Saints v Spurs NYD - Build Up & Match Thread

John Boy Saint

Not impressed with Mike Dean, as usual. That's twice in the last few minutes there has been a blatant foul on a Saints player and he's completely ignored it.

Yep - about time he booked the diving Dele pr*k

We’re playing well but need to be a bit smarter about trying to keep the ball in at all costs. A few times we’ve saved a throw in but in doing so given the ball away and put ourselves out of position.

To be honest, just playing well is still the most we can hope for. I\ll worry about the other stuff if we become consistent.

Not bad from Saints but Spurs waltzing through our midfield and creating a fair few chances a bit too often.

Quick ball over the top for our runners is likely to be productive against their defence. Will probably need at least a second goal.

If we try & park the bus in the second half it will end in misery, attack is definitely our best form of defence! We definitely need another goal, whoever scores next is going to have a huge advantage, can't see spurs failing to score

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

I love the new adventure in Saints play. We're making some give-aways, but I think it's largely a result of greater desire to move the ball quickly. Some of the one-touch build up has been divine. Hoj, JWP and Armstrong are in danger of turning into a really powerful engine room. Dje, Ings and Redmond can be genuinely exciting. And the defense is gaining stature with each game.

As we grow in confidence I feel like best is to come. But... Spurs looking dangerous, and i'm pretty sure we'll need at least one more goal.

Really good half. Lost a little bit of control towards the end but that is understandable given who we are playing! Once again everyone is putting in a shift, unlike earlier in the season. There is just about enough talent in this side to keep us up as long as they keep working hard like they have done here and the last 4-5 games. It can't be understated what a difference Armstrong had made. We just look like we have such a more solid foundation with him in the side. I'd also love to see how many miles JWP has run across the last week, the boy is a machine. Slightly strange that is he is turning into a Kante, but it actually kinda works. Even weirder to see him winning so many headers.

Spurs still have so much quality in their forward few players so won't be disheartened if they find a way through in this game. I wouldn't mind trying to get down on the outside a few more times as Spurs fullbacks look vulnerable. When we cut in it is easier to defend against as their centrebacks + Sissoko all defend well.

What's changed in Ralph's style? We seem to actually be showing signs of what he promised, is it Kitzbichler? Or has he not arrived yet?

I actually think we have dropped a lot of the high intensity pressing that we heard about and tried to implement at the start.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

I actually think we have dropped a lot of the high intensity pressing that we heard about and tried to implement at the start.

Have we finally realised we don't have the players to implement that across a whole 90 minutes?

Have we finally realised we don't have the players to implement that across a whole 90 minutes?

I love that we're actually playing to our strengths for once. Would like to see Redmond tried on the right for a run of games, he's rarely played there but I always think he plays much better when he does.