Chelsea 0-2 Saints - FT - Merry Christmas!

Suhari

Sky has our passing accuracy at 63% (Chelsea 81%)

Didnt feel like that watching it today. Felt our ball retention and accuracy was v good today

We got our goals by being brave and trying the difficult passes. When you play like that, your success rate goes down but threat increases as long as you're set up to work hard to win the ball back when the adventurous pass doesn't come off.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

The Redmond finished 'team' goal started when, despite being isolated upfield against 2 defenders, he won a throw in level with the Chelsea penalty box. Bertrand took the throw and something like 18 passes later, and involving most of the Saints outfield players, the ball was in the Chelsea net.

Great point. It was excellent play by Adams and those little things add up in the end. His hold up play is excellent.

Cracking result. Stephens MOTM for me, which is something I wouldn't have thought I'd be saying any time soon. Armstrong channeling his inner-Steven Davis is great/exciting to see :thumbup: Not to mention his inclusion seems to be giving us an extra body in the centre of the park at times.

As well as Armstrong (who I have been touting all season) mention should go to McCarthy. It is no coincidence that Saints' performances have been much more assured since he replaced Gunn. The big man commands his area, positions himself well and exudes confidence, which feeds in to the defenders. He is agile for his size, too. Fair enough, he didn't have much to do today, but his ongoing contribution should be recognised.

I am damaged from my years of Saints, I saw that we were 2 up and put on Amazon Prime with 4 minutes to go and had to leave the room fully expecting us to still not win.

My son in law said i should try and give up football as it will give me a heart attack!!

I am damaged from my years of Saints, I saw that we were 2 up and put on Amazon Prime with 4 minutes to go and had to leave the room fully expecting us to still not win.

My son in law said i should try and give up football as it will give me a heart attack!!

I disappeared with 12 minutes to go, and reappeared on 90 mins and almost had to go when they put 4mins ET up!

The Amazon who have spent a good 8 mins interviewing/swooning over Hasenhutl? They've barely spoken about Chelsea in the post match. Fu ck knows what you people want.
spot on, it was better than sky or BT as they didn't mention Liverpool once in the post match interview with us lol

Now read the Londocentric press write up that Chelsea were very poor! Not allowed to say b.o.l.l.o.x on here but I have.

Outstanding all round performances.

Yep. For those criticising posters on here for saying that villa were rubbish last time out, here is an example of us just playing really well and being the better team.

I got Amazon Prime only by mistake last Saturday when I ordered a book, was going to cancel but realised it was a free trial for month. Saw some the early stages but then switched over SSN and we scored, so ‘watched’ the remainder via Jeff Stelling and co. I knew Chelsea would score if I went back to Amazon.......

Really top class effort by all the team...and Ralph did his homework and despite my misgivings, Obefemi was great and Adams was a competent foil. MOTM for me was Armstrong...absolutely bossed the midfield and showed himself to be a real playmaker. JWP had one of his better games. Hojberg is still making some poor errors. Don’t let anyone say Chelsea were poor other than to also say Saints made them look poor. Fine result and for once the Christmas period is looking to be one we can celebrate.

That's 12 points from the last 6 matches and, but for a wrongly disallowed goal and some poor finishing, should have been at least 14.

Follow it up with two decent home games now with a minimum of 3-4 points (I'd probably take two draws, but we should do better) and I'll really feel the corner has been turned.

Just need our home crowd to appreciate the improvement, get behind the team and makes some positive noise!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Edited by Shroppie

A deserved MOM for JWP, though several others might have got it.

Can anybody explain why JWP was on Abraham for corners though ? It seemed to work well enough though , and a clean sheet says it all.

Thought most of the team played well. For me Stephens was MOM, but happy who ever get's it. Adams must have run over a black cat or something - feel for the lad.

Oh, and Amazon can do one - wasted nearly 2 hours trying to get the game, only to find you can't watch it in Ireland and they don't flaming tell you! Anyway found a decent stream, so all good. This team is a mystery to me - how can we play like we did today and complete rank at other times?

Happy for Obefemi, thought Adams looked promising. Would rather either over Long.

Finally a result to be proud of. Team played well. Armstrong showed what we miss and wish Prowse was capable of. Another nothing game for Prowse. Redmond's poor decision making was saved after Armstrong did all the hard work and gifted it to him. Defence was solid other than Cedric belting it up field and losing possession constantly.

Chelsea couldn't get it together but felt we deserved it. Could have had more if Redmond was smarter. Good confidence booster for us.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Were you actually watching ?

I am no JWP fan but he was very very good today a stat just came out that he made more tackles today against a top 6 side than any other player this season.

In short your wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Give it to Ron

I think Jack Stephens deserves praise. The guy has got a load of abuse this season but he has come back into the team and done his talking on the pitch. Those that slagged him should be feeling a tad embarrassed right now. He was immense today.

I know you like to see the best in our young players and I honestly find that admirable but up until literally the last two games Stephens has been consistently substandard. I wouldn’t say I’ve slated him but I’m a frequent critic and I don’t feel embarrassed. Fair play if he has a good game and long may it continue but it does nothing to change the last three years.

Amazing result for us - maybe, just maybe it’s time to look up the table rather than behind us. Couple of points of interest on Twitter, 150 people who had tickets never turned up, shame those seats went to waste and secondly Egil Ostenstad was in the away end with his family, great to know he’s still watching us.

Thought most of the team played well. For me Stephens was MOM, but happy who ever get's it. Adams must have run over a black cat or something - feel for the lad.

Oh, and Amazon can do one - wasted nearly 2 hours trying to get the game, only to find you can't watch it in Ireland and they don't flaming tell you! Anyway found a decent stream, so all good. This team is a mystery to me - how can we play like we did today and complete rank at other times?

Premier League matches are only available to Amazon.co.uk Prime customers based in the UK. We don't have the broadcast rights for Ireland or other territories. UK customers travelling outside the UK will be able to access the stream if within the European Union. All other international locations are not supported.