How we fans stop VAR forever?

davefoggy

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

As VAR reviews all goals scored I’m left wondering why they did not spot that the ball was outside of the arc when the corner kick was taken for Burnley’s first goal ??

Given that all sorts of petty infringements have been penalised (even unintentional handball) I find I strange that this is ignored !

I realise that most players push the boundaries by placing the ball on the outer edge but yesterday’s looked clearly outside to me, even after watching replays !

Ps. I’m not being bitter and twisted about losing, I jus find it bemusing that some rules are allowed to be broken and others not !

As VAR reviews all goals scored I’m left wondering why they did not spot that the ball was outside of the arc when the corner kick was taken for Burnley’s first goal ??

Given that all sorts of petty infringements have been penalised (even unintentional handball) I find I strange that this is ignored !

I realise that most players push the boundaries by placing the ball on the outer edge but yesterday’s looked clearly outside to me, even after watching replays !

Ps. I’m not being bitter and twisted about losing, I jus find it bemusing that some rules are allowed to be broken and others not !

Clutching at straws, nothing wrong with the ball placement.

Sent from my SM-T590 using Tapatalk

The problem , even when I was playing , is the corner flag getting in the way ! As I see it they are making room to swing their leg at the ball . This season I have seen the lino make the taker move the ball an inch or two so part of the ball was over the outside edge of the line.

The main problem with the corner was Ings moving out the way of the ball , Mc Carthy had gone over his line having tried to push an attacker out of his way but failed !