Liverpool away allocation

Fookwit

1829 what a joke. Saturday game at 3pm what is going on with away allocation tickets?????

We have never taken an alocation of 3000 to liverpool, even thoiugh for a Saturday 3pm KO there will be planty of uptake. (though there are always enough Lverpool so called fans in our section as it is)

We have never taken an alocation of 3000 to liverpool, even thoiugh for a Saturday 3pm KO there will be planty of uptake. (though there are always enough Lverpool so called fans in our section as it is)

The normal away allocation at Anfield is just under 3000 and has been for a long time so we are never going to take 3000.

I’ve probably been there 20+ times and Saints have sold out full away section including restricted and severely restricted view seats plenty of times.

The normal away allocation at Anfield is just under 3000 and has been for a long time so we are never going to take 3000.

I’ve probably been there 20+ times and Saints have sold out full away section including restricted and severely restricted view seats plenty of times.

Ok I’ll change my statement we have never taken our full allocation entitlement to Liverpool since we came back up. One season we only took around 900 though that was either a mid week game on an early Sunday .

You are right though we normally sell out the allocation we do take .

like you I’ve been to Anfield over 20 time’s .

Ok I’ll change my statement we have never taken our full allocation entitlement to Liverpool since we came back up. One season we only took around 900 though that was either a mid week game on an early Sunday .

You are right though we normally sell out the allocation we do take .

like you I’ve been to Anfield over 20 time’s .

If any season ticket holders are not planning on going and willing to let me use their season ticket numbers to get a couple of tickets, please let me know. I need a couple of extra tickets.

I have ticket but think I am unlikely to make it. Yours if you want it?

There appears to be a major issue with the club's handling of away ticket allocations at the moment. I would have liked to have got a ticket for this if possible, as would many others it seems.

Who is making the decisions about how many tickets we need? Whoever it is needs to get their act together, because it's p!ssing a lot of people off and making us look like our away following is much worse than it actually is.

There appears to be a major issue with the club's handling of away ticket allocations at the moment. I would have liked to have got a ticket for this if possible, as would many others it seems.

Who is making the decisions about how many tickets we need? Whoever it is needs to get their act together, because it's p!ssing a lot of people off and making us look like our away following is much worse than it actually is.

Yes, this is a massive issue and also another sign that the club is massively out of touch with the fan base. Apart from Newcastle, Burnley perhaps Everton and City, I would imagine we would sell out most allocations. Any games in the Premier League south of Birmingham will sell out. We have a large following from Saints fans up North and they tend to mainly go to away games, which is understandable. The allocations for Chelsea, Leicester, Palace and Liverpool are massive mistakes from the club.

Yes, this is a massive issue and also another sign that the club is massively out of touch with the fan base. Apart from Newcastle, Burnley perhaps Everton and City, I would imagine we would sell out most allocations. Any games in the Premier League south of Birmingham will sell out. We have a large following from Saints fans up North and they tend to mainly go to away games, which is understandable. The allocations for Chelsea, Leicester, Palace and Liverpool are massive mistakes from the club.

Yep I am staying in Edinburgh so away games my only option really, and now I can't go

Criteria of sales, if tickets are not sold the club has to be pay for them.

The premier league is so popular if we didn't sell out, we can easily send tickets back and clubs like Liverpool would snap them up to sell in the Anfield Road end to home fans.

This x100.

It's very worrying that the people in charge of the 'day to day' running of our football club have no clue whatsoever what fans want. what happened to the fans voice or whatever it was called?

It really isn't rocket science, but our club is an embarrassment

Away allocations are a joke, the Palace one is crazy, when have we ever not sold out at Palace?!!?

The demand is way larger than the allocation at the moment.

Agreed.

Take the full allocation. First tickets available to loyal away fans. The rest to season tickets then general sale = sold out!!

The only reason more Saints fans don't go to away games is because it's so damn hard to get tickets!!!!!

This issue probably deserves its own thread, it’s certainly p*ssed a few off recently.

It’s baffling why the club are suddenly taking the smallest allocations possible for away games since and including Chelsea away on Boxing Day.

The 3 games prior saw maximum (3,000) allocations sold out for Arsenal and Villa and, I believe, around 1,500 for our furthest trip north to Newcastle on a Sunday in December, so not the worst turn-out.

So why did we take just 1,500 for Chelsea, one of our closest games? Transport can be an issue on Boxing Day but that didn’t stop other clubs’ fans getting to games or us in the past. A few years back the club got their fingers burnt a little on a full allocation there that didn’t sell-out but this was when a ticket set you back well in excess of £50 with the booking fee.

Then we hear we’ve only taken 1,200 out of an entitled full allocation of 2,500 for Palace, 1,200 for a Saturday match in Leicester when we could have up to 3,000 and around 1,800 for Liverpool (3,000 allocation). All these 4 fixtures sold out weeks before the fixtures. Wolves away was another f’k up.

It would appear SFC are just not interested in selling tickets for other clubs, they make nothing from our fans going to other grounds and is probably just seen as an inconvenience having to arrange getting them sold. Do they think if we’re not buying away tickets then we’re more likely to spend our hard-earned on home games? Wrong imo.

I’m aware you get so many away tickets on a sale-or-return basis and then any further allocation you pay for up front and lose out if unsold. What would be interesting to know is how many each club provide sale-or-return and then timescale in which to request more tickets. We could have sold loads more for these games given the time they initially sold out.

Surely the team and manager want as many fans travelling as possible, we must have too many inflexible business people making all the decisions who have no football background. Certainly makes us look small-time.

The premier league is so popular if we didn't sell out, we can easily send tickets back and clubs like Liverpool would snap them up to sell in the Anfield Road end to home fans.

Who cares if we don’t sell out- even if it was 600 that didn’t sell out, that is only £18,000- peanuts for a PL club.

The club are being ****s about the allocation, after all we were the club that subsidised away fans by giving them tickets for £20 and giving them 3200 seats which is more than we should give.

SFB, Southampton football business. They could not give a monkeys about the size of our away allocations. All that matters is that they don't make a loss by not selling a requested allocation. With that in mind, the policy appears to be take no chances. 1200 for Palace is pathetic. What kind of 'club' would treat its 'members' like this. You are a customer. Nothing more.

Edited by Chez

SFB, Southampton football business. They could not give a monkeys about the size of our away allocations. All that matters is that they don't make a loss by not selling a requested allocation. With that in mind, the policy appears to be take no chances. 1200 for Palace is pathetic. What kind of 'club' would treat its 'members' like this. You are a customer. Nothing more.

Shanghai Leisure Holdings

The club are acting disgracefully over these allocations, it’s a proper ‘**** you’ to us.

This is exactly what those Saints Voice nonces should be sorting out. I won’t hold my breath.

Lol the saints voice, pathetic bunch of arse licking dins. The sort of people that wanted to be head boy at school.

The Palace one has annoyed me, I work in London so any away game in London is perfect for me. No idea why we took such a small allocation because I’ve missed out and I’m sure there are many others who have too. Our away following is generally brilliant so the club need to realise there is more of a demand than they are currently supplying.

The Palace one has annoyed me, I work in London so any away game in London is perfect for me. No idea why we took such a small allocation because I’ve missed out and I’m sure there are many others who have too. Our away following is generally brilliant so the club need to realise there is more of a demand than they are currently supplying.

Same thing for me, and I would have been able to buy them at the top of the sales too, but I didn' even realise they'd gone on sale until too late...!

Luckily I've managed to find a Saints fan with a spare.