Blasphemy and Duck Rape

Yorkshire Saint

Raging Bull continues to be unable to construct a rebuttal to posts he disagrees with.

Simply not true. The fact of the matter is we’ve been over this again and again, but you simply don’t see it, and I don’t have the time or patience to go over it again.

Simply not true. The fact of the matter is we’ve been over this again and again, but you simply don’t see it, and I don’t have the time or patience to go over it again.

Give it a go. Pick out some things I've said that you disagree with and explain why.

:mcinnes:

You’re obviously a little hard of learning and I’m dealing with a company that’s being decimated by a virus, so let’s just leave it there shall we.

Not too busy to post on SaintsWeb but too busy to post anything sensible?
What's sensible about a religious debate with MLG for the thousandth time? I don't care if someone wants to follow a religion as long as it doesn't affect me. If it gives people some comfort then that's what matters.

I don't care if someone wants to follow a religion as long as it doesn't affect me. If it gives people some comfort then that's what matters.

Is your wife a practising muslim, or simply from a muslim background and doesnt believe/ hates it? No agenda, just interested.

In the real world people are dying, suffering, and full of fear about health, family, friends, finances, future etc etc etc. This is serious and it is not the time for you to challenge people's beliefs and/or that are private to them.

To be fair, in the real world, those things happen to people around the world all the time. Does that mean that people's beliefs should never be challenged?

To be fair, in the real world, those things happen to people around the world all the time. Does that mean that people's beliefs should never be challenged?

I don't believe that anyone's beliefs should be challenged on the basis that personal beliefs are exactly that, and have f*ck to all to do with anyone if they are not impacted by it. It makes no difference to you, me, MLG, or anyone if someone wants to pray to whatever they choose to believe in for some comfort or guidance at this or any other time.

Dredging this thread up as MLG has, and calling out people to join in a debate that only MLG wants, is crass / cheap /pathetic given what people are trying to adjust to at the moment. People have said that they don't want to play his games and MLG should respect that.

I don't believe that anyone's beliefs should be challenged on the basis that personal beliefs are exactly that, and have f*ck to all to do with anyone if they are not impacted by it. It makes no difference to you, me, MLG, or anyone if someone wants to pray to whatever they choose to believe in for some comfort or guidance at this or any other time.

Beliefs impact actions, actions impact other people. Therefore irrational beliefs should be challenged. They are harmful not just to the people holding them, but others.

It'll be interesting to see if we can find out the one true religion through all of this. Obviously if you're praying to the right god you've got a much greater chance of survival, so the stats should eventually start to back this up.

Looking at the state of Italy and Spain it aint the Catholic one.

I have the same view as all the others pal. You carrying on embarrassing yourself though

1) Why is it embarrassing to state that beliefs impact actions and actions impact on others? Irrational beliefs lead to irrational actions and that is harmful. It shouldn't be ignored as merely they aren't harming people, the harm is to themselves and anyone their actions impact. It isn't harmless.

2) Pandemics just highlight a kind and loving all knowing God is an oxymoron. It is impossible for a deity to have all of those qualities as they conflict with each other.

1) Why is it embarrassing to state that beliefs impact actions and actions impact on others? Irrational beliefs lead to irrational actions and that is harmful. It shouldn't be ignored as merely they aren't harming people, the harm is to themselves and anyone their actions impact. It isn't harmless.

2) Pandemics just highlight a kind and loving all knowing God is an oxymoron. It is impossible for a deity to have all of those qualities as they conflict with each other.

i'll put it simply for you. A number of people have said you are being a cock. If you cant see it then that says a lot about you. When you think the problem is everyone else, it probably isnt.

It hasn't stopped you making other petty insult posts. :mcinnes:

I completely gave up reasoning with you a couple of months ago when I pointed out that Russia is mentioned in the bible, when you were adamant it isn’t.

Turkish read it and understood it, therefore it’s clear he’s a bright fella who understands what’s written in front of him. You didn’t get it, or didn’t want to admit you were wrong. I think we all know the answer.

But the point is, the world has changed forever in an insanely short period of time, which is the most important thing here.

At some point we’ll all be touched by this thing in 1 way or another, so do yourself a favour and stop embarrassing yourself.

I completely gave up reasoning with you a couple of months ago when I pointed out that Russia is mentioned in the bible, when you were adamant it isn’t.

Turkish read it and understood it, therefore it’s clear he’s a bright fella who understands what’s written in front of him. You didn’t get it, or didn’t want to admit you were wrong. I think we all know the answer.

But the point is, the world has changed forever in an insanely short period of time, which is the most important thing here.

At some point we’ll all be touched by this thing in 1 way or another, so do yourself a favour and stop embarrassing yourself.

Russia is not mentioned in the Bible. You have shoehorned the modern world to fit something in the Bible when it does not. That is not how evidence works. You should not start at a conclusion and look for evidence like you do. Instead you should follow the evidence to a conclusion.

Beliefs impact actions, actions impact other people. Therefore irrational beliefs should be challenged. They are harmful not just to the people holding them, but others.

So my neighbour praying to a god of her understanding impacts other people in your view. Give me f*cking strength.

Russia is not mentioned in the Bible. You have shoehorned the modern world to fit something in the Bible when it does not. That is not how evidence works. You should not start at a conclusion and look for evidence like you do. Instead you should follow the evidence to a conclusion.

Yes it is.

Tell me something, is your missus practicing social distancing in the bedroom department? You seem overly frustrated today.

You are another that is unable to form a rebuttal. :rolleyes:

Yeah outthought by a great pseudo intellectual who thinks he’s onto something with the thread being bad things happen like so God can’t be good. Genius levels of theological thinking. Maybe bring up some Leviticus or Deuteronomy you being clever and all that? In no way are your a tiresome thick repetitive fcker, no way.

Yeah outthought by a great pseudo intellectual who thinks he’s onto something with the thread being bad things happen like so God can’t be good. Genius levels of theological thinking. Maybe bring up some Leviticus or Deuteronomy you being clever and all that? In no way are your a tiresome thick repetitive fcker, no way.

Ok... actually form a rebuttal.

Explain how a living, all knowing And all powerful God is not an oxymoron. Because those qualities are in conflict with each other and aren't logically possible for all to be the case at the same time.

Ok... actually form a rebuttal.

Explain how a living, all knowing And all powerful God is not an oxymoron. Because those qualities are in conflict with each other and aren't logically possible for all to be the case at the same time.

Nice to see you giving the God a capital G

Maybe you will not remain lost forever

I'm also intrigued why using Leviticus or Deuteronomy to show how evil this character is isn't valid.

Selective sunshine.

How do you square eye for eye with turn the other cheek? Must blow your tiny mind having that seeming contradiction to process. And all in the same book! Sort of thing might have to process in a Masters perhaps?

Selective sunshine.

How do you square eye for eye with turn the other cheek? Must blow your tiny mind having that seeming contradiction to process. And all in the same book! Sort of thing might have to process in a Masters perhaps?

Not mind blowing. Simply explained by it being written by lots of different men with their own ideas and not by a loving, all knowingand all powerful god.

Not arrogant. The last 13 years on this forum have shown you dont understand how evidence or rebuttals work

Incredibly arrogant. Laughable you say that you know how evidence works when you spent years telling us we were going to get a 45,000 stadium based on a few drawings and because a few others clubs were looking at expanding their grounds. How's the expansion coming on by the way? It was meant to start in 2012 or 13.

Incredibly arrogant. Laughable you say that you know how evidence works when you spent years telling us we were going to get a 45,000 stadium based on a few drawings and because a few others clubs were looking at expanding their grounds. How's the expansion coming on by the way? It was meant to start in 2012 or 13.

At no point did I say it would definitely happen. Yet again you twisting words!

Maybe you will not remain lost forever

If your god is all knowing then he knows what it would take for non believers to believe in him. Yet he decides not to provide that level of evidence. That is the action of an inept and incompetent deity... or more likely one that doesn't exist and is a man made creation used to explain what at the time was unexplained.

• Lighthouse changed the title to Blasphemy and Duck Rape