Saints v Spurs NYD - Build Up & Match Thread

John Boy Saint

I actually think we have dropped a lot of the high intensity pressing that we heard about and tried to implement at the start.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

No, we did that when we were very poor and tried to just defend. I think we have found a balance between the two, found a formation that suits us and players, and some of the player have found form (Ings, Mac, Bed, Jack, JWP etc.), and (just my opinion) Ralph thought **** this defensive mentality - I'm going to get sacked anyway, so let's get more aggressive. BTW - you can hear him all game shouting at players - mainly Redders to get his skates on!

Spurs player dives, gives himself a free kick, grabs ball in hands and takes it quick and gives it away. Ref brings it back.

Ref is weak, should have called handball on him or waved play on when he gave it back to us. Ref is itching to give spurs every chance of winning this game.

What's changed in Ralph's style? We seem to actually be showing signs of what he promised, is it Kitzbichler? Or has he not arrived yet?

Arrived months ago. But its quite likely he started to influence things a few weeks ago. Something changed. We started to look organised, especially in defence.

Surely it doesn’t matter how fast the ball is travelling?

The bottom line is, your hand shouldn’t be waving about your head, full stop?

I like VAR, it’s the guy making the decision behind the screen that’s the problem with consistency.

I generally have a reasonable amount of respect for refs and the job that they do. I am a former ref as well so am a little bit more empathetic. That respect and empathy does not extend to Mike Dean who I am appalled is still allowed to ref at this level. This is not just about Saints, every game I have seen him ref he gives the vast majority of decisions to the big clubs.

Surely it doesn’t matter how fast the ball is travelling?

The bottom line is, your hand shouldn’t be waving about your head, full stop?

I like VAR, it’s the guy making the decision behind the screen that’s the problem with consistency.

Lost in all of this is what a beautiful move it was by Saints too. Gah!