Gavin and Stacey

sadoldgit

Very much. Call me a **** but I liked 'Two Doors Down', WILTY is always good, and most recently, 'Mortimer and Whitehouse Gone Fishing' has provided chuckles.

That is such easy viewing and subtly amusing - but then I’m an old fart who does laugh at Porridge.

Some one earlier in the thread briefly mentioned A Christmas Carol on the 3 evenings before Christmas whilst not funny I thought it was pretty good.

G&S is a bit like the Royale Family with a few more sets.and bigger budget.

That is such easy viewing and subtly amusing - but then I’m an old fart who does laugh at Porridge.

Some one earlier in the thread briefly mentioned A Christmas Carol on the 3 evenings before Christmas whilst not funny I thought it was pretty good.

G&S is a bit like the Royale Family with a few more sets.and bigger budget.

That is probably why I don’t get Gavin and Stacey, I didn’t get the Royale Family either.

I’ve always felt Reeves was just dining out on being that surreal bloke from Shooting Stars, without actually doing anything funny or original since them. Don’t get me wrong, I loved that show in the nineties but nowadays Ric just seems like he’s being weird for the sake of weird.

Just saw a bit of Jules Holland Hogmany and Vic Reeves was drunk as a skunk, but sort of acted the same incoherent way he does when he's cornered on his own. Agreed, fine with a sidekick (in the 90's) but offers nothing by himself. I suppose the same goes for Bob Mortimer, who clicked so well with Paul Whitehouse on their fishing show.