Saints v Palace - Match Thread

St Chalet

Difficult chance or a sitter, which is it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Open goal from 2 yards out... but ball bounced up to an awkward height and he was stretching for it. A left footed attacker might have scored it but wasn’t as easy as it first appeared.

Finding the Palace behaviour really odd. Acting as though they are so hard done by. True, the goal disallowed was harsh but that is just part of the wider VAR debate on offsides and nothing unique to this game. The Milivojevic booking was just as obvious as a booking as you will ever see, I can't believe they have the cheek to argue it! If anything, they should be happy the ref decided not to also punish for his reaction, especially as he is the captain and should know better.

On our side, I think we are playing pretty well against a tough, stodgy opposition. Boufal looks like he may either win us this game or lose it for us. JWP has been good in the midfield, especially at winning the ball back which is a very recent addition to his game. In particular he has won 4-5 competitive headers which I never thought I would see. It looks like most of our chances are gonna come from crosses, so we need to work on improving our crossing in the second half. Might be worth bringing on Armstrong soon for either Boufal or Redmond as I trust him to swing in a better cross than either of those two.

Pretty poor game so far. Palace look more dangerous than us - and we've again gotten away with conceding a goal thanks to a tight VAR decision. We must be league leaders in that. Accident rather than design, though.

Boufal has looked bright, though on a completely different wavelength to everyone else.

Doesn't feel like a goal's coming (for us) but all to play for.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Really ?? I thought he was the one player looking most unlikely to unlock the palace bus parking ?
he looked better when he moved to the left after 20 minutes but he was losing the ball a lot in the first half nothing is really coming off for him but hey he is the sort of play that just needs it to come off once to look spectacular.

Fair play to JWP though he is playing really well again today probably MoM so far.

We haven't really carved out any really good chances in the first half though few half chances but we look a bit blunt up front.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Don't understand the criticism of Boufal. He's done ok, and made some very good runs at the Palace defense.
He's done better in the last 20 minutes or so. Before that he was giving the ball away even more than PEH normally does. Could be a match winner with a touch more composure.

I don't think it helps our attack having both Boufal and Redmond in the same side. Both not very good at defending. But more importantly, both have no idea when to release the ball. There is room for one of those style players in our team as they could open up the opposition. But I dont think room for both, especially when we have 2 strikers who need to be fed. The issue is Djenepo on the bench is the same as Redmond and Boufal and will hog the ball.