clearly at me.

- How do you know I'm hetrosexual?

- How do you know I'm white?

- Thinking a religion is evil for supporting slavery, genocide, sexism and homophobia is not extreme right wing :mcinnes:

- You can't be supportive of Christianity if you think its morals are bad and it has not met its burden of proof

• 1 month later...
Add pandemics to the duck rape as acts of this 'kind and loving' God

Don't be a helmet mate. Political/religious etc views etc at this time are cheap and unnecessary. The worlds in crisis, go and wash the car or whatever.

Good to see some virtual church services this Sunday morning. Giving people some inspiration and encouraging good can only be a positive thing.

It'll be interesting to see if we can find out the one true religion through all of this. Obviously if you're praying to the right god you've got a much greater chance of survival, so the stats should eventually start to back this up.

Add pandemics to the duck rape as acts of this 'kind and loving' God

I could go on for ever but you’d never see it, but as others have already pointed out, now isn’t the time. In fact I’ve purposely stayed away from this thread.

I don’t know what’s happened to you in your life (and I’m not sure I wanna know) but as per usual you’re utterly tone deaf to the situation.

Pour some ice cold water on your erect sausage and have a word with yourself.

I could go on for ever but you’d never see it, but as others have already pointed out, now isn’t the time. In fact I’ve purposely stayed away from this thread.

I don’t know what’s happened to you in your life (and I’m not sure I wanna know) but as per usual you’re utterly tone deaf to the situation.

Pour some ice cold water on your erect sausage and have a word with yourself.

There is no sane excuse for a kind and loving God to create a world where this can happen. If God is all knowing then free will cannot by definition exist as by knowing the future he removes free will as he created us under the conditions where he already knows what will happen... thus no free will.

There is no sane excuse for a kind and loving God to create a world where this can happen. If God is all knowing then free will cannot by definition exist as by knowing the future he removes free will as he created us under the conditions where he already knows what will happen... thus no free will.
Quite a few people were praying yesterday. Good for them.

There's a time for expression of your sorts of feelings. Now is not it. Have a look at what's going on. Take a minute to consider how others might be feeling or coping, and then think of the inevitable long term damage emotionally, physically, financially. Then ask yourself whether it's appropriate to be ramming home your prejudices.

I know people with no belief in anything who've turned to prayer. Sure you'll question why do that if you don't believe, but if it helps people cope then good luck to them.

If ever there was a time to live and let live, it's now.

That's a long winded way of saying wind your neck in.

There's a time for expression of your sorts of feelings. Now is not it. Have a look at what's going on. Take a minute to consider how others might be feeling or coping, and then think of the inevitable long term damage emotionally, physically, financially. Then ask yourself whether it's appropriate to be ramming home your prejudices.

I know people with no belief in anything who've turned to prayer. Sure you'll question why do that if you don't believe, but if it helps people cope then good luck to them.

If ever there was a time to live and let live, it's now.

That's a long winded way of saying wind your neck in.

False hope is not healthy. It is harmful and can make the situation worse.

You get daft people who pray for their children to get better rather than seeking medical help.

Prayer has never been shown to work. It creates false hope and should be discouraged in times like these.

Some people seek medical help and do a bit of prayer. If it lifts their morale in testing times then fair play. Crack on I say.

False hope is not healthy. It is harmful and can make the situation worse.

None of us have any right to question what gives other people ease and comfort at this time. This is not about you, your opinion, or your prejudice.

None of us have any right to question what gives other people ease and comfort at this time. This is not about you, your opinion, or your prejudice.

Why don't we have that right? :? Especially when their views impact on their actions and their actions impact on others. I'm also puzzled how you think what I've said meets a definition of prejudice.

What don’t you understand about this not being the time?

Why is it not the time? A large % of the world's population are praying to something they don't have good evidence for to help them, yet this same deity is the one that knew this would all happen and created the situation for it to happen. You appear to have no answer to that and instead resort to petty insults! :rolleyes:

If you disagree with me, explain why you disagree and lets actually debate this. Petty insulting isn't the answer when someone has a different view to you. Outline your rebuttal and see if it stands up to scrutiny, then is how we find out if our ideas are valid!

Why don't we have that right? :? Especially when their views impact on their actions and their actions impact on others. I'm also puzzled how you think what I've said meets a definition of prejudice.
How does someone saying a prayer which makes them feel better have any impact on your life? I couldn't care less. If it makes someone happy and isn't hurting anyone else then do what you like.

How does someone saying a prayer which makes them feel better have any impact on your life? I couldn't care less. If it makes someone happy and isn't hurting anyone else then do what you like.

It is harmful if they are praying for medical help from a God instead of seeking medical help. People do that and people die because of it. Even worse if they are doing it on behalf of their children. False hope in a non existent entity is not healthy.

MLG, this is my last post on the subject so I'll be blunt. You can be pedantic and opinionated at the best of times, but here you are showing yourself as insensitive, judgemental, opinionated, selfish and an all round bell end.

In the real world people are dying, suffering, and full of fear about health, family, friends, finances, future etc etc etc. This is serious and it is not the time for you to challenge people's beliefs and/or that are private to them.

If my neighbour who has no religious beliefs feels that prayer is helpful at this time, nobody else has any right to an explanation as to why that is being done. Your arrogance is beyond belief - how you can feel that anyone must explain to you what they choose to believe in/do I really don't know.

Focus on what makes you feel better at this time. Leave others to do what works for them. Live and let live, please.

It is harmful if they are praying for medical help from a God instead of seeking medical help. People do that and people die because of it. Even worse if they are doing it on behalf of their children. False hope in a non existent entity is not healthy.
I didn't say that did I. Loads of people say a prayer and still seek medical help. Good lick to them if it gives them comfort.

MLG, this is my last post on the subject so I'll be blunt. You can be pedantic and opinionated at the best of times, but here you are showing yourself as insensitive, judgemental, opinionated, selfish and an all round bell end.

In the real world people are dying, suffering, and full of fear about health, family, friends, finances, future etc etc etc. This is serious and it is not the time for you to challenge people's beliefs and/or that are private to them.

If my neighbour who has no religious beliefs feels that prayer is helpful at this time, nobody else has any right to an explanation as to why that is being done. Your arrogance is beyond belief - how you can feel that anyone must explain to you what they choose to believe in/do I really don't know.

Focus on what makes you feel better at this time. Leave others to do what works for them. Live and let live, please.

What I've said today in this thread does not meet a definition of arrogance, selfish, insensitive.

I didn't say that did I. Loads of people say a prayer and still seek medical help. Good lick to them if it gives them comfort.

If someone genuinely believed prayer worked there is no need for them to seek medical help.

If they do both and the person they pray for gets better... who do they credit... the doctors or God?

If someone genuinely believed prayer worked there is no need for them to seek medical help.

If they do both and the person they pray for gets better... who do they credit... the doctors or God?

You're boring. I don't care why people pray, it's not my concern as long as they aren't hurting anyone else. More power to them.

• Lighthouse changed the title to Blasphemy and Duck Rape