Saints v Palace - Match Thread

St Chalet

I don't think it helps our attack having both Boufal and Redmond in the same side. Both not very good at defending. But more importantly, both have no idea when to release the ball. There is room for one of those style players in our team as they could open up the opposition. But I dont think room for both, especially when we have 2 strikers who need to be fed. The issue is Djenepo on the bench is the same as Redmond and Boufal and will hog the ball.

I would be tempted to try either Djenepo or Boufal upfront in hope they run central with the ball to open things up thats what we miss really.

We seem to get far too few attackers in good areas at home. No composure in the final third at all. The St Mary's disease still with us.

because without creativity through the center its hard to unlock defences with a high line, away from home teams like to attack infront of home fans so the home team is always up against the counter attack. We need a better central midfielder who can create something or an attacker with pace and flair to run with the ball like Mane did for us.